The Student Room Group

Possessive guy :/

I made a thread the other day about this clingy guy.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=28664603&highlight=flirting

After I wrote this I started to think about his behavior and things he says and I just noticed that when we are alone he is different to when we are in a group.:frown:

He seems controlling and possessive when he's around me especially lately :frown: But other people think because on the outside he comes across as this lovable friendly person who everyone likes and won't kill a fly, but when we are alone he's very suffocating and demanding.

So people won't believe me if I say anything negative about him because I come across moody, when really I'm just very shy and I think he is taking advantage of my shyness to get what he wants.:s-smilie:

Why I think he's controlling/possessive because he's started saying and doing things which reminded me of my dad and he was very physically and mentally abusive to my mum, and they look like warning signs and we are not even a couple.

I wanted to know what you think when someone says or does things like this.

-Taking pictures of you secretly without your permission
-Gets pissed off and questions why you didn't reply to a message straight away. (I'm not dead I'm going to reply)
-Looking over your shoulder when you are on your phone wanting to know who you're talking to
-Always giving an intense evil look if you mention another guy around him.
-Always wants to follow me everywhere I go.
-Always wanting to interrupt a conversation I have with someone else especially a guy like a cockblocker.:angry:
-Always wanting to know where you are going whether library, cafe, home :mad:
-When you disagree with him he forces his opinion on you, making you feel like you are wrong and he is right and says "replying back like that is what gets you hurt":s-smilie:
-Always asking personal and private questions which has nothing to do with him
-When I told him I didn't like him that way he started hitting my shoulder and kicking my leg.
-Eavesdropping in to your conversations with someone else.
-Always has to be in viewing distance to keep an eye on me in a stalkerish way.
-Always wanting to know what you eat, when you eat, why you are not eating.
-Always sitting behind or next to you practically invading your personal space in an intimidating way. (I can feel he's eyes burning through me.)

He knows I only see him as a friend/brother but he's pissing me off now that I don't even want to talk to him.

It's getting to the point where I don't even want to be at uni any more and I want to drop out.

What do you think I should do? Help!!!!!!:frown::frown::frown:

By the way I'm 19 and he's 21

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
tl;dr.

If you aren't happy, move on.

If you are, give him blowjob.
Reply 2
Don't spend so much time with him alone?
Reply 3
Forgot to add I'm a very introverted person.
So some girls might like clingy guys but I 100% don't
Reply 4
Original post by CapnHooch
Don't spend so much time with him alone?

I don't he always comes up to me :s-smilie:
I didn't read it but seeing as there's so many what I presume are negative points about him then you should just get rid.
Reply 6
Original post by -beads-
tl;dr.

If you aren't happy, move on.

If you are, give him blowjob.

What was the point of even replying then?:angry:

Serious answers please
Reply 7
Don't be alone with him?

And tell someone. I know you've said that people might not take you seriously, but there must be someone you can talk to about him - staff, counsellors or other close friends? If you explain the situation, they could help.
Reply 8
Original post by Anonymous
I don't he always comes up to me :s-smilie:

Well if he's better in a group, then try to hang out with a group of people, rather than him seeing you alone.
Reply 9
Original post by Louise_x
Don't be alone with him?

And tell someone. I know you've said that people might not take you seriously, but there must be someone you can talk to about him - staff, counsellors or other close friends? If you explain the situation, they could help.

He comes up to me and I'm not rude enough to just move away all the time because he's someone that everyone likes and think I'm a bitch.

I have tried a few times but he keeps following like a shadow.

I'll try and talk to a friend about it but telling a counselor wouldn't do anything.
Reply 10
Well if he's better in a group, then try to hang out with a group of people, rather than him seeing you alone.

I'm an introverted person I'm not great in groups but he still knows how to squeeze himself next to me even if there is no room.
Reply 11
-When I told him I didn't like him that way he started hitting my shoulder and kicking my leg.

WTF??? O.o

Fcuk telling your friends, I would call the police. Wtf is this??!!!
I'm an introverted person I'm not great in groups but he still knows how to squeeze himself next to me even if there is no room.

Well you'll really have to tell your friends or someone you can trust to help sort it out. It's not going to stop unless you do something about it you know?
Reply 13
He sounds like a messed up stalker. I certainly wouldn't be alone with him at night and try to avoid him. The fact that he acts all nice while there are people around and then like a psychopath when you two are alone shows that he is manipulative and messed up in the head.
Reply 14
Well you'll really have to tell your friends or someone you can trust to help sort it out. It's not going to stop unless you do something about it you know?

I know I have to, if I tell my parents especially my dad I don't know what he'd do.

It really is those easier said than done things.:s-smilie:
You dont go away from university..

Tell him to f**k off from your life.. i think you can share with your friends.. specially if you have some boy friends.. :cool:
Reply 16
Original post by katyness
WTF??? O.o

Fcuk telling your friends, I would call the police. Wtf is this??!!!

Thanks for the advice but the police won't do anything they would just laugh.
They didn't help my mum for years so a hit on the shoulder and a kick on the leg would seem stupid to even say to them.
Tell him to **** off and tell your friends that he creeps you out.
Reply 18
Original post by Unknown?
He sounds like a messed up stalker. I certainly wouldn't be alone with him at night and try to avoid him. The fact that he acts all nice while there are people around and then like a psychopath when you two are alone shows that he is manipulative and messed up in the head.

That's why I avoid him as much as possible but it's hard when you're in the same course.:frown:
I know I have to, if I tell my parents especially my dad I don't know what he'd do.

It really is those easier said than done things.:s-smilie:

If worst comes to worse, just kick him where it hurts.
That'll get the message across fine. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending