The Student Room Group

Girls, why can I always feel my tampon?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
i've used tampons for years and only ever felt it if i haven't put it in far enough?
Original post by iLoveRandomness

I only use OB which are quite stiff, and I only feel them when they're not deep enough and at the right angle. They're supposed to go : back and then up.

Btw, anyone know what brand is the closest to OB? I found that OB don't sell in the UK and Tampax are plain disgusting, they have no shape and stiffness and just look like a re-re-re-recyled thing.

Lilets I've found are very similar, just the only difference is that they don't have the 'pro comfort' silky outing on them.
Original post by raspberrybubbles
Lilets I've found are very similar, just the only difference is that they don't have the 'pro comfort' silky outing on them.

Thank you! I will try them :smile: They give out samples on their website, but I live in uni halls and I'm a bit concerned about how they might label the parcel....
Reply 43
Thank you! I will try them :smile: They give out samples on their website, but I live in uni halls and I'm a bit concerned about how they might label the parcel....

normally things like that just come in a pretty normal brown or white envelope :smile:
Reply 44
I have the same problem.
Are you certain it's in far enough? A couple of inches is a lot.

Try non-applicator and really shoving it in there!
Same ugh!!! My fingers are touching my body and when I insert it I can still feel it!!!!!! It so aggravating. I know it’s 8 years later. But I wanted to know if you ever were able to do it? And if u wet Abel to do it what did u do differently? Thank you.
Reply 47
I’m 16 and I have the same problem it’s literally so frustrating. It’s a rare occasion for me to be able to put in a tampon without my feeling it. It probably happens every 1 and 30 times I use one that I don’t feel it and when that happens it’s usually a light tampon. I feel the struggle babes
I just started using tampons and I have maybe 2-3 cm of the thread sticking out but I can still feel it. I also am using one of the lower/“regular” absorption ones. Could it just be me overthink it or have I done something wrong?

Also, it doesn’t hurt, I just kinda can feel that it’s there, it’s not really bothering me... should I still leave it in?
(edited 4 years ago)
I have had the same issue for years. I started my periods when I was 9, now I’m 16 and I still can’t feel comfortable with tampons. Most of the girls my age a school use tampons and say they are great, so I feel like a failure compared to them. I tried multiple times with the tampons but last time it got stuck and it hurt so bad to get it back out. 😭 Ever since then I haven’t dared to try them again.
The first time I used a tampon it really hurt to both get it in and out. But I googled it and you have to be on your period with your normal flow because if it isn’t wet it will hurt a lot to get out. And also you have to point it kinda backwards, try using the handle of a makeup brush to practice, this way you can easily slip out the handle and try again. That worked for me! I’m 13 and I’ve been using tampons for one and a half year :smile: I hope this helped lol
where is rule that say you shouldnt be able to feel these things ? I feel my tampons quite a lot and its a bit annoying in hot weather, but I learned to accept it. I found exercise and not wearing jeans, only skirts and dresses has helped during those times.
Original post by Anonymous
Every time I put a tampon in, always feel it whatever I'm doing whether that be standing up straight or sitting down. I thought you weren't meant to be able to feel these stupid things? For God's sake I'm 17 now and have been trying to use tampons since I was 13 and I've always been able to feel them!! :angry:

My fingers are touching my body when I push it in so how can it not be going in far enough? There are a couple of inches of string hanging out - is that normal or too much? Is it my hymen? Will I need to lose my virginity before I can use them? It was stupid of me but I thought it would work this time because I've started masturbating quite often and my one finger is as wide as a tampon so I thought finally I'd be able to do this.

I have tried Tampax original, Pearl and Compak (the smallest size for all), I always use lube or it burns and I always use applicator. My mum can use them fine so I don't think it's genetic.

It's just really annoying me because I've been trying to use these for years and I just feel like a failure of a girl :cry2: Like I've literally been crying for an hour. Most women can put in a ****ing tampon and it makes me feel so pathetic that I've been through like 3 boxes and never been able to do it! :mad2: :frown: I'm going on quite a few trips this year and I can't use a tampon so I'm ****ed. Any advice please? Sorry for the anger, I'm feeling annoyed at and sorry for myself.

Thank you!

The more upset and the more you think about it the harder it will be to insert as the muscles can tighten making it harder for anything to go in. Do you have problems with sex? Because there is a condition that makes it painful and very difficult to use tampons xx might be worth going to see a family medicine doctor or a gyno xx
I don't really know I'm 11 and starting to try them Ive only used a couple and I can feel them smh I recommend either just trying again or using a menstrual disc or cup
So you might be using a size too big. If your using regular or high by time ru song light. I need to buy light tampons because I had the same problem. And even virgins can use tampons. Also tampon should aren’t for s very one but definitely try the light tampon first. Every woman is different so if this doesn’t work then try google.
You do not need to lose your Virginity in order to insert a tampon. The idea that the vagina gets “loose” after sex is a myth. There is nothing you need to “pop” or “break” in order to insert a tampon. Every person with a vagina is different! The hymen can be stretched during sex and childbirth. The vagina is a muscle, so even if it is stretched out, it’ll return to its original state. If you can still feel your tampon, it’s because it is not deep enough (or you’re using the wrong size). You need to make sure you are using the correct size. The sizes generally range from L (Light) R (Regular) and H (heavy). This is referring to how heavy your flow is.

Try pushing it in a little bit more. If you cannot use a tampon, it does not make you any less of girl. Everyone’s body is different! Pads are great and I prefer them over Tampons. But Tampons can be great too! ❤️❤️
(edited 2 years ago)
Please stop worrying, I am in my mid 30s and still can not use them. I have a child and had various forms of contraception. Some of us just aren't built to use them. As for using pads, these are not disgusting. If u are not happy using disposable pads then invest in reusable ones (kinder for the environment and very comfortable).There is nothing wrong with you or what choice you make around which product to use. Of course if you want to keep trying then do so but periods are stressful enough to then be worrying about this.

Quick Reply

Latest