The Student Room Group

Girlfriend trust issues

I've told her secrets about my friends and she's told everyone.
After her pressuring me to tell and promising she wouldn't tell a soul.

Months before meeting she slept with a guy and led him on, then pulled another guy right in front of him a couple of days later. When I found out, before we were dating, I told her what a horrible thing it was to do to someone and got a little mad at her. She calmed me down.

Then I find out she cheated on an ex with another guy. And she tries to confuse me that was what I had got mad about before. Then she tells me it's none of my business anyway - well to the contrary it makes me think she's not trustworthy.

She's not cheating on me, but the fact she knows I love her leaves me no room for leveredge because she thinks she can do anything and get away with it because I won't break up with her.

In actual fact, I definitely would even if I love her. I'm definitely not clingy but she thinks she can get away with anything.
Reply 1
Dump - before you end up in a dump.
And you're posting this series of statements because...
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
I've told her secrets about my friends and she's told everyone.
After her pressuring me to tell and promising she wouldn't tell a soul.

Months before meeting she slept with a guy and led him on, then pulled another guy right in front of him a couple of days later. When I found out, before we were dating, I told her what a horrible thing it was to do to someone and got a little mad at her. She calmed me down.

Then I find out she cheated on an ex with another guy. And she tries to confuse me that was what I had got mad about before. Then she tells me it's none of my business anyway - well to the contrary it makes me think she's not trustworthy.

She's not cheating on me, but the fact she knows I love her leaves me no room for leveredge because she thinks she can do anything and get away with it because I won't break up with her.

In actual fact, I definitely would even if I love her. I'm definitely not clingy but she thinks she can get away with anything.

my bold
Reply 5
Original post by -beads-
Dump - before you end up in a dump.

It's easy to say dump...but really the secrets were more like sexual escapades of my friends - not major stuff but interesting gossip for her mates. I'm only really giving you a half story - she is great in other respects.

I just think there has to be a better way of handling bad behaviour from someone you've been dating for 5 months rather than just dumping them.

I don't want to be in a relationship right now so she is on the cliff - but I don't feel like pushing her off yet; she's cute, funny, kind and loves me a lot - and it's not all that easy to find a girl like that.
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
It's easy to say dump...but really the secrets were more like sexual escapades of my friends - not major stuff but interesting gossip for her mates. I'm only really giving you a half story - she is great in other respects.

I just think there has to be a better way of handling bad behaviour from someone you've been dating for 5 months rather than just dumping them.

I don't want to be in a relationship right now so she is on the cliff - but I don't feel like pushing her off yet; she's cute, funny, kind and loves me a lot - and it's not all that easy to find a girl like that.

then ignore the situation for now, if it happens again then do what is necessary

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending