The Student Room Group

Glasgow Medicine Applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 220
Original post by teafil
Congrats! What was your UKCAT score?

Thank you :smile: 747.5 average. 2990 total!
Reply 221
got a letter this morning, interview 14th january! i'm on a gap year as a 2nd applicant so this is goooood news :smile:
Reply 222
Congratulations to all of you guys!

Could anyone answer one question though? Does Glasgow send interviews ONLY by post? And if so... what happens if the letter gets lost? Don't they send emails as well?
Reply 223
Original post by teafil
Congratulations to all of you guys!

Could anyone answer one question though? Does Glasgow send interviews ONLY by post? And if so... what happens if the letter gets lost? Don't they send emails as well?

i only got a letter, no e-mail, so i'm guessing so.. :/
Reply 224
Original post by cuhlowey
i only got a letter, no e-mail, so i'm guessing so.. :/

a bit frustrating... might get lost anytime... Anyways what was your UKCAT score?:colone:
Reply 225
Original post by teafil
a bit frustrating... might get lost anytime... Anyways what was your UKCAT score?:colone:

total of 2630:
i got 750 in decision analysis and 740 in quantitative analysis, but slid on the other two,oops!
what's yours?
Reply 226
total of 2630:
i got 750 in decision analysis and 740 in quantitative analysis, but slid on the other two,oops!
what's yours?

mine was 2720... no news yet. I live outside UK though... so I'm still hoping.
Reply 227
Original post by teafil
mine was 2720... no news yet. I live outside UK though... so I'm still hoping.

good luck! it's still really early yet though so you don't need to worry. last year i didnt hear from bristol until APRIL, and it was a rejection anyways. oh well! :rolleyes:
Original post by teafil
Congrats:smile: what was your UKCAT score?:rolleyes:

I think they are selecting for interviews in UKCAT order; i.e taking the top 800 UKCAT scores and interviewing the highest scores first etc...

Good luck!
Anyone know what the Interview: offers ratio is? :colondollar:
Reply 230
Original post by Shellfish002
Anyone know what the Interview: offers ratio is? :colondollar:

there are 2200-2500 applicants and only 800 interview offers. The applicant figure might change from year to year but the offers are 800 for sure.

There are 220 offers for home applicant and about 16 for internationals i think :biggrin:
Original post by Shellfish002
I think they are selecting for interviews in UKCAT order; i.e taking the top 800 UKCAT scores and interviewing the highest scores first etc...

Good luck!

ah crap...I have a UKCAT of 725 av...and nothing so far....

I live in london...where do you live?

it took a week for a letter from soton to get to me...so I'm hoping its on its way....
got a letter this morning, interview 14th january! i'm on a gap year as a 2nd applicant so this is goooood news :smile:

Haha exactly same 12:00
Reply 233
total of 2630:
what's yours?

Congrats on the interview ! Im a gap year student as well and got 2660 so is it safe to assume il get a letter soon ? Also can we say the cut off is around 2600 ? since it must be lower than 2630 !

Again well done and i hope everything works out well !
anyone know how many places are available to non-Scottish applicants?
Reply 235
Original post by That Bearded Man
anyone know how many places are available to non-Scottish applicants?

They dont have a set number of places i think but i could be wrong ... i asked the dean of admissions and they say we take more english and northern irish students than scottish
Original post by G550NDH
They dont have a set number of places i think but i could be wrong ... i asked the dean of admissions and they say we take more english and northern irish students than scottish

Scottish Universities give priority to Scottish students do they not?
Reply 237
Original post by That Bearded Man
Scottish Universities give priority to Scottish students do they not?

No i dont think so .. look at cuhlowy .. shes from Northern Ireland and has an interview already .. if they preferred scottish students they would of given them interview offers first and also the way they choose applicants by giving interviews to the top 800 ... that list will contain a random amount of scottish and NI and English students .. but then again Unis can do what they want .. Didn't Edinburgh get investigated for discriminating english students and was fined or punished ?
Original post by G550NDH
No i dont think so .. look at cuhlowy .. shes from Northern Ireland and has an interview already .. if they preferred scottish students they would of given them interview offers first and also the way they choose applicants by giving interviews to the top 800 ... that list will contain a random amount of scottish and NI and English students .. but then again Unis can do what they want .. Didn't Edinburgh get investigated for discriminating english students and was fined or punished ?

That would be tidy if they did - I have an inteview as well but I mean for actual cut off point, as I say good news if it is fair and equal. Slightly unfair towards the Scottish economy though - lower number of Scottish students with the degree and yet their entrance fees are still substantially subsided (tongue twister)
Reply 239
INTERVIEW on the 13th of december :O

I have an A*ABb and UKCAT of 2710 avg 677.5

EXCITED :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending