The Student Room Group

Are teenagers too highly-strung?

Why do lots of guys who are teenagers get irate if you make bad comments to them? is it ego? Or the fact that somebody "disrespected" them? Why should anybody automatically command respect?
Reply 1
I don't think anyone likes bad comments about them regardless of their age or gender
Perhaps. But this doesn't mean one must react to it.
Reply 3
No-one likes looking bad in front of their friends :h: .. Therefore, they act like idiots "hard" to try and not lose the street cred "respect" of their fellow "peers". :gangster:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Kidms001
No-one likes looking bad in front of their friends :h:

so?
FFS NO
Reply 6
Original post by rajandkwameali
so?

So we let it be heard that the oppressors are '****ers' '*****' and they will face the wrath of us if they continue with their bullying.
Reply 7
There are very few people nowadays who are willing to take a joke.

Self deprecating humour is a dying art unfortunately.
Original post by damos92
So we let it be heard that the oppressors are '****ers' '*****' and they will face the wrath of us if they continue with their bullying.

How is somebody being unkind oppression?
Reply 9
Original post by rajandkwameali
How is somebody being unkind oppression?

It's oppressing our right to not have our confidence taken away from us, it's oppressing our right to not have to question ourselves, because of an insult or jibe thrown our way.
Reply 10
are you disrespecting me bruv??? not ma probs i got all theze ragin' 'ormones is it nah?

on a serious note: i think you're generalising a little too much, normally if someone insults me i just stand looking sad/awkward/confused for a moment, nod and then walk away. :frown:
Reply 11
It is called human nature to be above others (mostly when it it men), whether it is decided with no violence (i.e. one shying away to not walk near the other, not retaliate when they have abuse shouted at them) or if they have to show it by being 'stronger' than the other (i.e. people provoking passers by into a fight)

It's the way of the jungle

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending