The Student Room Group

Am i mistaken or...?

HTC
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by damos92
Yesterday, i shaved and in turn got Id'ed at a pub. I showed them my college card and they refused it on the grounds that 'it's too easy to make on the internet'. I mean, i genuinely don't know any sites where you can clone your college's individual card for you and yet, i know of a few where you can make fake driving licences, which they would have accepted.

What you reckon?

happens to me all the time, mate. I am at university and still get rejected.

I look long term, when the wife looks old and grizzly, at least I can look better.
Reply 2
Original post by The_Male_Melons
happens to me all the time, mate. I am at university and still get rejected.

I look long term, when the wife looks old and grizzly, at least I can look better.

It's only a slight annoyance, usually when i don't shave i can get served, even when i was 17.

I'm just pissed off about their reasoning for not accepting my college card.
Original post by damos92
It's only a slight annoyance, usually when i don't shave i can get served, even when i was 17.

I'm just pissed off about their reasoning for not accepting my college card.

To be honest, better of taking a driving licence or passport. They trust those ids more.
Reply 4
Original post by The_Male_Melons
To be honest, better of taking a driving licence or passport. They trust those ids more.

That's my point though. There's many sites catering to the needs of people who want a fake driving licence. I've found none which can create you a personal college card. They refused my college card specifically because they thought it was easy to create on the internet and that's what i disagree with.
Reply 5
but you should of known that a college card isn't the best form of id to take anyway..
lots of places have signs up saying only drivers licenses passports or things with the pass logo on will be accepted and pretty much everywhere that doesn't have a sign still follows this.

about your point of there being many sites that provide fake drivers licenses although this is true and I've seen many fake ones that people have bought its incredibly rare to find one that actually looks real. they have to have all of the holograms on them as well which college cards do not so it might take you longer to find a site to cater to your needs but the cards themselves would be easier to copy.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending