The Student Room Group

4chan trolling recent death of Jenni-Lyn Watson

Just stumbled across this when browsing /b/.

Back story: http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20023925-504083.html

Facebook memorial page (possibly set up by troll anyway): http://www.facebook.com/pages/RIP-Jenni-Lyn-Watson/172738536077759

And of course you can go on the 4chan thread if you really want to.

Thoughts, TSR?
Reply 1
4chan are b@stards. Everyone knows that, I'm not sure they need more news stories to tell them.
They should ask themselves this before they do this sort of stuff: what if it was my relative or friend?
That is truly horrible of them.

Some of the stuff 4chan has done is good (e.g. helping track down the girl who threw the puppies into the river etc.) but some stuff is sick. That's a real life person who sadly got murdered. She doesn't deserve to be made into their sick sense of humour.
more than bastards... they're truly sick, twisted, maybe psychotic individuals that have formed this weird crowd mentality.

I don't know what is about /b/ but it seriously ****s peoples' minds up, perverts, desensitizes and messes people up, turning them into wanna be not give a care people that think they're untouchable and super funny in their little weirdo internet niche that barely anyone in real life has heard of.

They've obviously gotten out of hand, not just with this but with other things people from 4 chan have done, joking completely aside, the internet has made these sickos' and it's disgusting they can jut exist like that and seemingly have no remorse and or feelings
Reply 5
You do realize that in posting this you're giving them the exact attention they ultimately want from this?
Don't know why I even clicked on this thread, I knew it would make me angry! :angry:
Original post by Resonanse
You do realize that in posting this you're giving them the exact attention they ultimately want from this?

Yup.
Reply 8
Original post by sandeep90
Yup.

Fair enough; if you really think this sort of thing is acceptable I'm not going to waste time arguing with you about it.
Original post by Resonanse
Fair enough; if you really think this sort of thing is acceptable I'm not going to waste time arguing with you about it.

I never said I thought it was acceptable.
Not cool, but they troll the world...

brb, /b/ing...
Reply 11
Original post by sandeep90
I never said I thought it was acceptable.

True, I read it as implication [as in if you're promoting such actions you agree with them] but you didn't state you agreed directly.
Reply 12
thats way too harsh.No need for it.

But the pic with her face saying "im dead lol" made Me ROFL
Wtf is with those retards posting those gnarly photos?!
They should rot in hell :stomp:
Reply 15
there is nothing funny about imagining this girls lifeless body being used in a ditch. Thats not a thought that gets me going, no sir.
Reply 16
Original post by eat
Hey "sandeep90", I gather you're a member of the super secret internet club known as 4chan, as overtly advertised in your sig and post. I was just wondering, if I want to join this "4chan", are there any special procedures? How did you get involved in such a radical, underground and elitist society? Did you have to audition? Was it your "connections" that got you to where you are? Just wondering as I'm feeling kind of left out here.

4chan is reserved for people who are emotionally superior and enlightened. 4chan is a meeting ground for those who have transcended human notions of reality and feel that the only way to force physical and psychological evolution onto mankind is through shock tactics.

So people jacked up a facebook memorial thread, they are meaningless anyway. You judge this act as negative but you cannot understand the intent of a group mind such as 4chan.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending