The Student Room Group

My credit card...

I tried to order something, but during the process the internet cut out, so I tried again but got this message :

"Authentication Failed.
Your financial institution has indicated that it could not successfully authenticate this transaction. To protect against unauthorized use, this card cannot be used to complete your purchase. You may complete the purchase by selecting another form of payment."

There's defoe enough money on the card, I just checked...any ideas?
Original post by TheCurlyHairedDude

I tried to order something, but during the process the internet cut out, so I tried again but got this message :

"Authentication Failed.
Your financial institution has indicated that it could not successfully authenticate this transaction. To protect against unauthorized use, this card cannot be used to complete your purchase. You may complete the purchase by selecting another form of payment."

There's defoe enough money on the card, I just checked...any ideas?

Call your credit card company (they usually have telephone lines open 24/7) and ask why the transaction failed. Possibly some kind of anti-fraud check has been triggered for some reason.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Illusionary
Call your credit card company (they usually have telephone lines open 24/7) and ask why the transaction failed.

Visa Debit or Santander?
I'm guessing due to the internet cutting out during the authentication process, it couldn't process the transaction so unless you have another method of payment... You might as well try cancelling your order and restarting it as a brand new transaction.

Visa Debit or Santander?

Santander. Take a look on the back of your card - there's often a telephone number there.
Reply 5
Visa Debit or Santander?

Santander.
Reply 6
restart/change the browser and it will work this time
Original post by thru sun and rain
I'm guessing due to the internet cutting out during the authentication process, it couldn't process the transaction so unless you have another method of payment... You might as well try cancelling your order and restarting it as a brand new transaction.

It did cancel I think, there was no email telling me thank you for your order or anything, I basically started again, except I have this problem hmm
Original post by kas12

I'll try this.
Original post by kas12

Meh no luck :frown:

Seriously, just call them up. In my experience there's usually little/no waiting on hold, and if you try too many transactions like this your card may end up completely blocked until you contact them.
Original post by Illusionary
Seriously, just call them up. In my experience there's usually little/no waiting on hold, and if you try too many transactions like this your card may end up completely blocked until you contact them.

Week day 8am - 8pm

Weekend 10am - 4am

I can't until then unless I wanna chat to a robot
Reply 12

hmm... do you get this error after you get thru to 3d secure?

Week day 8am - 8pm

Weekend 10am - 4am

I can't until then unless I wanna chat to a robot

See if you have any luck with 0845 602 1582
Can you not pay via pay pal?
Original post by thru sun and rain
Can you not pay via pay pal?

Don't think so, it only says visa on the card
Reply 16
Have you tried it again?
Original post by Bartlet

Original post by Bartlet
Have you tried it again?

The OP said that he had done a little earlier. It's not really a good idea to try to do this too many times without first speaking to the bank as that could trigger a (possibly further?) warning of suspicious transaction attempts. :nah:
Reply 18
You shall first try to delete your cookies and retry it
If still fail, then only call up credit card center

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending