The Student Room Group

Avoiding me or is it in my mind?

So basically me and this girl were suppose to be meeting tonight... We planned it yesterday morning, and she was up for it last night when I was working and she was out.

So I sent her a text this morning saying that if she is still up for it ill come pick her up after work, and she started texting back saying ok but she doesn't know if she will make it cause she was ill. It was obv just her been hungover.

Now I finished work at 5.20 or something stupid and text her saying I'm home and my brother is out so if shes up for it we can rent a film and she can come over. (we are both skint so can't make it to the cinema)

No she hasn't even bothered texting back, she was on facebook but when I went to talk to her on chat she went offline. It seems like she is just avoiding me.

She mentioned that I could come see her tomorrow but I didn't really want to because I'm off back to uni monday morning really early plus everybody was home and I haven't got my tv down just my laptop. So wouldnt be able to watch a movie or anything.

If she avoiding me or am I just over thinking cause I'm very very bored? She sometimes takes a while to text back, but I've sent 2 different messages 3 hours ago. One asking if shes up for it and another saying my house is free and I'm gonna jump in the shower then if she wants ill come pick her up.
Reply 1
Ring her?
Reply 2
Maybe she is a bit hesitant. :dontknow:

" One asking if shes up for it and another saying my house is free and I'm gonna jump in the shower then if she wants ill come pick her up"

Not sure if it's a right signal? :holmes:
Reply 3
I don't really want to seem needy, we have only met once.
Reply 4
Original post by lonely14

" One asking if shes up for it and another saying my house is free and I'm gonna jump in the shower then if she wants ill come pick her up"

We have spoken and both don't want to do anything on the first date... but now I see why she might be avoiding me :/
Reply 5
It's definitely not just in your mind. Maybe she's having second thoughts, but if so she's going about it in a rather mean way..
Reply 6
I've just text her saying basically that I just re read the text and it sounded like I wanted more than just to see her and that I didn't mean it. I also added that if she hasn't sacked me off she can still come over or we can meet after work etc tomorrow. Just see now...
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous
I've just text her saying basically that I just re read the text and it sounded like I wanted more than just to see her and that I didn't mean it. I also added that if she hasn't sacked me off she can still come over or we can meet after work etc tomorrow. Just see now...

Good call mate.

Hope it works out for you. :thumbsup:
Reply 8
She had a heavy night and she's gone to sleep, I expect. Facebook Chat is deceptive: if it hasn't auto-updated in a while, it'll display someone as online, then when you click on their name it will say "so-and-so is offline" because clicking forces an auto-update. Incidentally, on Facebook, when you click someone's name, they don't see the chat box come up on their screen till you type something.
Reply 9
But gone asleep before 5pm? She spoke to be before work at like 12ish, don't really see her been up for 5 hours tops?
Reply 10
Lovely just looked at her fb wall cause it was saying she's writing on this persons wall. And she has sacked me off to get drunk. So she is avoiding me.
Reply 11
you've ****ed it, cut loose and start with another girl
Reply 12
Original post by lonely14

It's pretty much this, OP.

Lovely just looked at her fb wall cause it was saying she's writing on this persons wall. And she has sacked me off to get drunk. So she is avoiding me.

You have mentioned that you've only met once. If a guy offered to take me to his house and I'd only met him once I would not only say no, but I would also run for my life, if you get what I mean.
You have to choose your words carefully. I think you can still fix this though.

Good luck :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by katyness
It's pretty much this, OP.

You have mentioned that you've only met once. If a guy offered to take me to his house and I'd only met him once I would not only say no, but I would also run for my life, if you get what I mean.
You have to choose your words carefully. I think you can still fix this though.

Good luck :smile:

She was the one who wanted to rent a film, cause we are both skint and can't afford cinema. She said that we can't do it at hers cause there is always people there, and I said I could do it today but my brother might be there if I can't get rid of him. And we will have to look after my dog. She was up for it.

I think it's just the fact she wanted to get hammered again tonight, I cba with her anyway I was planning to hit the local after work to watch NZ vs. Wales, but didn't and stayed at home getting ready for her. Cba no more lol
Reply 14
She was the one who wanted to rent a film, cause we are both skint and can't afford cinema. She said that we can't do it at hers cause there is always people there, and I said I could do it today but my brother might be there if I can't get rid of him. And we will have to look after my dog. She was up for it.

I think it's just the fact she wanted to get hammered again tonight, I cba with her anyway I was planning to hit the local after work to watch NZ vs. Wales, but didn't and stayed at home getting ready for her. Cba no more lol

:smile: well then, onto the next one we say!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending