The Student Room Group

i am hideous without makeup

Scroll to see replies

I need atleast mascara. No biggy, broseph.
Original post by insoms
If a girl is ugly no amount of makeup is going to change that.

Girls how can we convince you. My girlfriend won't even go on webcam to me without it. She even wears it to bed reapplying it in the evening if it wears off (this isn't for me she does it if shes alone in her room).

It's rediculous.

You say that, but I'm sure if you saw her with no make up when you met her you wouldn't have considered her to be your girlfriend. :s-smilie:
Reply 22
Original post by insoms
If a girl is ugly no amount of makeup is going to change that.

Girls how can we convince you. My girlfriend won't even go on webcam to me without it. She even wears it to bed reapplying it in the evening if it wears off (this isn't for me she does it if shes alone in her room).

It's rediculous.

I do the same about the web cam lol not just because of make-up e.g. if my hair is messed up and that type of stuff, but I dont apply it if im going to bed :s-smilie: I dont think you can change that, its in us lol (well most of us)

Sing bruno mars-just the way you are lool :wink:
I know what you mean OP.
I am, and i'm not using this term lightly, hideous without make-up.

However, as most people on here have said on here I didn't get brain-washed by advertising. But, I started hanging out with a this amazingly stunning girl about 2 years ago. She is the most down to earth girl you'll ever meet, but heck does she apply ALOT of makeup!

I used to wear glasses, and now I wear contacts. I now wear, eye-liner, blusher, the works.

The way she dresses is the typical girl guys would go for, well she has the size 10 figure, she wears tight jeans, got big boobs etc.

I on the other hand, I don't have the confidence (or the figure) to wear those types of clothes, so I wear long tops and loose-ish jeans.

As you can guess, she gets ALL the attention, I mean all the type..

Even though she's one of my good friends, I have to say her makeup is orange (literally), and every guy and i'm not using this term lightly EVERY guy, will stare at her, so she gets ample attention. Guys asking for her number, every guy she knows is in love with her.. etc etccc... lol now I sound like a jealous cow. I really am not, I guess every one is pretty in their own way? :s-smilie:
You're probably imagining it.

I hate going out with make up on too, especially at the moment because my skin has broken out horribly due to copious amounts of stress, but one day I went out with no make up and wearing the first clothes I could find and I got stopped by a guy. Made me re-think the whole make up thing a bit.

Be brave and go without :wink:
Reply 25
Original post by Indieboohoo
You say that, but I'm sure if you saw her with no make up when you met her you wouldn't have considered her to be your girlfriend. :s-smilie:

We went on a camping holiday and she went an entire day morning to bed with absolutely no makeup. She looked excatly the same, was cute cos she actually has a kind of natural blusher you don't normal see cos of all the foundation and rubbish she piles on normally. So much more natural

She claims she felt terrible the entire day because of it :s-smilie:
If you're hideous, no amount of make up will make you look nice. Therefore; you are not hideous.

Take good care of your skin and hair and general health, groom by all means (especially eyebrows) and you'll be sorted. Chances are, you're just not used to seeing yourself without black rings around your eyes rather than the case being that you necessarily look better with it on.

And as for this so called 'pressure' to wear make up, that's bull****. No one looks down on girls who don't wear make up, hell most people wouldn't be able to tell the difference between someone who was barefaced and someone who could do subtle make up. Leave the heavy stuff for nice occasions.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by milesofsea
If you're hideous, no amount of make up will make you look nice. Therefore; you are not hideous.

Take good care of your skin and hair and general health, groom by all means (especially eyebrows) and you'll be sorted. Chances are, you're just not used to seeing yourself without black rings around your eyes anymore rather than the case being that you look necessarily better with it on.

And as for this so called 'pressure' to wear make up, that's bull****. No one looks down on girls who don't wear make up, hell most people wouldn't be able to tell the difference between someone who was barefaced and someone who could do subtle make up. Leave the heavy stuff for nice occasions.

Who said that???:confused:

All I was saying that males are visual beings so adverts showing make up from foundation to mascara to lipstick normalises it.

If the females on TV had no make up artist and acted with no make up on, males would realise that this is what girls normally look like. Not the overly made up half naked Jessica Alba or Megan Fox poster they w.a.n.k off to on their wall.
Original post by StephenP91
Does it matter? I am sure you are beautiful on the inside. :smile:

That really is a terrible thing to say to someone with this problem.

All I was saying that males are visual beings so adverts showing make up from foundation to mascara to lipstick normalises it.

If the females on TV had no make up artist and acted with no make up on, males would realise that this is what girls normally look like. Not the overly made up half naked Jessica Alba or Megan Fox poster they w.a.n.k off to on their wall.

