The Student Room Group

Best friend fancies my enemy....

My best girl mate fancies a boy that I absolutely hate with every bone in my body. I have told her about this and tried to put her off but it has made me seem jealous. What can I do to sabotage it all? I know people will say, "if you were as close as you think then you would let her be happy." It would be so awkward at school; it would ruin our friendship if they were together because I wouldn't be able to see her as much because he would be there.

Advice? :frown:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Did he take your virginity then upload a video on the internet? :colonhash:
Chicks before dicks...
Get her to fall in love with you
Kill your enemy
challenge him to a duel
put drugs in his bag
Beg
Without sounding mean, it's none of your bloody business. She's can fancy whoever she wants, imagine how angry you'd be if she sabotaged a relationship you had with someone... just because she happened to not like them?

If it becomes awkward, work on it. Nothing can excuse screwing up your best friend's relationships.
Reply 5
I love the fact that you have an enemy - I thought only fictional characters were eligible for a nemesis.

Absolutely nuts, if you completely ruin someones relationship they aren't going to thank you for it. Absolutely incredible response.
Reply 6
Why she even fancy him? Outa all the guys in the world she goes and piks the guy u hate?:s-smilie: thats sad If I was her I woulda just kept it to maself
Original post by fh2010
I love the fact that you have an enemy - I thought only fictional characters were eligible for a nemesis.

I have two arch enemies =D Used to have 3...
Reply 8
Original post by greeneyedgirl
I have two arch enemies =D Used to have 3...

To be fair I did have one, until I turned 18 and stopped caring. Perhaps I was hasty
Reply 9
It's her life and yes, if you were a good friend you would let her like whoever she likes.

My best friend got on with a boy and, even though I dont hate him, all she talks about is him so that as pushed me away because she is now boring. I know it's a different situation but if it becomes awkward find some new friends.
Reply 10
Ooh, why is he your enemy? :teeth:
Let them get on with it, just watch what happens. :colone:
Original post by fh2010
To be fair I did have one, until I turned 18 and stopped caring. Perhaps I was hasty

I hold good grudges...

Arch enemy number one: accused me of trying to get with her bf when actually I was the one who pushed him off when he tried to kiss me, slagged me off at my own party (which I invited her to in order to try and make her like me), kissed my bf and went on dates with him (partly my bfs fault too, but still hate her for it), lied to her bf about her and my bf, forced her bf to stop talking to me (he is one of my best friends), when her bf dumped her spread horrid rumours that I had got with him to make him dump her (I've never ever kissed him)

Arch enemy number two: just really don't get on with this guy, he is sleazy, creepy and a ****, doesn't take no for an answer, is constantly mean to me, mocks me whenever he can, pervs on me, thinks he is most amazing person ever etc. etc.

:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:
they make me so mad!
The fact that you refer to someone as your "enemy" indicates that you are about 13, meaning that none of this will matter at all in 6 months time. So do nothing.
Reply 14
I hold good grudges...

Mine liked my GF for quite a while and they ended up going out, I wasn't happy about it seeing as it started before we officially ended. BUT, I'm marrying the girl I met next, so he did me a huge favour really.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 15
I hold good grudges...

:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:
they make me so mad!

Figured out why my last post didn't quite work...
You have an "enemy" at school? I thought that was only for 8 year olds or kids who go to Hogwarts? Kind of cool that he's about to do your best friend though. It's like Draco just screwed Hermione, so much win for the dark side.
Original post by fh2010
Figured out why my last post didn't quite work...

Ha ha, well glad you're happy with your fiancée :smile:

I know everything happens for a reason and it'll work out for the best...but I shall still hold my grudge :P
Reply 18
I'd shut up about it. The fact that you keep saying "no, you can't go out with him, I hate him etc." is more than likely making him seem even more appealing to her. Y'know, the "forbidden fruit" and all that crap. If you don't bother with it, she'll get over him eventually.
Original post by fh2010

Absolutely nuts, if you completely ruin someones relationship they aren't going to thank you for it. Absolutely incredible response.

:^_^:

Quick Reply