The Student Room Group

Snow

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I love snow normally. But I'm pretty sure that if it snows tonight the trains will go to pot tomorrow. I wanna go see my girlfriend :frown:
Reply 21
Pfft, ungrateful gits. I wish it would snow here, it never does! Snow is awesome.
Reply 22
Snow - Bad
I agree, the snow is nice to look at first thing in the morning, but by midday it's all slushy and grey:frown:. And I slip almost every year :colondollar:
Reply 24
omg TSR is full of grinches
Im guessing you guys would rather have rain than snow as well -.-
So tragic, snow makes everything so much better, nothing is better than a 400 man snowball fight, trust me :tongue:
Also you can snowboard on snow so therefore snow is awesome.
I like shovelling snow! Don't be silly, it's not hard at all.
Snow hates you.
Reply 27
i used to luvvv snow when my school used to be closed at a sight of a single snow drop so i never had to experience much walking in snow but now my school remains open and so its soo horrible to slowly have to slide across the ice esp walking near car entrances where the pavements slope and you feel like if your going to slide down...
Reply 28
Original post by antantoon
omg TSR is full of grinches
Im guessing you guys would rather have rain than snow as well -.-
So tragic, snow makes everything so much better, nothing is better than a 400 man snowball fight, trust me :tongue:
Also you can snowboard on snow so therefore snow is awesome.

If you live in a place where snow isn't rare, the novelty quickly wears off. I think you must be allowed to say you're not the biggest fan of snow without being called a heartless bastard. After a while it becomes dirty and ugly and full of rubbish. Then it turns slushy, freezes to ice, turns slushy again, freezes to ice again... And just creates a lot of problems.

It's okay in December.
Reply 29
The more I hear people complain about snow the more I want it to snow. Do I love snow or am I sadistic?
I waited for an hour in 4 inches of snow and a blizzard at 8am this morning only for my bus not to turn up so I can safely say that I don't like snow at the moment!
snow sucks balls!
Reply 32
I go to school via coach- so to be honest when it snows there is monstrous traffic. i remeber last year in feb i think- traffic was so bad- a usual 45 min journey took us the best part of 4 hours. Arrived in time for lunch lolz. So i don't really want those days which is why on the one hand i hate snow but goddamnit you have to admit it looks mighty fine when no one has stepped on it or done anything-just puer whiteness (apart from the piss which stains it yellow- damn hobo :P)
Original post by SAK.A
Ok I've heard it's could snow in my area and I am really dreading it. And the reasons why is as follows:
1.I have to walk to school, in my suit shoes which have no grip whats so ever so I'm going to either slip and fall and crack my head open or ice skate to school.
Then wear a pair of trainers/walking boots to school and put your smart shoes in your bag and change when you get there.
2.There is a chance school will get called off. I have exams coming up and not going school is not the best idea.
You have all of your text books, its not difficult to teach yourself if you put in some effort. Also, if you have exams soon then chances are you have been taught everything you need for the exam and what you are currently being taught is covering what you do after this exam, and if that is the case then you should spend the time off school revising.
3.After the initial first footprints in the snow when the snow turns into slush and ice it's disgusting and dangerous.
Then be careful.
4.I have to shovel the snow out of my driveway shoveling snow is not easy trust me(I remember last year).
Stop complaining and man up you wimp.
5.Sure it is fun for like the first few hours but after that it's just downhill.
See my answer to point 4.
I bet most of you are thinking :eek:
Nope, I'm thinking that you sound like a whining little bitch

There you go, all your problems are solved.
I love the snow.
Its a chance to have a day off school/college, sit inside drinking tea and watching jeremy kyle all day.
SNOW IS AMAZING, WHEN SCHOOL IS CALLED OFF ITS THE BEST THING EVER. i understand its not the best time but just revise in the evenigs
Original post by Potiron
I love snow normally. But I'm pretty sure that if it snows tonight the trains will go to pot tomorrow. I wanna go see my girlfriend :frown:

I'm supposed to visit my boyfriend tomorrow. Praying it doesn't snow tonight so I can get there :frown:
Reply 37
Original post by mackemforever
There you go, all your problems are solved.

Easier said than done. :frown:
Shoveling snow when it's compressed at the bottom is hard and I have a BIG garden/driveway.
Original post by jelementality
SNOW IS AMAZING, WHEN SCHOOL IS CALLED OFF ITS THE BEST THING EVER. i understand its not the best time but just revise in the evenigs

Thing is, my school was NEVER called off for snow.
I'm serious. In 7 years, we got one afternoon off because of the snow, and it snowed near enough every year. And people used to travel for miles to go to my school- bus, coach, what have you. I'm sure snow days are nice. I just never had one :frown:
Original post by SAK.A
Easier said than done. :frown:
Shoveling snow when it's compressed at the bottom is hard and I have a BIG garden/driveway.

The private drive (shared by 4 houses) from the main road up to my parents house (where I was living last winter when it snowed), is around 400 yards long, with about 250 yards of it on a steep hill.

We were the only family who were not on holiday at the time and both of my parents work from home, so I had to shovel the entire drive by myself so I was able to get out to work.

I know its difficult, but the fact of the matter is that you need to man up and stop bitching.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending