The Student Room Group

what do guys think of women that don't ever want children

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Cicerao
So far, yes. Yet there is no guarantee your child won't go off the rails and not give a damn, no matter how hard you try.

I think all of your reasons for wanting kids are selfish and idiotic, does that mean they aren't good? I'm sure they make perfect sense in your breeder mind.

People decide they don't want kids after all all the time, when they realise that it's not all fun and games and nativity plays and "they'll look after you!!1!One!!1" which isn't always the case at all.

You come across very cynical, are you a cynical person? stop being so cynical.
Reply 81
women who were abused as children or who didn't receive a good upbringing from their parents usually do not want to have children. it's a psychological fact. even oprah winfrey said that because she was abused by her parents and older relatives it led her to not want to have any kids.
Reply 82
Original post by BlackVenom321
You come across very cynical, are you a cynical person? stop being so cynical.

Just telling it how it is and speaking from experience, bro.
Reply 83
Original post by thewiseone
if that bitch aint gon' have ma kids...

then what she good fo?

/thread

M&S sandwiches are overpriced.

Just sayin'.
Reply 84
I don't want kids, some of the men on here crack me up. It's a life choice, you're as bad as the religious preachers in the Theology forum. In fact, I wonder how many of you are religious.
Original post by Cicerao
Just telling it how it is and speaking from experience, bro.

:colonhash:bro
Original post by Cicerao
So far, yes. Yet there is no guarantee your child won't go off the rails and not give a damn, no matter how hard you try.

I think all of your reasons for wanting kids are selfish and idiotic, does that mean they aren't good? I'm sure they make perfect sense in your breeder mind.

People decide they don't want kids after all all the time, when they realise that it's not all fun and games and nativity plays and "they'll look after you!!1!One!!1" which isn't always the case at all.

Well the majority of kids don't go off the rails, and if they do realise and get back on it. Especially in my family, i've been raised well and so have every faith that my kids will be too.

You've got to realise, i'm not saying OMDZZ YOU HAVE TO HAVE A KID RIGHTNOW!!...If you're an idiot and you're irresponsible then of course I dont want you to have any kids, you'd be a terrible mother. When you've come to the realisation that its not all fun and games, especially in the beginning - and lets not forget people mature and become more and more responsible with age, then I think ruling something that is a clearly natural part in life (lets not forget women are their shape for a reason, to bear children) then its totally ignorant.
Reply 87
Well the majority of kids don't go off the rails, and if they do realise and get back on it. Especially in my family, i've been raised well and so have every faith that my kids will be too.

Doesn't matter how well you bring them up, it happens.

Original post by HumanNature1992
When you've come to the realisation that its not all fun and games, especially in the beginning - and lets not forget people mature and become more and more responsible with age, then I think ruling something that is a clearly natural part in life (lets not forget women are their shape for a reason, to bear children) then its totally ignorant.

No, it's called a preference.

My boyfriend is 28 and adamant he doesn't want children, is he "immature"? "Ignorant"? Do you think he needs to become "more and more responsible", being a feckless 28 year old child? No, he just has a preference, and not everyone has to have children. You are the one who needs to grow up and mature, and see that not everyone has to follow the same path in life.

You are an idiot, I pity your future children.
Reply 88
Original post by BlackVenom321
:colonhash:bro

I was going to type sir but I thought you'd probably take it in a sarcastic way.
Original post by Cicerao
Doesn't matter how well you bring them up, it happens.

No, it's called a preference.

My boyfriend is 28 and adamant he doesn't want children, is he "immature"? "Ignorant"? Do you think he needs to become "more and more responsible", being a feckless 28 year old child? No, he just has a preference, and not everyone has to have children. You are the one who needs to grow up and mature, and see that not everyone has to follow the same path in life.

You are an idiot, I pity your future children.

Did I say everone has to have children? The original topic was "what to guys think of women that don't ever want to have children?" and I stated that they weren't for me. And did I say anyone who didnt want children were immature and ignorant? Did I? No so shut the fu*ck up. I said people with age do tend to get mature with age and know more about what they want later in life, and since this is a forum catering to what? 18 year olds on average? Half the women here dont know what they'll want in 10 years time, especially with something so sensitive as giving birth - that's why its silly to rule it out AT THIS AGE.

Thanks for resorting to calling me an idiot, appreciate it. I pity your relationship with your pervey boyfriend who you met on Omegle O_o :borat:

:smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 90
... I think ruling something that is a clearly natural part in life (lets not forget women are their shape for a reason, to bear children) then its totally ignorant.

It's "ignorant" to not follow nature? So because I have a womb I should HAVE to have children against my own inclinations? Or I should, impossibly, force myself to want them? I'm not even totally against having kids but I think that was a ridiculous thing to say.
Original post by Jelkin
It's "ignorant" to not follow nature? So because I have a womb I should HAVE to have children against my own inclinations? Or I should, impossibly, force myself to want them? I'm not even totally against having kids but I think that was a ridiculous thing to say.

No, that's not what my point was. The nature part was just an added incentive, my point was at a young age, (in context with the age of this forum and the rest of my post) that its somewhat ignorant seeing as people mature with age and dont know for sure what they want at this age especially with a topic like giving birth. I didnt mean it as THAT everywoman should give birth because their body requires it. It doesnt bother me if you or anyone else decides to have children - it has no effect on me at all, i'm just trying to show another side to it.
Reply 92
Did I say everone has to have children? The original topic was "what to guys think of women that don't ever want to have children?" and I stated that they weren't for me. And did I say anyone who didnt want children were immature and ignorant? Did I? No so shut the fu*ck up. I said people with age do tend to get mature with age and know more about what they want later in life, and since this is a forum catering to what? 18 year olds on average? Half the women here dont know what they'll want in 10 years time, especially with something so sensitive as giving birth - that's why its silly to rule it out AT THIS AGE.

Thanks for resorting to calling me an idiot, appreciate it. I pity your relationship with your pervey boyfriend who you met on Omegle O_o :borat:

:smile:

I called you idiotic because of your point of view on this very topic, whereas you've just served to make yourself look incredibly pathetic by having to resort to looking through my posts in order to find something to insult me with which wasn't even relevant. (Or insulting!)

Yes, I met my boyfriend on Omegle and yes, he is a pervert (in a good way!) As it happens, I have a loving relationship which isn't conditional on the fact I can crap out a kid. I'm content with myself, maybe you should try it sometime. :smile:
Original post by Cicerao
I called you idiotic because of your point of view on this very topic, whereas you've just served to make yourself look incredibly pathetic by having to resort to looking through my posts in order to find something to insult me with which wasn't even relevant. (Or insulting!)

Yes, I met my boyfriend on Omegle and yes, he is a pervert (in a good way!) As it happens, I have a loving relationship which isn't conditional on the fact I can crap out a kid. I'm content with myself, maybe you should try it sometime. :smile:

Hmm well saying something as degrading as "I pity your future children" isnt something one would take lightly...

So you think people who have children aren't capable of having a loving relationship? O_o

Hmm, you seem like a very bitter and cynical person...
Original post by Cicerao
I was going to type sir but I thought you'd probably take it in a sarcastic way.

I don't understad this post
$10 says she'll change her mind by when she's in her mid-30's
Original post by Cybele
Not interested in children in the slightest. I'll never say I won't change my mind, but as it stands I certainly don't see kids in my future. I have absolutely no desire for them!

Where do I meet more girls like you?
Reply 97
Hmm well saying something as degrading as "I pity your future children" isnt something one would take lightly...

So you think people who have children aren't capable of having a loving relationship? O_o

Hmm, you seem like a very bitter and cynical person...

No, I'm not saying that. But my relationship doesn't depend on me popping out his kids for him to love me (some people on this very thread would not love a woman who did not want children) so however amusing or sad you may find it that we chanced upon each other online, I know that we do have a pure and true love, that he wants me for me and not my womb, and I am content with that.

I am very cynical, but I don't have anything to be bitter about, really.

Sorry for my comment, then. This is a subject that gets me angry when people act as if the childfree are somehow unnatural, and I do tend to be quite harsh. I apologise.
Original post by Cicerao
No, I'm not saying that. But my relationship doesn't depend on me popping out his kids for him to love me (some people on this very thread would not love a woman who did not want children) so however amusing or sad you may find it that we chanced upon each other online, I know that we do have a pure and true love, that he wants me for me and not my womb, and I am content with that.

I am very cynical, but I don't have anything to be bitter about, really.

Sorry for my comment, then. This is a subject that gets me angry when people act as if the childfree are somehow unnatural, and I do tend to be quite harsh. I apologise.

Ok lets just leave it at that then, my intention wasnt to get you angry nor force a way of life on someone, it was just meant to offer a different perspective on this sensitive issue which may not have come across as clearly as I had in my head.

Also I apologise for mentioning your boyfriend or whatever, it didnt need to be said.
I couldn't be in a serious relationship/get married to someone who didn't.

Also, I think the dumbest reason to not have kids are people saying things like: "I'm messed up/I've got metal/physical problems and I don't want to pass it on to my kids - it's not fair." Fact of the matter is that every family will have some sort of heart condition or is prone to cancer or some other problem mental/physical problem, and to base a massive life choice on something so stupid is ridiculous.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending