The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Official Warwick Applicants Thread 2011

Scroll to see replies

Hi, I want to go to Warwick to do physics, but I have applied to do an MPhys (F303) and was wondering if anyone that has gotten an offer from Warwick or if anyone else knows if the offer requirements change depending on if you have applied for an MPhys or a BSc? I can change my application to a BSc but wondered if I was more likely to get a place if I did?

I'm doing Maths w/ Mech , Physics and Psychology at A level and I'm predicted ABA respectively.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can answer this :smile:
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 941
Original post by Pigeon93
Yeah. But I don't know how suitable it was for Warwick - I went on about econ when there really isn't that much of it in the n200 course. So i wouldn't worry too much. As long as you sound like an interesting, motivated person, and have good grades, then you have a good chance. I think I have some unique things in mine, but now when i reread it i don't particularly like it anymore. You've probably read yours a million times and think it sounds dull for this reason. That happens for most people i guess.

LoL! I read my personal statement only once after I sent it. I'm just afraid to look at it again.
Reply 942
Let's make it to 1000 posts by tomorrow
Original post by Achso

Original post by Achso
Wow, how did you manage to get an AAB offer? Mine's AAA, I was kinda counting on warwick to be my insurance :s-smilie:

Well done by the way :biggrin:

Thanks ^^ I have no idea how i got that offer. Some people did say its because i'm an international...but i really don't know.

Congrats on your offer as well btw. :smile:
Reply 944
Getting more and more desperate for a MORSE interview now....... :frown:
Reply 945
Original post by Ultimate1
Getting more and more desperate for a MORSE interview now....... :frown:

When did you send off your application? I've heard they do interviews every Wednesday until around March time so try not to panic yet. :smile:
Still nothing from PAIS, and looking at last years thread, it could be March before they respond :frown: anyone heard anything??
Reply 947
Original post by broadwayrachael
Still nothing from PAIS, and looking at last years thread, it could be March before they respond :frown: anyone heard anything??

PAIS>PPS (yuck, but it's Cam I guess)
Original post by Focus08
PAIS>PPS (yuck, but it's Cam I guess)

haha :tongue: it certainly is Cambridge.. I love psychology too though, although my focus is on politics and IR :smile: both suit me just fine! I like the courses equally as much as the other :biggrin:
Reply 949
Original post by alexx :)
When did you send off your application? I've heard they do interviews every Wednesday until around March time so try not to panic yet. :smile:

My application reached Warwick on 12/10/10. Yeah I know the opens days are on until March but still it's hard not to get worried :lol:
Reply 950
I'm an independent student applying for History of Art but my tutor hasn't finished the reference yet, I'm so annoyed - wish she would hurry up!! As long as my UCAs application is sent off before 15th Jan then I suppose it's okay? :frown:
Reply 951
Original post by IanLim93
you're bound to get one don't worry :smile: Compared to you i have no clue why they picked me :P probably cause of international fees :/ but yeah good luck with your offers :smile:

where else you're applying to? :smile:

noo don't be silly, i'm sure ur an amazing candidate! :smile:

im applying to lse ( management sciences) warwick ( management) bristol ( management) and nottingham ( management studies) what about you?

i wrote about game theory in my personal statement and only lse teaches that so maybe thats why i havent heard anything, they probably think i didnt pay attention to their course lol. when did you send your ucas off? :smile:
Original post by Power1
noo don't be silly, i'm sure ur an amazing candidate! :smile:

im applying to lse ( management sciences) warwick ( management) bristol ( management) and nottingham ( management studies) what about you?

i wrote about game theory in my personal statement and only lse teaches that so maybe thats why i havent heard anything, they probably think i didnt pay attention to their course lol. when did you send your ucas off? :smile:

only 4 universities? i applied to loughborough (accounting and financial management), warwick (management), southampton (management), reading (business and management), East Anglia ( Business management)

i send my ucas off on the 26th of october and i got offers from all of them so maybe my personal statement is strong? :smile:
Reply 953
I'm applying for Classics for entry in Fall 2011... Is anyone else here applying for Classics? Has anybody gotten an offer yet?
Reply 954
Just got my offer this morning! :smile:
Got an offer for law! Surprised they replied so quick but am glad they did
Reply 955
Original post by rhea45
Just got my offer this morning! :smile:
Got an offer for law! Surprised they replied so quick but am glad they did

WHOA! Good job! Did you find out through email/post/ucas?
Reply 956
Any PPE offers? If so what are they?
Reply 957
Original post by IanLim93
only 4 universities? i applied to loughborough (accounting and financial management), warwick (management), southampton (management), reading (business and management), East Anglia ( Business management)

i send my ucas off on the 26th of october and i got offers from all of them so maybe my personal statement is strong? :smile:

oops i forgot to mention kings- business management! oo that's still quite early, i sent mine off sometime this month maybe 2/3 weeks ago. yep i'm sure its really strong, nice talking to you and best of luck with everything :smile:
Reply 958
Original post by TurnerE
WHOA! Good job! Did you find out through email/post/ucas?

I found out through UCAS :smile: The whole 'something in your application has changed' email. Have you applied for law as well?
Reply 959
Original post by rhea45
I found out through UCAS :smile: The whole 'something in your application has changed' email. Have you applied for law as well?

No, I've applied for Classics :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest