The Student Room Group

Girlfriend is freaking out over woodlice.

They keep appearing in the bathtub and last night she wanted a bath and when she saw her companion was going to be a cute little woodlouse she freaked out and demanded I remove them.

She is now annoyed at me for not sorting the problem out being the man and all that. I mean,I reckon they are coming out the plughole,sometimes they come with a few pals ,as they are no where else in the flat as believe me she would have moaned and they always appear in the bathtub and stay in the bathtub . What does she expect me to do, shrink and go down the plughole and give them all a good kicking?

We live in a ground floor flat, thoughts?

By the way woodlouse are these

http://www.schoolsliaison.org.uk/woodgate/woodland/woodland11.html

Scroll to see replies

She probably have a phobia about those kind of creepy crawlers.
I do have that too and i get anxiety attacks when i know nobody has killed it yet.
I have to make sure i see it get killed before i feel comfortable.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by kristinaalovesu
with my four eyes before i feel comfortable.

:mmm:
Original post by Anoodles

Original post by Anoodles
:mmm:

:awesome:
i always thought woodlice were kinda cute

you could always leave the plug in the bath when you're not using it? although it does seem unlikely that they are coming up that way as there'll be a u-bend or some other form of water trap. so unless your woodlice enjoy a good swim i don't see how they can make it up there
(edited 13 years ago)
i like how they roll up in balls haha
Reply 6
Original post by kristinaalovesu
I do have that too and i get anxiety attacks when i know nobody has killed it yet.
I have to make sure i see it get killed before i feel comfortable.

I am the opposite! I literally get shivers up my entire body whenever I see someone killing an insect. Dead insects (particularly dead spiders) make me FREAK OUT. Ha ha, alive.. I am happy. If I see one dead/dying, I have to control myself from going into an attack. I have no idea why, I just think it's disgusting. Once a spider came down from the ceiling, hanging from its web, DEAD, right in front of me as I was pouring myself a drink. O_O Had to get out of the kitchen and pretend it wasn't there, ha ha

Aw, I like woodlice. In primary school, we had to write a story about if we woke up one day and turned into an animal... I wrote about turning into a woodlouse and rolling down the stairs and stuff. It was a cute story, in my opinion x.

:rolleyes:
Reply 8
Ew woodlice.. something that's creepy about them. The little shell it has and the legs. I'm not one for the killing of most lil creepy crawlies though, I'd rather get someone to capture it and set it free outside :smile:
Woodlice are pretty awesome.
Reply 10
Woodlice can make a nice tasty snack.
They're only woodlice. :teehee:

It's not like they're preying mantis' that have mutated through radiation... *been watching too many B-movies*
Reply 12
They won't be coming in through your pipes - probably through an air vent or under a door.

it's your chance to man up and be the fearless manly man... throw them outside, but don't kill them though - that's a bit weird tbh.
Reply 13
If you don't know how to take advantage of this situation, you're an idiot.

Spoiler

Reply 14
Is your girlfriend Gillian McKeith?
If there's any insect to be afraid of a couple of woodlice (woodlouse?) are definitely not it.

They are usually nocturnal and extremely timid. They are hardly pests... having them around might mean you have a bit of dampness somewhere. They don't damage wood or anything.

I remember in my old house when I'd come down at like 2 in the morning for a drink of water there would be like a family of them on the floor... A couple of huge ones and some little ones scurrying around. As soon as they know something is near them they all pretend to be dead heh. Awesome little creatures.

And there are certain types of aquatic woodlouse species but I'm not sure if they can swim/clime up pipes.
Reply 16
Original post by thisisnew
If there's any insect to be afraid of a couple of woodlice (woodlouse?) are definitely not it.

Unless you've got a wooden leg.

If the landlord cheaped out on installing a downstairs bathroom the overflow pipe might just be a pipe straight through the wall - in which case you'd get cold draughts blowing through it - woodlice could come through that I guess.

puff some of that ant powder around ifi you need to look like you're doing something - might end up with hoards of them jumping into the bathtub to die gruesomely though.
Reply 17
Original post by adamnor
Is your girlfriend Gillian McKeith?

That's what I was thinking.

They're hardly poisonous spiders or anything.
Reply 18
Original post by thisisnew

They're not insects:tongue:
Original post by Joinedup
Unless you've got a wooden leg.

If the landlord cheaped out on installing a downstairs bathroom the overflow pipe might just be a pipe straight through the wall - in which case you'd get cold draughts blowing through it - woodlice could come through that I guess.

puff some of that ant powder around ifi you need to look like you're doing something - might end up with hoards of them jumping into the bathtub to die gruesomely though.

Yeah thats where they are entering through the overflow. I saw one drop down into the tub when I was getting rid of the rest.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending