The Student Room Group

What is the most important issue facing the world today?

Climate change, the global economy, world poverty or something else? :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
The global economy as that effects the relations between countries and i think that will be the start off WW3.
Reply 2
The increasing population. Sad but true.
(edited 13 years ago)
For me it's the moral degeneration of young people, since they (we) are the future.
Reply 4
Original post by No Man

Not yet. Maybe in 1000 years time it will be real issue. When resources start to run out and poverty percentages are much higher.
Reply 5
Original post by TWF
Not yet. Maybe in 1000 years time it will be real issue. When resources start to run out and poverty percentages are much higher.

It still needs to be managed somehow.
Original post by TWF

You've got to be kidding.
Reply 7
Original post by Michael Locke
You've got to be kidding.

I am not kidding, maybe earlier than that, but we're nowhere near the carrying capacity.

The earth has more than enough resources to feed everybody on it. But the West consumes most of the earth due to its high living standard. If all resources were shared out equally, there would be no poverty or anything.
Reply 8
Religion.
Reply 9
The result of x-factor...

I don't know really. One of the following: climate change, fossil fuels running out, overpopulation, conflicts, international healthcare or poverty.
Reply 10
Government control by increasingly powerful pharmaceutical companies.
Call me paranoid - perhaps I am :s
Reply 11
The ongoing crimes of capitalism, of course.
Reply 12
the remote possibility that sarah palin might actually be in charge of something important.
Reply 13
whether andy murray will ever win something big.
As No man said, global population.
Reply 15
Original post by No Man

The population is already decreasing in Europe and without immigration would in the US within a few years when the baby boomers start to die in large numbers. If present trends continue the population in the world is expected to peak in 2050 and them start to decline. Only in Africa and a few scattered countries are the fertility rates for woman not falling dramatically, China's fertility is already below replacement level and India's is falling rapidly and expected to be at replacement level within a decade.
Reply 16
Original post by TWF

:lolwut:

Worldwide, there is a 50 percent chance that the population will be falling by 2050, according to a recent study published in Nature. By 2150, according to one U.N. projection, the global population could be half what it is today.
(edited 13 years ago)
There are four issues which need equal attention.

Zionism, Islamisation, Globalisation, and Pollution.
Aprroaching asteroid fields
Reply 19
My Xbox Live runs out. Fml.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending