The Student Room Group

what do guys think of women that don't ever want children

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Personally I hope that the woman I marry just wants more cats.
(edited 13 years ago)
Couldn't be with a girl who doesn't want kids. Fair enough if she can't have them, we'd find a way around that, but if she didn't want them I couldn't do it.

I want kids. Women who don't want kids are somewhat odd, but fair play to them, I'm sure they have their reasons.
Good night everybody...
I must say shame on you, SHAME ON YOU! - all people who are 'attacking' and disregarding people who don't want to have children! Questioning their life's worth through the idea of reproduction! Thinking of women as 'odd', 'wrong', 'disgusting'! 'What would she be good for?' 'I can't stay in a long-term relationship with someone who won't because it's a dead end' (That puts you in such a negative light - What does it say about you? That you're nothing but an animal?)

You never thought that you might love a person, and love them for their intelligent conversations, doing everything together, and the beautiful nights spent together? Being completely fulfilled by each other and your careers. Trust me, you wouldn't need anything else. As I don't.

I must say, I feel deeply sorry if you ever do have children. It's people like you with absolute hate, disgust, and disregard for fellow human beings that make this world so intolerant.

You're going to bring up children and teach them to be hateful, 'disgusted' and disregard other human beings.

I feel sorry for you. I pity you.

To be honest with you, you're not showing much difference to an animal, a beast, oh no wait, animals do not hate, they just follow their instinct. Has evolution somehow gone backwards? Deary me!

The world will be so much better off without all your intolerance, and hate towards others, and creating more of yourselves. Shame. on. you. Such horrible people in this world.
Reply 104
I respect her.
Reply 105
Original post by bazoinkers
I must say shame on you, SHAME ON YOU! - all people who are 'attacking' and disregarding people who don't want to have children! Questioning their life's worth through the idea of reproduction! Thinking of women as 'odd', 'wrong', 'disgusting'! 'What would she be good for?' 'I can't stay in a long-term relationship with someone who won't because it's a dead end' (That puts you in such a negative light - What does it say about you? That you're nothing but an animal?)

You never thought that you might love a person, and love them for their intelligent conversations, doing everything together, and the beautiful nights spent together? Being completely fulfilled by each other and your careers. Trust me, you wouldn't need anything else. As I don't.

I must say, I feel deeply sorry if you ever do have children. It's people like you with absolute hate, disgust, and disregard for fellow human beings that make this world so intolerant.

You're going to bring up children and teach them to be hateful, 'disgusted' and disregard other human beings.

I feel sorry for you. I pity you.

To be honest with you, you're not showing much difference to an animal, a beast, oh no wait, animals do not hate, they just follow their instinct. Has evolution somehow gone backwards? Deary me!

The world will be so much better off without all your intolerance, and hate towards others, and creating more of yourselves. Shame. on. you. Such horrible people in this world.

Indeed.

Ignoring the hyperbole, I generally agree that it's not nice to judge someone if they do want children. My problem is that I don't understand what's not to want about children. I'm personally just curious as I don't know why anyone would not want to have a child to love, and receive love from etc. Oh well though, each to their own :yep:
So I have a question- out of all you heroes who are like 'no I want kids' or 'no she must be an unnatural witch', how many of you are willing to be stay at home dads, at least til your kids go to school? Or work part time until your kids are grown up?

Yeah, thought so.
Original post by HumanNature1992
i'm just trying to show another side to it.

a STUPID side to it.
Reply 109
Personally, I want kids so I couldn't be with someone who vehemently didn't want children. If women don't want to have children then I'm perfectly fine with that - their life, their choice. But their goals aren't the same as mine so a relationship ultimately wouldn't work.

But to be honest, the amount of girls who I've known who've said they don't want kids for career reasons etc. then get incredibly broody a few years down the line is significant.
Original post by Chelle-belle
My problem is that I don't understand what's not to want about children. I'm personally just curious as I don't know why anyone would not want to have a child to love, and receive love from etc.

"You never thought that you might love a person, and love them for their intelligent conversations, doing everything together, and the beautiful nights spent together? Being completely fulfilled by each other and your careers. Trust me, you wouldn't need anything else."

When you're completely fulfilled by another person with love you don't really need more love than you already have, otherwise that would be sort of going over the top. Whereas if you're not completely fulfilled by another person's love, yes, you would maybe look towards the love of a child for instance, even a few pets, like many do.
I personally don't want children, so of course I wouldn't judge someone else if they felt the same way. I realise that women will get a lot more hassle for feeling that way, but I have to ask...what's the big deal? Are we facing some sort of population shortage I'm unaware of?
When you're completely fulfilled by another person with love you don't really need more love than you already have, otherwise that would be sort of going over the top. Whereas if you're not completely fulfilled by another person's love, yes, you would maybe look towards the love of a child for instance, even a few pets, like many do.

The insinuation being that people who have children do so to prop-up imperfect relationships and those that don't have perfect relationships. This is no less judgemental than the views you are railing against and no-less wrong either.
Original post by LiberiFatali
Are we facing some sort of population shortage I'm unaware of?

In western europe, yes. This is why we have big problems with UK pensions for example.
Original post by missygeorgia
So I have a question- out of all you heroes who are like 'no I want kids' or 'no she must be an unnatural witch', how many of you are willing to be stay at home dads, at least til your kids go to school? Or work part time until your kids are grown up?

Yeah, thought so.

This, most likely. I don't want kids and I'm engaged to someone who is utterly relieved that I don't! I don't want to be tied down or have problems that I have to fix that aren't caused by me or put up with stroppy kids who'll say they hate me for 10 years while I become bankrupt raising them. I wouldn't feel complete being a stay-at-home mum, I'd feel utterly useless no matter what anyone else said about the virtues of raising kids or how it's much harder than a career. I just want a relaxed life with nieces and nephews maybe who I can hand back at the end of the day, get a good nights sleep and earn a good living :smile: I want to be nice and financially secure, be able to up and leave if I wanted and not have any unnecessary stress in my life!
Reply 115
Original post by ChemistBoy
The insinuation being that people who have children do so to prop-up imperfect relationships and those that don't have perfect relationships. This is no less judgemental than the views you are railing against and no-less wrong either.

This 100%. There are plenty of reasons for having children. You're (hopefully) contributing to the population with educated and resourceful humans and I believe you learn a lot by raising a child and putting your efforts towards another human being (that is not already grown up) and really see outside yourself. It is not without reason that many claim you don't know what it is to be an adult until you've had children. It is really an education and I believe it's the opposite of selfish. Obviously people have different reasons to do so, but those would be some of mine.
In western europe, yes. This is why we have big problems with UK pensions for example.

...No, that's because we have loads of old people, not because we don't have enough people?

There is no insinuation. The lady was saying she didn't understand my reason for not wanting children and I clearly stated my reason.

P.S. I think I'd be the last person to try and be horrible to others on here.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 118
A boy told me off about that once. We were talking about it (just casually, not planning!), and I made the point, and he reacted badly, even then.

I don't care, I couldn't settle down with somebody who really really really wants them because I don't.

I don't see the point in having them if you don't really want them. I have nothing against kids, I'm just not interested in them. I can get along with them fine, I just have no maternal desire, and never more than a cursory interest in the topic.

People will think it selfish of me, and stupid and immature. But it's more immature and stupid to have them just because. Kids are for life and all, and I don't see them in mine.
Original post by missygeorgia
...No, that's because we have loads of old people, not because we don't have enough people?

Same difference. We have a shrinking workforce supporting a growing retired population, unless you propose euthanising old people (or just removing their pensions and letting them starve), what other solutions to this problem are there? (Raising the retirement age to sufficiently higher ages to counter this is clearly very politically unpalatable).
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply