The Student Room Group

help with a guy that i like?

hey, there is this guy that works in the local morrisons, and i hink hes really attractive and would love to talk to him and get to know him. But he's a stranger, and i dont have the confidence to talk to him.
ive never seen him outside of his workplace, but yano. i just really want to talk to him, any hel[ful tips on how i could?

oh, my mom went shopping with me to morrisons the other day and she said that he kept staring at me? im not like saying that he likes me to, because it was just a stare. but please, help?

xx
Reply 1
zero 1 knows of a similar situation, if you play it right it will work, but you need to be careful with it or it can go south. go in regularly, work out what days he works. do you know where in the shop he works? tills, patrolling the shelves etc?

if on the tills just buy some stuff as often as possible and bring in some small conversations about the weather, your/his day to start with, lots of eye contact/smiling. do this several times, maybe go in several times in the same day to build up familiarity, and so he doesn't forget you. don't over do it though, start small, and build up over time.

once you have achieved some level of familiarity, make sure you introduce yourself, follow this with a few more short conversations and then ask if he wants to go get a beverage at some point.

same deal if he is generally patrolling round the shop, although slightly harder as you have to locate him. after doing that just ask a question about a product, and start and conversation while he is helping you.

you will have to make a few snap decisions and judge the situation for yourself as to how fast you progress, it might take a few visits, or it could go fast. try not to make it too awkward for him, as he does have to work there still, and can't easily escape the situation, whereas you can.

him staring at you could be due to several reasons, he may like you, think you look a little shady, look better than the rest of the people who shop there, or it could be that you focus on his stares more than everyone else's, so be careful when using that.

as for your confidence, ask yourself whether you would rather talk to him or stay in your comfort zone, the answer is fairly obvious. so just push yourself into the situation, *******s to the consequences, get out there and get what you want, it wouldn't be worth it if it was easy now would it? dare to be, and you will be to dare.

remember to stay relaxed and calm too, don't over think the situation, just go with it.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Zero 1
zero 1 knows of a similar situation, if you play it right it will work, but you need to be careful with it or it can go south. go in regularly, work out what days he works. do you know where in the shop he works? tills, patrolling the shelves etc?

if on the tills just buy some stuff as often as possible and bring in some small conversations about the weather, your/his day to start with, lots of eye contact/smiling. do this several times, maybe go in several times in the same day to build up familiarity, and so he doesn't forget you. don't over do it though, start small, and build up over time.

once you have achieved some level of familiarity, make sure you introduce yourself, follow this with a few more short conversations and then ask if he wants to go get a beverage at some point.

same deal if he is generally patrolling round the shop, although slightly harder as you have to locate him. after doing that just ask a question about a product, and start and conversation while he is helping you.

you will have to make a few snap decisions and judge the situation for yourself as to how fast you progress, it might take a few visits, or it could go fast. try not to make it too awkward for him, as he does have to work there still, and can't easily escape the situation, whereas you can.

him staring at you could be due to several reasons, he may like you, think you look a little shady, look better than the rest of the people who shop there, or it could be that you focus on his stares more than everyone else's, so be careful when using that.

as for your confidence, ask yourself whether you would rather talk to him or stay in your comfort zone, the answer is fairly obvious. so just push yourself into the situation, *******s to the consequences, get out there and get what you want, it wouldn't be worth it if it was easy now would it? dare to be, and you will be to dare.

don't do that, that's called stalking,

just buy something, go to his till and get your tits out. :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending