The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

[Questions] Bath Uni - Open day

Hello, my friend and I applied to MMath (G103) at Bath Uni.
And we got an invitation letter from them asking for visit.
On the letter it says we don't need to go if we have been there before.
Just want to know if this open day is kind of "compulsory" for an offer? Coz my friend has not been there and he doesn't really want to go since it's 5 hours journey.

And should he be honest about the journey thing to the uni?

Many Thanks:smile:
Reply 1
Original post by WKH
Hello, my friend and I applied to MMath (G103) at Bath Uni.
And we got an invitation letter from them asking for visit.
On the letter it says we don't need to go if we have been there before.
Just want to know if this open day is kind of "compulsory" for an offer? Coz my friend has not been there and he doesn't really want to go since it's 5 hours journey.

And should he be honest about the journey thing to the uni?

Many Thanks:smile:

If you or your friend don't want to go, It's fine. However, having said that, I cannot stress how important it actually is to visit Bath and be sure you want to live here for the duration of your course.
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Reply 2
WKH
OP
Original post by Milk <3
dont lie and say youve been there before for gods sake, they would have ticked your name off on a previous register. is this the UCAS invitation day with interview? its not compulsory, nor formal, but they seemed very insistent on attending the one to one interview to just ask you a bit about your personal statement to prove youve been honest and enjoy your subject.
they wont reject you i dont think but they might be pissed off with you as they seemed to really insisit on it, i dont know

I'm not sure it's the UCAS one, Bath sent me a list of dates that i can choose.
Will I have an one to one interview? It didn't mention in the letter...
Then what should I say to them to make them less pissed? I really don't know what to do.

Thanks again:smile:

Original post by Tivale
If you or your friend don't want to go, It's fine. However, having said that, I cannot stress how important it actually is to visit Bath and be sure you want to live here for the duration of your course.

To be honest I went to Bath for a week or less before but not the university. The reason we don't want to go is that the journey really takes too long and the dates that they offer are weekdays...
I am an international student, so studying in different area works pretty much the same to me...
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Tivale

I think thats true for any university really.

Quick Reply

Latest