The Student Room Group

The big wikileaks thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Firaila
My favourite of the latest batch of embassy leaks

Berlusconi is described by the Americans as "feckless, vain and ineffective as a modern European leader" :biggrin:

Someone I reckon he may even take that as a complement. It's not like they're wrong though...
Reply 101
Original post by Bubbles0ox
WTF!!
why did they do that?!? i dont understand
literally just brought a tear to my eye

how can people be so heartless to happily kill other human beings, especially knowing theres children watching it

makes me feel sick.

Because the pilot thought that they were militats and freaked out because if they had had RPG's they would have destoryed the helicopter
Original post by Bubbles0ox
WTF!!
why did they do that?!? i dont understand
literally just brought a tear to my eye

how can people be so heartless to happily kill other human beings, especially knowing theres children watching it

makes me feel sick.

They failed to inform the military that they were going to be walking round an active warzone, they were carrying unreported AK47's and one appeared to have an RPG (I've seen the full video with the full discussion of the course of action they should take, this scene is rather clearly cut to portray the soldiers in as bad a light as possible). The military documents published on the matter confirms that AK47s and an RPG were found on the scene.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=125630795

To the soldiers they were just a group of people carrying weapons that could be used to carry other soldiers.

Sure they make some remarks in particularly poor taste but bear in mind people they may well have personally known in the war and certainly people who were in the same military were out dying. It was a horrific mistake to make, but the soldiers here are not the sole people to blame here.
Reply 103
Original post by Aj12
Because the pilot thought that they were militats and freaked out because if they had had RPG's they would have destoryed the helicopter

This, basically.

I won't deny that I did not enjoy watching the video, but I still maintain that it is we here in our comfortable lives who actually have a clouded judgement; they in the field know far more about their task and it is not our place to judge them.]
The only thing that could really be said about this is that the systems in place are too lax - they should not have been given permission to fire since they were not under attack; given that the result is now almost certainly that those children will grow up to be enemies of America. I know I would be.

It should also be noted that Call of Duty really is quite realistic!
wikileaks is doin it big brap
Reply 105
Original post by MoanyLisa
Well I wouldn't exactly say good on Turkey. But your right about pakistan, s.a. etc

Yes but it was the Americans that gave al-qaida the weapons/money in the first place, so that they could fight Russia when they tried to invade the country.
The most important piece of all the information WikiLeaks has released is that the wife of the president of Azerbaijan has had so much plastic surgery she can barely move her face.
Reply 107
It's not just you! http://wikileaks.org looks down from here.

¬_¬
The most astonishing two things for me are 1)The Saudi king wanting to wage war against Iran...I mean im an atheist but coming from a muslim family hes a real Dick head as his country is supposed to be the forefront for uniting Muslim countries.

2) America trying to further control each and every UN member. Its not secret that America is the United Nations and it uses it and WTO and the World bank for its dirty games.
oh no the wikileaks website is down!
Reply 111
Original post by x_muneeb_x
The most astonishing two things for me are 1)The Saudi king wanting to wage war against Iran...I mean im an atheist but coming from a muslim family hes a real Dick head as his country is supposed to be the forefront for uniting Muslim countries.

2) America trying to further control each and every UN member. Its not secret that America is the United Nations and it uses it and WTO and the World bank for its dirty games.

this is nothign about being a "good muslim" and the "muslim brotherhood".....
yeah the saudis are muslims but it all comes down to oil, money and power..... and anyone who threatens this must be destroyed.

Just look at your country of pakistan, an islamic republic, but still come out with the same old corrupt, unislamic bs!
Reply 112
Oh bloody hell! the site is down... F*** OFF USA! we want the truth damn it! We know most of the things anyway, but having them leaked and making them fact is a whole step up.
Reply 113
:yy:

Top thread, keep it up guys.

My contribution even though it might have been posted already :holmes:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-11858895
Reply 114
I was reading on bbc earlier on that the US does not want its allies to look into the leaks to deeply as it claims it could have strain on its relations, what a load of utter tosh if you ask me.
Original post by x_muneeb_x

Clearly not everyone is as small minded as you are, and look for more in partnerships/friendships etc. than just ensuring you have the same religion. Both counties being Islamic doesn't mean they have to get along great no matter not. I'm personally glad to see Saudi Arabia has some basic principles and isn't completely blinded by religion. There's nothing wrong with Islamic countries uniting, but it should be for a good reason and not just because they are Islamic.

And it's not just Saudi Arabia - it's pretty much all major Arab countries calling for Iran to be brought under control. From what I've seen so far, Saudi Arabia, Jordan, UAE, Egypt and Bahrain have all expressed their concerns about Iran being an "evil" country that needs to be stopped, even by military if necessary.

If America is running the UN, why does it need to spy on it? Surely they would know what's happening if they are in charge?
(edited 13 years ago)
Forget WW3 and Korea, this is the real ****!!!
Original post by Guvnor
I was reading on bbc earlier on that the US does not want its allies to look into the leaks to deeply as it claims it could have strain on its relations, what a load of utter tosh if you ask me.

A lot of the little snippets I've read look like they could easily strain relations between countries. I'm sure the US have lost a little trust from the likes of Britain, France etc. who have learnt their ally is spying on them (while it would be a bit naive to think they weren't, having it confirmed is a bit of a kick in the teeth - especially now it's public and they need to demonstrate to their population that US spying on them isn't an acceptable thing).
I'm woefully dumb.

Can someone quickly explain what's happening? What is everything? Is WW3 going to happen?
Reply 119
Original post by callum9999
A lot of the little snippets I've read look like they could easily strain relations between countries. I'm sure the US have lost a little trust from the likes of Britain, France etc. who have learnt their ally is spying on them (while it would be a bit naive to think they weren't, having it confirmed is a bit of a kick in the teeth - especially now it's public and they need to demonstrate to their population that US spying on them isn't an acceptable thing).

The kick in the nuts is that this information has gone public, I am pretty much sure all these governments were well aware of spying on each other. The UK will probably claim to work with US in such matters, use a few fancy words make it look all good and call it the US-UK relations or something :lol:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending