The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Official UCL Applicant Thread for Entry in 2011!

Scroll to see replies

Hello,does anyone have an interview on the 1st of Dicember for electronic engineer?:smile:
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by TheBono91
Hello,does anyone have an interview on the 1st of Dicember for electronic engineer?:smile:

My friend does :smile:
Awwwh good luck you guys! Don't stress over it :smile: just prepare yourself for any interviews. The waiting time for replies should not be spent stressing over them, instead do something productive that will get you the best possible marks at the end of A-levels :smile:
Original post by biomed_uni
oh you're applying for biomedical science in UCL as well!! gosh, i still haven't sent in my application 'coz needa finalize my ps...did u say they start giving out offers in mid-november? omg i'm too late!!!
:frown:

UCL have already started giving out offers for Biomed. You're not too late though. They give out offers throughout. Same with all their subjects really.
Original post by robynxxx
Thanksyou!! :smile: I applied sort of at the beginning of October I think.. In time for the Cambridge deadline anyway so kind of early.. Yourself?

Ah I see- yeah snap but with Oxford.. mind you, I left it a bit late (14th Oct) considering the deadline lol. Good luck with your other stuffs :smile:
Reply 1505
anyone here a reapplicant? I had an offer for natsci last year after being interviewed late nov and being given offer mid december, but didnt make grades. Anyone else in a similar situation?
Reply 1506
Username: miss-x
Course: History of Art with Material Studies
Planned Entry: 2011

I'm an independent applicant and my tutor hasn't finished my reference yet so I'm getting annoyed!! As long as the UCAS application is off before 15th Jan it should be okay? :frown:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1507
Original post by jadeitew
Unconditional for Chemical Engineering and Chemical with Biochemical Engineering.

Had 8A* and 2As at GCSE, 5As at A level (our system doesn't have the A* grade for A-levels since I'm an international applicant)

Pretty happy to have received this offer, although I would prefer Cambridge and Imperial, since UCL isn't exactly the best for ChemEng.

Congrats!! :biggrin:
You heard anything back from cambridge or imperial yet?
Original post by whatsmyage
anyone applied for politics and east european studies? honestly with my grades (See below - i have to do a couple of resits for history and maths) do you think that i stand a chance? i didnt make much reference to the east European studies part in my personal statement and im really scared about that... :s

Why did you withdraw your application for PEES mate?
Does anyone know the chances of getting in, after being pooled?
Original post by haydyb123
Does anyone know the chances of getting in, after being pooled?

Pooled...?
Basically, they say after interview they may not be able to come to a decision straight away; and it's only fair to allow those who haven't applied yet a fair chance.
Reply 1512
Original post by lemonyspongecakeII
Ah I see- yeah snap but with Oxford.. mind you, I left it a bit late (14th Oct) considering the deadline lol. Good luck with your other stuffs :smile:

Haha, awh well i'm sure you'll hear soon! :smile: Where else have you applied to?
Thankyou for the luck! You too :smile:
I am dedicating the next half-hour or so to catching up with the list of applicants. I've got three to keep up with so it's sort of hard and I'm sorry it's taken me so long! (Busy time of the year with school.)
Reply 1514
Original post by mishieru07
I just got a Conditional AAA offer for Law! :biggrin: Over the moon! International here.

Thats amazing! Congratsss! (: (: I haven't actually seen any other UCL Law offers. When did you apply?
Reply 1515
Username: TurnerE
Course: Ancient World Studies
Planned Entry: Fall 2011
Reply 1516
Also, has anybody actually gotten a firm offer from them yet? When are we supposed to start finding out?
Updated. :smile:
Reply 1518
Original post by jadeitew
Unconditional for Chemical Engineering and Chemical with Biochemical Engineering.

Had 8A* and 2As at GCSE, 5As at A level (our system doesn't have the A* grade for A-levels since I'm an international applicant)

Pretty happy to have received this offer, although I would prefer Cambridge and Imperial, since UCL isn't exactly the best for ChemEng.

nice stuff! have you been on a gap year? I am also an international student applying for chem eng to cambridge,imperial and UCL. I had my interview with cambridge already and didn't think it went too well. Which college you applying to in Cambridge? Imperial said they will only make a decision after Jan 15th
Reply 1519
Original post by biomed_uni
oh you're applying for biomedical science in UCL as well!! gosh, i still haven't sent in my application 'coz needa finalize my ps...did u say they start giving out offers in mid-november? omg i'm too late!!!
:frown:

HAHA LOL 6 hours after my post, I got an offer!! I STILL CAN'T BELIEVE IT <jumps up and down> They emailed me on the 26th of November, but someone else on TSR was offered a place around mid November! I don't think you are too late! I was under the impression that applications end sometime in January?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending