Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Official Nottingham Applicants Thread 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by *snowflake*
Hey, I'll just quote you here :smile:
I got AAAAB at AS and am predicted A*A*A (with EPQ as well). I'm sure you'll be fine, your grades are higher than the required ABB! And yayy another person for this course :biggrin:

Hey,
I've got a conditional :smile: as of yesterday!

What is your conditional?
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by Kynthia86
I am going to apply for MSc Management Psychology.
Can't wait... I am soooo nervous...

Anyone here would be so kind as to proof-read my Personal Statement?
I have never wrote one before - and I am not even a native speaker. :frown:

(Fortunately, meet the language requirements though :redface:)

I have sent you a private message with an offer to proof-read. I love proof reading :colone:
Reply 582
Hey guys how you all doing ? I applied to chemical engineering at Nottingham !!
I so wanna this year to fly by!
Reply 583
Still waiting on an acknowledgement/offer....
I won't be able to decide anything until after my Southampton interview, but I want an excuse to go have a look around again (and visit people in the midlands)
Reply 584
Got given access to the "Applicants portal" today; really excited for any news! :biggrin:
Reply 585
Original post by pixiebot
Still waiting on an acknowledgement/offer....
I won't be able to decide anything until after my Southampton interview, but I want an excuse to go have a look around again (and visit people in the midlands)

This is so harsh of them - they replied to me in 4 days!
Reply 586
Not sure if this is the right place for it, but . . .
I registered for a UCAS visit day for Geography through the Applicants Portal but have managed to forget the date I booked.
I know that its a Saturday and its in Febuary, will I get an email or should I phone and ask?
Thank you
Original post by awe
Received a request for creative writing samples last night. Ooer. I have no idea what I want to send them.
Has anyone who has already sent off their 'portfolio' done so already? ^^

I sent mine off a few weeks ago, what have you got so far to send?xx
Reply 588
I have received an acknowledgement email today :biggrin:
I applied to chemical engineering at nottingham yeahhhh!!!!
Hopefully they will accept me :biggrin:
Got A*AA as prediction :colone:
Reply 589
I've been invited to a UCAS visit day for BSc Genetics. They said my UCAS track should be updated within two weeks, i'm gonna take that as an offer xD. Woop. Just Leeds left on my list now..
Reply 590
I sent mine off a few weeks ago, what have you got so far to send?xx

Oh, nice. Can I ask what you included - i.e one large piece of prose or individual extracts, or poems, etc?
I'll send them my sample of about 1400 words of fiction tomorrow. (:
Original post by awe
Oh, nice. Can I ask what you included - i.e one large piece of prose or individual extracts, or poems, etc?
I'll send them my sample of about 1400 words of fiction tomorrow. (:

I sent them one fiction piece; I think any small extracts will b rather odd unless u done more than they asked for! I know a friend who has sent 4 poems. I don't know anybody else who has sent poetry, I think everyone is a bit scared of sending poems aha x
Reply 592
Original post by Javindo
Got given access to the "Applicants portal" today; really excited for any news! :biggrin:

When did you send your applications off?
Reply 593
Original post by MylesXD
When did you send your applications off?

Application processed by UCAS : 24-Nov-2010
Reply 594
Original post by Javindo
Application processed by UCAS : 24-Nov-2010

Whats your first choices? :smile: for computer Science ?
Original post by rawrstephi
got an offer today for history and french!
AAB :smile:
so happy, as it was my first choice.

P&Fdon
Philosophy and French - ABB
Insurance sorted

well done! when did you send off your application? i'm applying for english and french, so similar sort of admissions processes. I just wanna know! :biggrin:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 596
Original post by MylesXD
Whats your first choices? :smile: for computer Science ?

Well obviously it will be based on offers received, but my "top two" are definitly Notts and QMUL! I don't know if I could allow the chance of studying in London pass me by though and may make a snap decision at the last minute to just firm QMUL if they offer me because I love the city so much.
Reply 597
Original post by Javindo
Well obviously it will be based on offers received, but my "top two" are definitly Notts and QMUL! I don't know if I could allow the chance of studying in London pass me by though and may make a snap decision at the last minute to just firm QMUL if they offer me because I love the city so much.

hahaha so have you visit notts yet then ? :smile: :wink: could be fellow applicant here haha
Reply 598
Original post by MylesXD
hahaha so have you visit notts yet then ? :smile: :wink: could be fellow applicant here haha

Unfortunately I missed the opportunity to visit but I heard very positive reviews from some friends who visited; I am hoping they invite me to/I can apply to one of these "UCAS days" there!
Original post by LadyTee20
yh i sent mine off on the 10th nov, and i'm getting impatient now as well lol some people have got theirs like 3 weeks after so shouldn't be long may be this weeek :biggrin: we hope!

Eek, exciting! Is it one of your first choices?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending