The Student Room Group

UCAS Welcome Letter..

I applied last wednesday, so a week and 3 days ago, and they said they'd send me a Welcome letter which i'll need to use track. I still haven't recieved this though, but I can log in to track?
What's in the Welcome letter and is it worth asking them to resend me it?

Scroll to see replies

It basically just tells you your personal ID and how to log in :/ it's not really that useful. Mine took a while to come through as well, if you give it a couple of days it should come through otherwise contact UCAS as they might have your address wrong.
It's not that important. It just states your personal ID, how to log in, your choices, etc. Maybe just ask for it anyway.
Reply 3
Hmm I guess they may have the address wrong, but my friend received his letter the next day, and we applied at the exact same time :s-smilie:
Often the letter gets sent to the same number as my house but in the block of flats in the neighbourhood.. so I don't know whether it's been sent here or there lol
Reply 4
Oh okay thanks, nothing else? Or is it all covered on the track/apply section of UCAS anyway?
It takes a while to come through, I think mine took about a week. Don't worry about it though if you can already log into track, it's really not important.
Mine took about a week and a half. Don't worry.
Reply 7
There is a booklet that is sent alongside the welcome letter which does explain everything, although I think it's repeated on the UCAS website, just not packed into a booklet :smile: If you wanted it though to keep it somewhere to refer to, instead of always having to log into UCAS, you could call up and request UCAS for them to resend it.
I was able to log on to 'Track' before the welcome letter came through. Try your personal ID from your original application.
Reply 9
Original post by Bektas
I was able to log on to 'Track' before the welcome letter came through. Try your personal ID from your original application.

Yeap I can already log on to track, its just the letter I was wondering about.

Thanks guys!
Well I have 5 offers and still havent received mine so I doubt its anything to worry about. And my address isn't wrong cos unis have sent me letters. Ah well.
Reply 11
how do you log onto track? do you just use the personal id and the username and password used for the apply section?
Original post by sc0307
how do you log onto track? do you just use the personal id and the username and password used for the apply section?

Yes, but it can be a different ID if you're reapplying or something.

I was able to log in as soon as my application was processed, but some of my friends have had to wait longer.
Reply 13
Original post by neutralmilkhotel

Yes, but it can be a different ID if you're reapplying or something.

I was able to log in as soon as my application was processed, but some of my friends have had to wait longer.

im not reapplying but i applied only on wednesday, is it too early to log onto track?
Original post by sc0307
im not reapplying but i applied only on wednesday, is it too early to log onto track?

Log into Apply, and check to see if your application has been processed. It if it has been processed, you should be able to log into Track. It doesn't hurt to try though, just don't try too many times because you can get blocked out for 24 hours.
Reply 15
I've checked and its been processed and I've tried to log onto track but no luck. Maybe the ID changed for track?
Original post by sc0307
I've checked and its been processed and I've tried to log onto track but no luck. Maybe the ID changed for track?

Just wait for the welcome letter to come, wait a few more days, and if it doesn't work just phone UCAS and get it reset.
Reply 17

Just wait for the welcome letter to come, wait a few more days, and if it doesn't work just phone UCAS and get it reset.

ok thanks
Reply 18
Mine took about a week and a half. You can usually log in earier though, using your UCAS ID number, username and password.
I have had the same problem sent it off last Wednesday, still not recieved the welcome letter.

If it has not turned up by Wednesday then im going to ring up and see if the address they have is correct. Although I have had an offer and they have sent me the formal letter offering me the place through the post, so they must have the right address.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending