Glasgow Medicine Applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 240
Original post by That Bearded Man
Haha exactly same 12:00

ahhh i'm at 11.45 lol! right before you, good luck for it!! :biggrin:
Reply 241
Original post by G550NDH
Congrats on the interview ! Im a gap year student as well and got 2660 so is it safe to assume il get a letter soon ? Also can we say the cut off is around 2600 ? since it must be lower than 2630 !

Again well done and i hope everything works out well !

yeah it probably is around 2600, which is an increase from last year. my ukcat was the reason i got rejected last year, so things are def lookin up this year!
hope you get a letter soon as well, it's so exciting :smile:
Reply 242
Have rejections from Glasgow started to come out yet?
I got 680 average in my UKCAT and I've sen lower scores called for an interveiw... can I infer that I'll also have the honour? :smile: And is eevryone above the cut off interviewed randomly? :smile:
Reply 244
got an interview on 13/12/10
pretty nervous!
Reply 245
Original post by pdlc
got an interview on 13/12/10
pretty nervous!

good luck :wink:
Reply 246
Original post by laurencebaker1
I got 680 average in my UKCAT and I've sen lower scores called for an interveiw... can I infer that I'll also have the honour? :smile: And is eevryone above the cut off interviewed randomly? :smile:

I also got 680 and haven't got an interview either so I would imagine that there isn't a particular order. They send their interviews by post so I hope mine doesn't get lost :s-smilie:

And actually I'm kinda happy that I haven't got an interview coming up soon because I'm nowhere near prepared...so the later the better :biggrin:
Original post by infernalcradle
ah crap...I have a UKCAT of 725 av...and nothing so far....

I live in london...where do you live?

it took a week for a letter from soton to get to me...so I'm hoping its on its way....

manchester; so I'm guessing yours must be on it's way like you said :smile:
Reply 248
Well the acknowledgement email from Glasgow did say that interviews weren't given out in any particular order.
Reply 249
Original post by Vulpes
Well the acknowledgement email from Glasgow did say that interviews weren't given out in any particular order.

If they don't have an order what if after sending the 800th interview they realise that some of the people left towards the end had huge UKCATs? They must put all the candidates in the order of their UKCAT or else they can not have a cut off...
Reply 250
Original post by teafil
If they don't have an order what if after sending the 800th interview they realise that some of the people left towards the end had huge UKCATs? They must put all the candidates in the order of their UKCAT or else they can not have a cut off...

Hmm.. Could it be when they said " Interviews are not allocated to applicants in order of preference, so many applicants will not hear from us until March.", they meant "more likely to get an offer" by "preference"? That'll explain it.

But how would they rank international applicants? =[ With only 18 places available, how many interviews for international applicants do you think they give out?

Btw, ur an international student too right?
Reply 251
Original post by Vulpes
Hmm.. Could it be when they said " Interviews are not allocated to applicants in order of preference, so many applicants will not hear from us until March.", they meant "more likely to get an offer" by "preference"? That'll explain it.

But how would they rank international applicants? =[ With only 18 places available, how many interviews for international applicants do you think they give out?

Btw, ur an international student too right?

Im in the UE so I'm tehnically a Home student. As i see it internationals are a lot more lucky with 18 places all for themselves... for UE applicants is harder because they basically share those 220 places with scottish/english applicants and, as I see it, the university has all interest to offer places to their students first! I hope I'm not right but I personally believe there still is a bit of discrimination out there.

International applicants must be ranked separately i guess... as they have separate places and separate competition :smile:
Reply 252
Interview on the 3/12/10! Whoop!

:smile:
Reply 253
Original post by ACW123
Interview on the 3/12/10! Whoop!

:smile:

Gratz! Mind sharing with us your academics? =P

And woah. When did you receive the interview letter? You have less than a week!
Congratulations and good luck to all those with interviews! :smile:

I don't think they're doing interviews in order of UKCAT score because I have 740 and I have another two friends with 700+ who don't have interviews, so it could be a random selection from the top 800 scores :confused:
Reply 255
Original post by Vulpes
Gratz! Mind sharing with us your academics? =P

And woah. When did you receive the interview letter? You have less than a week!

UKcat 2710 (677.5 average) 4th year Bsc Med Science Student Predicted a 2:1.

Received the letter on friday! I've just not had a chance to go here!
Reply 256
has anyone got an interview with a ukcat score of below 2630?
Reply 257
Just for the general interest of the thread: I have a UKCAT average of 720 and haven't heard anything.

I don't think anyone needs to worry, it's still early days and the snow in the UK is probably holding some of the letters back.
I would love to come Glasgow as well. :smile: So is everyone with a score above the cut off get an interview at some point from now to march, then? Blooody snow. :wink: I reckon they'll do it randomly because they arent doing it in order of score. So... 800 interviewees... how many offer are made, if anyone knows? :smile: x
Reply 259
Original post by laurencebaker1
I would love to come Glasgow as well. :smile: So is everyone with a score above the cut off get an interview at some point from now to march, then? Blooody snow. :wink: I reckon they'll do it randomly because they arent doing it in order of score. So... 800 interviewees... how many offer are made, if anyone knows? :smile: x

it's something like:

800 interviews
400 offers
223 places

so 1 in 2 chance if you get interviewed :cool:
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending