The Student Room Group

Girls, if you're single which one are you more likely to befriend?

A pretty girl who boys would rate 8/10. Wears fairly expensive clothing and jewellery and takes care of her appearance. Very smiley and tries to be nice to people. Doesn't follow the stereotype of being judgemental just because she wears nice clothes. Wants to have guy friends as well as girl friends.

A not so pretty girl boys would rate 3/10. Wears average clothing and is very judgemental towards those that wear nicer clothing. Takes care of her appearance but tries particularly hard to look different. Could be argued that she even tries harder than the girl above because she is so eager not to look mainstream. More interested in making friends with girls. From the moment she saw the girl above she knew that she 'wasn't her type of person' and thus didn't bother to make friends with her.

The reason I ask if because I want to know if someone's looks affect whether you want to be friends with them? And if so in what sense? For example, would you rather be friends with the not so pretty girl so that you stand out when you're with them, or the pretty girl because she could attract guys and introduce them to you?

Obviously don't take this thread too literally, I know friendships aren't really based on this!

Scroll to see replies

second one.
Reply 2
Second one. First one doesn't seem like "my kinda person" either :wink:
Well, the first one, because she sounds a hundred times nicer then the second!
Reply 4
the way you're describing the second girl is making us want to choose the first girl, because you've not said anything positive about her at all, so obviously the first girl, but your description is kinda biased
Reply 5
The first one sounds nice but dull. For purely that reason, the second one.
Reply 6
xxx
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 7
First one, even if you're description wasn't so biased. Basically because it sounds more like me.
Reply 8
I'm good friends with girls who dress a lot differently from each other. It doesn't come into the equation with me, I can just tell from the first conversation whether they're a nice person or not, and whether we get along or not. *shrugs*
Original post by dancingshoes10
A girl who boys would rate 8/10. Wears fairly expensive clothing and jewellery and takes care of her appearance. Very smiley and tries to be nice to people. Doesn't follow the stereotype of being judgemental just because she wears nice clothes. Wants to have guy friends as well as girl friends. = Most likely to befriend

A girl boys would rate 8/10. Wears average clothing and is very judgemental towards those that wear nicer clothing. Takes care of her appearance but tries particularly hard to look different. Could be argued that she even tries harder than the girl above because she is so eager not to look mainstream. More interested in making friends with girls. From the moment she saw the girl above she knew that she 'wasn't her type of person' and thus didn't bother to make friends with her. = Less likely to befriend

A girl who boys would rate 3/10. Wears fairly expensive clothing and jewellery and takes care of her appearance. Very smiley and tries to be nice to people. Doesn't follow the stereotype of being judgemental just because she wears nice clothes. Wants to have guy friends as well as girl friends= Most likely to befriend

A girl boys would rate 3/10. Wears average clothing and is very judgemental towards those that wear nicer clothing. Takes care of her appearance but tries particularly hard to look different. Could be argued that she even tries harder than the girl above because she is so eager not to look mainstream. More interested in making friends with girls. From the moment she saw the girl above she knew that she 'wasn't her type of person' and thus didn't bother to make friends with her. = Less likely to befriend

So its not based on looks:wink:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 10
Original post by Alt__x
First one, because she aint a judgemental cow like the second one.

This. It's nothing to do with the fact she looks 'nicer' but she sounds like she has a lot better personality!

What has being single got to do with it either? Do you think we're all in 'competition' with our friends or something? :curious: I'd rather have somebody I can have a good conversation with!
The one that makes me laugh most probably
first one
because it basically sounds like me
hmm... but that might actually be really annoying if we were both the annoying 'smiley and nice type' lol.. hmmmm
Hmm, I think this survey proves that women can't do science. :ninja:
Well, the second one because the 'alternative' look is one that would appeal to me more and we are more likely to have more in common.

Plus, the first one sounds kinda fake. It's human nature to be slightly judgemental, so the second one is perfectly normal to assume the first one isn't her type. I've never trusted the sorts of people who treat everyone like their friends - they usually want something from you or they're taking the piss.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by jismith1989
Hmm, I think this survey proves that women can't do science. :ninja:

lol, why?
If it's the whole 'you're supposed to go with the better looking one so that you have better looking kids', then that won't really be an issue when it's two girls.
First because I dislike judgmental people

But I'd choose the first even if I was in a relationship...
I'm friends with a person like the first one, it's not nice being second best, so for that reason the second one.
The first one, because the second one sounds too much like me :p:
Reply 19
first one deffo, she seems more comfortable in her skin

second one sounds awful, hahah

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending