The Student Room Group

The big wikileaks thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by spacepirate-James
I'm woefully dumb.

Can someone quickly explain what's happening? What is everything? Is WW3 going to happen?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/nov/28/us-embassy-cable-leak-diplomacy-crisis

This should get you up to speed!

This is so exciting! :eek:
Reply 122
Original post by spacepirate-James
This is so exciting! :eek:

The thing is not all of this is completely shocking

We already know Saudis don't trust Iran, US doesn't trust Pakistan and the safety of their nuclear weapons etc etc.

Still to see world leaders described in such undiplomatic language is quite :colone:
Reply 123
Went through it briefly. They already have Arab leaders (Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Bahrain) telling the US to attack Iran. That in itself is a disgrace!
Original post by Addzter
Yeah, it's a 2GB encrypted file that Wikileaks have released, which will be unlocked by a code that will be revealed if Assange is killed. To be honest, it sounds like a bluff to me (if they've got such Earth-shattering information, surely they'd release it) but if it's legit, it's probably something major.

Yeah, I call bluff on this one, It's probably just empty. I imagine it's pretty effective at deterring any threats though, I wouldn't want to risk it.
Reply 125
Original post by The Cornerstone
Forget WW3 and Korea, this is the real ****!!!

On Tuesday we get Wikileaks+WW3/Korea mixed into one huge story as the leaks focus on Korea :biggrin:
Reply 126
What is most disconcerting is that our governments' respective cyber-defence divisions haven't even the capability to stop a massive leak from hitting the internet..
Reply 127
Original post by ilovedubstep
I'm looking forward to Obama's comments on David Cameron.

What happened here?
Original post by RyanT
On Tuesday we get Wikileaks+WW3/Korea mixed into one huge story as the leaks focus on Korea :biggrin:

Looks like this week isn't going to be that boring after all :teeth:
Reply 129
Original post by x-friends
Went through it briefly. They already have Arab leaders (Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Bahrain) telling the US to attack Iran. That in itself is a disgrace!

I'm glad that it demonstrates the Americans showed restraint when it came to Iran, they had support and even pressure from all the Arab states and Israel to launch both aerial and ground attacks on Iran - but they didn't.
Reply 130
Original post by RyanT

Is there a official website where all the leaks are posted, or?
Original post by RyanT

Tuesday is the last day in November and therefore the last day for WW3 to start, according to Baba Vanga :smile:))
Reply 132
Original post by x-friends

Why? Why should other middle Eastern leaders put up with a nuclear Iran that will destabilise the area and cause a possible nuclear arms race
Original post by Shadowplay
Tuesday is the last day in November and therefore the last day for WW3 to start, according to Baba Vanga :smile:))

Her predictions are ****ing scary!!!! :zomg:
Reply 134
This kind of reminds of me of someone sending a bitchy text, and sending it to the person they were bitching about by accident.

I love it.
Reply 135
Original post by 4TSR
Oh bloody hell! the site is down... F*** OFF USA! we want the truth damn it! We know most of the things anyway, but having them leaked and making them fact is a whole step up.

Edit: http://cablegate.wikileaks.org/

-J
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 136
Original post by Shadowplay

Yup, :wink:
Reply 137
Original post by J.Thyme
http://88.80.13.160/ not if you use their IP. BUT, they've taken the site offline for "maintenance"....

Has anyone actually got hold of any of the files yet?

-J

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/interactive/2010/nov/28/us-embassy-cables-wikileaks
Original post by The Cornerstone
Her predictions are ****ing scary!!!! :zomg:

Yeah, I'm already planning my escape to South Africa because of the radioactive showers here. :redface:
Original post by MoanyLisa
Tell me about it.

2011: As a result of the war, radioactive showers will destroy almost all life in the Northern Hemisphere. The remaining Europeans will face an even further threat from the Muslims who will use chemical weapons to finish them off.
...wtf? :frown:

2016: Extraterrestrials will make contact with Earth. <--- Can't wait :biggrin: :lol:

Scroll down, it gets worse...and weirder!!!

Quick Reply