Post #8 amongst others.
Reply 30

I don't wan k off on my wall to anyone, it would all drip off :s-smilie:

Just make sure you don't smear loads of makeup all over your face so you look orange, thats just not nice. But I tend to like girls without makeup at all, just one of those things I guess.
It sounds like you're hung up on the idea of looking ugly without makeup because of the way you were treated at school in the past. It's more the bullying and its effects that appear to be the real cause of your feelings, and it has manifested as you thinking that you like 'hideous' without makeup.

You say that without eyeliner you look ugly. Think about it - how much difference can a bit of eyeliner really make to someone's overall appearance? All it changes is your opinion of yourself.
Make up destroys your perception of natural beauty.

If you look hideous without makeup, it's because you are hideous and the makeup is simply covering that up- though it rarely succeeds that well.
Ugly people tend to still look ugly no matter how many wedges of paint they scrape onto themselves.

Your issue is clearly more of a confidence issue. Cut down on the amount you use day by day and learn to appreciate yourself for who you are.
tricking guys into thinking you're better looking than you actually are is rather cruel
Reply 34
Thats all ****ed up...with all that make up you wear now you will screw your skin pretty soon...I wear it rarely, and mostly just the mascara and I feel amazing) it is just ridiculous to see young girls with tonns of make up on...
puberty is gone long time ago( i suppose) , so get over it!
One of my best friends refuses to let us see her without make-up because she thinks she looks awful. But I remember what she looked like before she got make-up obsessed and she is one of the most stunning people I know, and still is actually. She also thinks she's fat, which is ridiculous cos she's a size 6 and the 2nd skinniest out of our group. The only girl who's skinnier is several inches shorter so it makes sense. :lol: Basically, you might think you're ugly but you're actually not.
Reply 36
My friend looks like she's sick without makeup lol. Everyone looks different though, I'm sure its just paranoia.
Reply 37
You should go a week or two withput eye makeup and see for urself that u dont look ugly. Its only becoz ur used to seeing urself wiyh it and when u dobt wear it u look different.
Try the week trial. It helps ur self esteem.
Original post by Anonymous
basicallly i am hideous without EYE makeup, like black eyeliner. i use liquid liner for best effect. i like foundation blusher etc but without my eye makeup i am stil hideous..
in school i wore no makeup because i didnt know how to apply it and was treated like im ugly. i had to wear glasses which made me 10 times more ugly. my self-esteem was so low, i was paranoid the boys would call me ugly as they sometimes did....
now i got contacts and wear alot of eye makeup and people call me fit and hot. but wheni see myself without the makeup, i am so ugly that i wouldnt let anyone apart from family see me without it.
it is mostly my eyes, without makeup they look horrible, with makeup they look nice.
im not a girly girl and dont go for that mask look or a girly look, i dont like having to wear blackeyeliner but i am so ugly without it

i was wondering if any of you have like seen your friends once without makeup for the first time and been surprised or anything like that.....

Tbh I never used to wear make up until after 16 ish, and now I have to wear it all the time otherwise I feel 'ugly'. I know I'm not really that bad with out tbh, but I totally see ure point. Once you start on the black eyeliner, its hard to stop. I dont think any of my friends have seen me without eyeliner, and I dont know how theyd react if they did :s:

I just hope that some day soon, I feel confident enough to go out make-up free :rolleyes: x
Original post by Anonymous
basicallly i am hideous without EYE makeup, like black eyeliner. i use liquid liner for best effect. i like foundation blusher etc but without my eye makeup i am stil hideous..
in school i wore no makeup because i didnt know how to apply it and was treated like im ugly. i had to wear glasses which made me 10 times more ugly. my self-esteem was so low, i was paranoid the boys would call me ugly as they sometimes did....
now i got contacts and wear alot of eye makeup and people call me fit and hot. but wheni see myself without the makeup, i am so ugly that i wouldnt let anyone apart from family see me without it.
it is mostly my eyes, without makeup they look horrible, with makeup they look nice.
im not a girly girl and dont go for that mask look or a girly look, i dont like having to wear blackeyeliner but i am so ugly without it

i was wondering if any of you have like seen your friends once without makeup for the first time and been surprised or anything like that.....

oh my goodness, I am the same! lol eyeliner is a daily staple
I used to wear glasses, they were a v high prescription so made my eyes look smaller than they really were and made my face completely out of proportion. Plus, my eyelashes are so sparse, my eyes look naked without eyeliner :s-smilie: I actually look like a different person just wearing eyeliner...
Don't feel bad about wearing makeup! You're just enhancing what you've got :smile:
If you really want to be more 'natural', try weaning yourself off some of your products - like swapping liquid eyeliner for a softer pencil in more neutral shades eg brown and foundation for tinted moisturiser?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending