The Student Room Group

Do people discriminate against others who have less photos/wall activity on Facebook?

facebook has, lets face it, taken over most peoples lives and it annoys me because i'm not the type of person to care about the site. but i know people who think of me as inferior if they see my facebook has less photos/less wall activity/less friends than theirs. its so silly and shallow. does anyone else get this?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by robotwars
facebook has, lets face it, taken over most peoples lives and it annoys me because i'm not the type of person to care about the site. but i know people who think of me as inferior if they see my facebook has less photos/less wall activity/less friends than theirs. its so silly and shallow. does anyone else get this?

I avoid this problem by not using facebook at all.
Reply 2
No.

If they do, then they're not worth knowing.
Nope never had that problem.
Nah, wouldnt it make it look like you have a life?
Reply 5
I have 1 picture of a dog and post once a month. I hardly use it, don't really like personal discussions being seen by others.
Reply 6
I don't believe anyone could be that shallow... Maybe then if we were 13 yrs old. I don't have that much wall activity, I just comment other people's statuses and I try to have max 2 photos on my profile. I delete a lot of people who I don't talk to. People don't complain about it. Well some have but because I have had same picture for months in profile and I have cut and dyed my hair since the photo had been taken :biggrin:
Reply 7
I've asked this myself several times.

While I doubt anyone will not talk to you merely because you do not have a large number of photos/wall posts on your profile, it is unlikely that someone who is a very social person, will have hardly any activity on their profile.
Nearly every teenager I know has Facebook. I don't have it though because I'd feel like my privacy was being invaded. I really don't trust the media and government. I'm smart like that. (:
If I have more activity going on on my wall that someone else, I automatically feel a little bit better than them. But nobody discriminates against people who have Facebook but don't use it much...
I don't dislike anyone because of it, but sometimes I see people with no wall posts, but lots of their own statuses, and no tagged photos, and just think aww because I feel sorry for them not having anyone to talk to.

Don't think any less of them though.
Original post by Potally_Tissed
I avoid this problem by not using facebook at all.

avoid or hide away from

dun dun duh - your mind is blown. :eek::eek:
I'm more likely to take the mick out of someone who is always on facey b than someone who hardly ever is.
It depends on the content, if your statuses consist of tired/bored/doing homework/listening to XXX/comments about peasanty TV then that's a lot lot worse.
Reply 14
I don't think like that at all, I think mostly the opposite. The people I know who have interesting things to do, have very little photos and status updates, and 1 profile pic they've had forever.
Besides, some people write on walls and comments on stuff all the time, other don't. Ironically, those who write on my wall are people I rarely see or talk to, they're just those Facebook-people who love to do that. Those I see the most don't have Facebook. So it's in no way a resprestentation of real life.
I've never really thought about it. Most of the things on my profile are on the 'Only Me' privacy option, so I must seem like the biggest loser ever to some :biggrin:
I think the opposite really.
It's like saying the people with less posts on TSR have more of a life than those who have loads of posts and have no life. :confused:
A lot of people must spend literally HOURS uploading/editing photos.
Reply 18
I consider people who constantly post statuses about pointless things nobody care about attention seekers.
Reply 19
Oh.Em.Gee.

Wtf is wrong with people who need to make threads like this?

:|

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending