The Student Room Group

**** just got real, North Korea deploys missiles at South Korean ship

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
If I was the US I would be keeping the B-2's on standby.
Reply 41
Original post by No Man
The outcome of this is all down to China.
If they realise Kim Jong Ill is ****ed up then the out come should be fine.
If they don't and stick by his side anyway, the outcome won't be pretty.

China is calling for another six-party talk, seems that they are doing everything they could to prevent the war. but if it is war, I doubt China will ever stick to Kim, as NK is a two-edged sword and China believes that it's now a trouble maker rather than a buffer. However, China will surely try their best to create another buffer or try to push US to recall their troops on the peninsula.
Original post by rylit91
Feel so sorry for those South Koreans. What are the chances we'll end up involved?

None. This will just end up as a small korean war with us watching the events through the TV. Or it'll just end up like the cuban missile crisis, with everybody worrying about WW3 and then nothing happens.

Don't worry, we wont be sent to the trenches just yet:rolleyes:
Reply 43
Lets be honest - I can't really think of somewhere better for WW III to be fought then on the shared boarders of NK, China and Russia - 5,500 miles away.

I think WW III chat is a bit over-rated though. It'll probably end up with the North Koreans getting gang banged by China and the USA together.

North Korea would get hammered and would inevitably lose, but Seoul and Incheon would be practically obliterated within hours. Would it lead to a true world war? I doubt it, but it would rack up the same cost in human lives in days rather than years.
Original post by rylit91
Feel so sorry for those South Koreans. What are the chances we'll end up involved?

None seeing as our carriers and harriers are being scrapped because apparently "there is no foreseeable need for them" until 2020.

Gotta love the useless tards in charge of our military expenditure.

Dunno if war will break out though, short of something having completely snapped in the NK leadership (even considering the transition of power from Kim Jong-Il to his son) it would be utterly daft to keep poking SK.

The south doesn't want a war because it's not in its best interests but they are angry and they have the military advantage which means they know they'll be winning the war.

Anger + near assured victory = heavy temptation.
Reply 46
Original post by Unknown?
If I was the US I would be keeping the B-2's on standby.

Exactly why the DMZ is filled with US Marines.
Reply 47
Original post by adam0311
Exactly why the DMZ is filled with US Marines.

source?
Reply 48
Original post by H.JJJ
source?

MARKFORK sends around 5,500 Marines a year for military exercises with the ROKMC. MARFORK has Task Force 76 and 79, 3rd Expeditionary Unit, plus a huge amount of personnel support from two naval bases in Japan. The 3rd has 17,000 Marines. And TF 76 is the only permanently forward-deployed expeditionary strike group.
Reply 49
Original post by The Cornerstone
None. This will just end up as a small korean war with us watching the events through the TV. Or it'll just end up like the cuban missile crisis, with everybody worrying about WW3 and then nothing happens.

Don't worry, we wont be sent to the trenches just yet:rolleyes:

Well, with those morons in charge in NK what's going to stop them pressing the red button aimed at anyone who gets involved?
Original post by rylit91
Well, with those morons in charge in NK what's going to stop them pressing the red button aimed at anyone who gets involved?

NK compared to the likes of USA, is nothing. Unless they want NK to become NKO, they'll calm themselves down.
Reply 51
Original post by adam0311
Two questions for you, as you probably have more insight on this topic than anyone else on the forums.

1. Do you think China views North Korea as a significant trade partner?

Doubtful, unless you level up the economy to some extreme and ridiculous level. All North Korea really exports is dubious weapons technology and some animated cartoons. To level up the economy to the same level as the South would cost trillions of dollars, and this too is an obstacle to Korean reunification.

2. If NK goes to war, what do you think would happen afterwards as far as a new government. Do you think it would be restructured internally? Or would an outside force takeover?

Speculating on that one is difficult. It depends on whether or not the Kim dynasty keeps on trucking forever, which it likely won't given that Kim Jong Un has just been dumped into the top spot without any kind of formal experience or training. Many of the top ranking Party officials and military generals secretly resent that.

I think, if we don't wipe ourselves out, we're probably looking at an Iraq type of situation. Keep foreign forces in the country to stabilise and rebuild, but South Korea would have a very big say in that regard I reckon.

Ultimately, I think it would have to be restructured internally. North Korea isn't really Communist (and "Communism" has been removed from the Constitution itself) so it'll be hard to introduce people to a new means of governing themselves.
Reply 52
I hope North Korea can teach those Americans a lesson. Totally support NK! US bullies OUT!
Reply 53
Original post by ajtiesto
I hope North Korea can teach those Americans a lesson. Totally support NK! US bullies OUT!

You should definitely move there.
Reply 54
It seems that the way this is going is that North Korea attacks something, and South Korea says "You'd better not attack anything else", then North Korea attacks something else and the cycle continues.
HOLY **** we need to send some our aircraft carriers over there ASAP to stand with America's and show South Korea we'll back them to the end! We'll smash North Ko....oh....oh wait....oh that's right...we don't have any carriers any more because they're "not needed"....when we do it won't have any planes....

ok...ok....guys can you sit on your hands until say 2030 please? Then we'll see what's what in terms of us having a capable military.:smile:
Original post by Bobifier
It seems that the way this is going is that North Korea attacks something, and South Korea says "You'd better not attack anything else", then North Korea attacks something else and the cycle continues.

yeah they're like an IRL troll and a lenient moderator. But one day they'll troll at the next level and the Admin(USA) will...

permaban them..
Reply 57
Original post by dn013
I love live news channels.

"In North Korea missiles move into position, and an amazing story of survival by 3 teenagers in the open sea."

One is news, one should not be on local news.

Should not or should? If you mean should, have you heard the story? It wasn't a sea (like one mile off the North Sea coast). It was the South Pacific.
Reply 58
Original post by Aj12
You should definitely move there.

Yeah, why don't you go up the US's ass seeing as your so in love with a war mongering country!
Reply 59
Original post by ajtiesto
Yeah, why don't you go up the US's ass seeing as your so in love with a war mongering country!

:facepalm2: Your such a failure.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending