The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Official UCL Applicant Thread for Entry in 2011!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kaskade
Woo well doneeeee! It's strange 'cause I haven't seen any other law offers for UCL other than internationals! But I thought the deadline was later on?

Thanks! Does anyone know if UCL will send an acceptance letter along with offers? So far only Track has been updated!

Which deadline are you referring to? I submitted my UCAS on 14 Oct, sat for LNAT on 2 Oct.

I'm still very surprised to have received an offer so early; I thought they'd wait until Jan 15 before sending them. When I got the email from Track, I thought it was Oxford updating my status to interview actually. :colondollar:
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 1481
Original post by earheart
If you don't mind me asking, what're your predictions, AS grades, GCSE grades and if your an international student?

Law candidate too, no news yet from UCL, but i think my AS results of AABB won't go down too well with them :frown:

12 A*s GCSE
4 As for AS
Predicted A*A*A

I'll be honest I dont know if i'm considered an international student for UCL. I'm from the channel islands, some unis consider us overseas, others don't.

And to the other poster, I sat the LNAT on the 29th October and sent off UCAS on 14th October.
Original post by eve_bg
I think it clearly shows that grades are NOT the only thing UCL are looking for.. that's why there's the personal statement, the reference and sometimes an interview. Yes, economics is extremely competitive, but four A* predicted.. who can beat that? Looks like it's a strong personal statement that can get you in:smile: (in addition to a thousand As of course) :biggrin:
I don't know if I'd go this far, but I agree to a degree. Grades are an indication of academic potential, of aptitude, but that academic potential can exist and be obvious without good grades (if only rarely). But if everyone has the same grades, and it seems those applying for Economics are all extremely qualified to apply for it, then the admissions department is obviously obliged to split hairs. I wouldn't take a rejection personally, anyway.
Reply 1483
Original post by nikita_atikin

Oh, I see you had your interview at UCL, how was it? Is it a relaxed chat or do they make you do maths questions and stuff? Did you have a good time? :smile: Sorry for all the questions, I'm curious! I have one next week, you see :smile:

indeed i did. lol dnt be soz 4 the questions, its no prob.

its not that relaxed in the sense that its still an interview. so yh 1 or mayb 2 maths/logic questions and couple of questions about ur PS. but nothing too hard.

how was ur imp interview? ^^
Original post by robynxxx
conditional offer from ucl for modern languages.. AA (french and spanish) B (english). now, i'm excited! any other modern languages applicants here? :biggrin:

Congratulations- what a great offer.:smile:
I'm still waiting to hear from UCL
Original post by dj9
indeed i did. lol dnt be soz 4 the questions, its no prob.

its not that relaxed in the sense that its still an interview. so yh 1 or mayb 2 maths/logic questions and couple of questions about ur PS. but nothing too hard.

how was ur imp interview? ^^

That format is very similar to Imperial then. My interview at Imperial went baaaaaaadly :frown: About 95% sure I won't get an offer. Oh well... :smile:

Original post by jaggedspike
Username: jaggedspike
Course: Computer Science
Planned Entry: 2011

Oh yay me too :biggrin: Have you heard back from them?
Had an interview last Tuesday, I've not heard anything. Starting to get a tad nervous!
Original post by Dewsy
Got an offer for Law today :smile: AAA

Well done, when did you apply? :smile:
Reply 1488
Original post by no chance
I don't know if I'd go this far, but I agree to a degree. Grades are an indication of academic potential, of aptitude, but that academic potential can exist and be obvious without good grades (if only rarely). But if everyone has the same grades, and it seems those applying for Economics are all extremely qualified to apply for it, then the admissions department is obviously obliged to split hairs. I wouldn't take a rejection personally, anyway.

Yes this was my point, when a third of all applicants are predicted 3 A*s, you have to look beyond academics. And when you do that, it can turn out the a person with AAA is more suitable than a candidate with A*A*A* ...
PS: I am not applying for economics! :smile:
Reply 1489
Hi guys. Anyone applied for maths and got an offer/interview ?

and does UCL interview all maths applicants ?

Thanks in advance :smile:
Reply 1490
Unconditional for Chemical Engineering and Chemical with Biochemical Engineering.

Had 8A* and 2As at GCSE, 5As at A level (our system doesn't have the A* grade for A-levels since I'm an international applicant)

Pretty happy to have received this offer, although I would prefer Cambridge and Imperial, since UCL isn't exactly the best for ChemEng.
(edited 13 years ago)
Just got a French offer this morning. AAB
No offence to the OP, but I think this thread should have been made by a more well-established, regular TSR user.

The course list hasn't been updated in 4 weeks :erm:
Reply 1493
Original post by livius sprocket
Congratulations- what a great offer.:smile:
I'm still waiting to hear from UCL

Thankyou! :smile: Have you applied for Modern Languages too? I'm sure you will hear good news from them very soon as you've got better grades than me! :smile: Where else have you applied to?
Original post by CZephyr
!!! I hope you are right!!!!

I am.
Original post by nikita_atikin
That format is very similar to Imperial then. My interview at Imperial went baaaaaaadly :frown: About 95% sure I won't get an offer. Oh well... :smile:

Oh yay me too :biggrin: Have you heard back from them?

Nope :frown:, what about you? Hoping for an interview any day now. Where else are you applying?
Reply 1496
Original post by blahblah16
Just got a French offer this morning. AAB

Congrats!! But you got it this morning? On a Saturday? I always thought that they didn't work on Saturdays.
Original post by mrigs
Congrats!! But you got it this morning? On a Saturday? I always thought that they didn't work on Saturdays.

It was sent yesterday afternoon I just checked this morning.
Original post by jaggedspike
Nope :frown:, what about you? Hoping for an interview any day now. Where else are you applying?

Interview on the 1st of December :smile: And for my other universities, see sig :biggrin:
Original post by CZephyr
I really need to stop checking my email every 10 minutes...
Does anyone have any clues as to when UCL start giving out offers? (especially for biomedical sciences :P)

oh you're applying for biomedical science in UCL as well!! gosh, i still haven't sent in my application 'coz needa finalize my ps...did u say they start giving out offers in mid-november? omg i'm too late!!!
:frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending