The Student Room Group

The *waiting for news is driving me crazy* Uberthread

Scroll to see replies

My UCAS hasn't even been sent yet, it's going off next week but i'm already stressing haha, i just wanna know!
Original post by danielle-dansmell
I think when i finally do have all my offers, i'm going to quite miss this thread to be honest :wink:

I hope you don't mind me asking but how long did you wait to hear back from Cardiff? :rolleyes: The wait is driving me insane! :eek:
Original post by sophielou92
I hope you don't mind me asking but how long did you wait to hear back from Cardiff? :rolleyes: The wait is driving me insane! :eek:

My friend heard back from Cardiff yesterday for Psychology - but without the placement year if that makes a difference :smile:
Original post by Jamdown
yipheeeee!!! . I sent off my UCAS 17th November, and received two conditional offers today before getting my welcome pack. Well worth the wait.....:-)

Wow congratulations! Really quick responses there! What course and at where?
Original post by jaydemikaela
My friend heard back from Cardiff yesterday for Psychology - but without the placement year if that makes a difference :smile:

Thank you :smile: It might make a difference but at the mo I'm happy to get any info as I'm just thinking "same department" :cool: Any idea when your friend sent off their app? :biggrin:
Thank you :smile: It might make a difference but at the mo I'm happy to get any info as I'm just thinking "same department" :cool: Any idea when your friend sent off their app? :biggrin:

No problem :smile: I think she sent it on 21st October.
Original post by jaydemikaela
No problem :smile: I think she sent it on 21st October.

Thank you :biggrin: and best of luck with your app :smile:
Guys, don't worry about not getting offers yet. I got my first two today in the space of two hours, after sending mine off 2 weeks ago! The waiting is so worth it. :biggrin:
Hi, I just thought i'd join this thread because the wait is annoying me also,
However i do have 3 offers for History and Sociology (2011 entry Obviously:biggrin:)
-Gloucestershire BBB
-UWE BBB
-Cardiff ABB

But im still waiting for my top 2, Warwick and Exeter so the wait for the those is killing me...i must be on track at least ten times a day lol :biggrin:

Congrats to all of those who have recieved offers :h:
Thank you :biggrin: and best of luck with your app :smile:

Thanks, you too :biggrin:
Original post by urbanshoemyth

I got an acknowledgement as well today, but from Lincoln :smile:

EDIT: Just got an offer for Lincoln :biggrin:

wow, that was quick! lol :smile: congrats again! haha :smile:
Reply 1271
Have any of you gotten an offer at the weekend, so I don't have to track Track all the time at the weekends as well? Cheers! :tongue:
I was wondering about the weekend thing. It's been like 2 weeks and acknowledgements but no offers. this can't be good.
Original post by LouLou92
I was wondering about the weekend thing. It's been like 2 weeks and acknowledgements but no offers. this can't be good.

2 weeks is nothing. :tongue:

I swear i've heard of someone who got an offer at the weekend before, but that could be rubbish.
Still waiting on Sheffield Hallam, even though they said they were going to start looking at applications a month ago :colone:
Grrr. Just checked my GCSE certificates on a whim and I've just realised my middle names are on them. I didn't put my middle names on UCAS (because they wouldn't all fit in the box) and they're not on my passport for the same reason. I told my sister and she laughed at me and said I was stupid to put them down on any documents in the first place (they really are terrible names!). So no sympathy there! Is it a big deal, like will unis understand I am who I say I am? I think my middle names are on my birth certificate... I just have no idea where it is. Pah.
Original post by Antifazian
2 weeks is nothing. :tongue:

I swear i've heard of someone who got an offer at the weekend before, but that could be rubbish.

I got an offer on a Saturday from Hull but that was by letter, it updated on Track on a weekday.
Reply 1277
Don't expect to hear anything for weeks. It was a month before I got my first offer. And I know people who sent theirs off before me and still haven't heard anything. They can leave their offers right up until the last day if the want.

Good things come to those who wait.
Original post by glitterphobia
wow, that was quick! lol :smile: congrats again! haha :smile:

Got an interview for Oxford. :woo: First news I've heard since UCAS went off....

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending