The Student Room Group

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 & 2

Scroll to see replies

Reply 860
Original post by Firaila
Does anyone else think Daniel Radcliffe is a terrible actor?
It's actually annoying :s

I thought the film was really good though, much better than the last one.

I think Dan is great!:smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by satisfactionatlast
haha I'm with you on that! :tongue:

BTW, your sig with Voldermort and the birthday caps...I saw it earlier this morning...so my friend wanted to see Harry Potter cuz he hasn't seen it...so I went with him and when that scene came when Voldermort was like "I was beginning to think you lost your way Severus...come we've saved you a seat"...I imagined your sig and burst out laughing in the cinema, much to the annoyance of my friend! :tongue:

I nearly laughed as well because of the signature :biggrin: Bits of it were so funny, specially the George bit.. "morning" :rofl: I wished they'd mentioned how they tracked them by saying the word "Voldemort" though. Generally I thought it had a lot more character than the last one, and was very good. I think the three mains interacted really well, made it more intense and moving. The ministry replacements were good, Mefalda (?) and Yaxley look familar but I couldn't place them. And it was sad at the end :frown:

Oh and the snatcher and Ron are fit in this one :coma:
Original post by Botticello
I nearly laughed as well because of the signature :biggrin: Bits of it were so funny, specially the George bit.. "morning" :rofl: I wished they'd mentioned how they tracked them by saying the word "Voldemort" though. Generally I thought it had a lot more character than the last one, and was very good. I think the three mains interacted really well, made it more intense and moving. The ministry replacements were good, Mefalda (?) and Yaxley look familar but I couldn't place them. And it was sad at the end :frown:

lol...the last time I read the Deathly Hallows, it was in the summer the first week it came out! lol...so in the movie I was wondering why on EARTH Harry was saying YOU KNOW WHO instead of Voldermort....but then I remembered that he CAN'T say his name or else they would be exposed...you're right though...they should have made it clearer...

about your comment of Ron being fit...lol don't u think Harry should be the one who's more buff since he's like The Chosen One? But I think it was intended like that anyway, especially since in the books J.K. Rowlings described Harry as being "skinny"....this just comes to show you that Heroes come in all shapes and sizes...lol I sound like an advertisement company :tongue:
Reply 863
Original post by Kinkerz
Nope, you're the first person shrewd enough to notice it...

My observational skills are, some might say, magical :moon:
I've seen it twice now. I thought it was pretty good - dragged a little in the middle which was a bit lame but it was pretty exciting throughout.

Daniel Radcliffe though :facepalm2: He really really can't act. And my brother can do a classic impression of him so it's really distracting when he'son screen.

Looking forward to Part 2 now! And Alan Rickman FTW

Malfalda is Stella from Eastenders :smile:
dobby :frown:
Original post by bigmo7
I'll go as far as saying she's cute...I think she's quite hot though :colondollar:

That scene with the Horcrux and Emma Watson :dice:

:sexface:

Spoiler

Part 1 = GREAT and I never liked the other HP's that much as I liked this one when I watched it yday.....still left me buzzing.

Part 2 is gonna be excellent as well, I hope :biggrin: apparently my friend says that, Harry taking the wand from Draco is very significant, he kinda spoiled it lol...
Reply 869
Original post by marshyfluff
hey troll.

ahh, no macca, the troll was the first Potter movie. i am talking about wizzards.

you really dont know your 'arry potter, do you?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 870
Original post by outlaw-torn
I loved it, seen it twice :smile:
It's so annoying when you've read the book tons of times and little details are missed out of the film... I'm aware that they can't fit everything in but it still bugs me :p:

Can't wait for next year now!!

EDIT:
I wish they would have included Potterwatch, that was so good in the book and they put so much emphasis on Ron fiddling with the radio that I thought it might have been included.. obviously not :frown:

I also really wish they'd have included Potterwatch! I guess it would have taken too much explanation for people who haven't read the book, what with the nicknames etc :/
:rofl:

Watched it today, not bad. I generally prefer the ones out of the school. :yep: Lol at I reckon it's ten incher, nothing special. :ahee: Poor Dobby though. :frown: That crazy evil bitch got him. :angry: Overall a good watch and I look forward to part 2 in July.
Original post by Crazy Paving
Watched it today, not bad. I generally prefer the ones out of the school. :yep: Lol at I reckon it's ten incher, nothing special. :ahee: Poor Dobby though. :frown: That crazy evil bitch got him. :angry: Overall a good watch and I look forward to part 2 in July.

The screen I was in never recovered from that part..
I've watched it twice now, and I did like it. The effects were amazing (especially the Deathly Hallows story!), but I thought they took the "let's show they've matured" thing a bit too far.
watched it three times now and hopefully gonna for the fourth time..I'm so obsessed right? :biggrin:

But seriously every time you watch it, you find "new" things and it all makes better sense
watched it three times now and hopefully gonna for the fourth time..I'm so obsessed right? :biggrin:

But seriously every time you watch it, you find "new" things and it all makes better sense

New thing I noticed the second time.

Spoiler

Watched it today for the first time :smile:
it was better than I expected! can't wait until Part 2! :biggrin:
Original post by pinkpenguin
New thing I noticed the second time.

Spoiler

haha yeah...I noticed him the second time too..his name is Rancorn I think..

Also, the THIRD time I noticed Kreacher poking at Mundungus with a fork? a stick or something? that was HILARIOUS!!!!!!! Can't believe I didn't notice that the first 2 times! :tongue:
Reply 879
haha yeah...I noticed him the second time too..his name is Rancorn I think..

Also, the THIRD time I noticed Kreacher poking at Mundungus with a fork? a stick or something? that was HILARIOUS!!!!!!! Can't believe I didn't notice that the first 2 times! :tongue:

Albert Runcorn

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending