The Student Room Group

Punishing your children......

Scroll to see replies

That woman is a freak of nature with a stupid haircut.
Reply 61
I saw that. It made me think torture, not punishment. Especially to a child so young. The hot sauce was awful enough, as his taste buds would be very sensitive to that. I was awful to watch him just go ahead and do it, obviously it's something he's been through a lot. And hearing him scream when she gave him a cold shower was horrible.

I'd have just sent him to his room...
That's awful! Poor child.
I believe in children being punished for bad behaviour and giving the odd smack in certain circumstances, but I can relate to some of the women in the audience that were crying by the end of that video, because I found it incredibly hard to watch myself. As has been said before - that's not punishment, it's abuse. Poor little guy. :frown:
Reply 64
Original post by Adam Ben
Watch this:

I am interested to hear people's views on this video and issue, some people may have strong feelings against this (it's expected), but regardless it is important to hear both sides of this topic

Do you think disciplining your child is the right thing to do? Or do you think this is too excessive?

I find it interesting how one person's idea of disciplining your child can be completely opposite to some one else's.

Personally, I find this hard to watch, I believe in punishing my children...but not like this, I would probably give them the odd smack once or twice...but this women takes it to a whole new level.

Furthermore, the women seems to have adopted this child...which makes this much more worse...

That poor, poor child. She is a complete bitch, I cannot understand how she was allowed to adopt him in the first place. She is manipulative and cruel, the poor child is obviously petrified.

That poor boy will grow to hate her, she's creating so many problems in the long term too. If that was a child in my care, I have to say that I would have to do something about it, I couldnt just sit by and let her do that to him.
(edited 13 years ago)

Original post by tbm
That poor, poor child. She is a complete bitch, I cannot understand how she was allowed to adopt him in the first place. She is manipulative and cruel, the poor child is obviously petrified.

That poor boy will grow to hate her, she's creating so many problems in the long term too. If that was a child in my care, I have to say that I would have to do something about it, I couldnt just sit by and let her do that to him.

This is absolute BS I'm sorry. Everyone saying that this is torture..curel..etc. This is punishment it wouldn't be punishment if it was nice would it. I've had far worse punishments than this and if you'd seen a video of it you'd probably cry. Do I hate the people/parents that did that to me? NO. Because what I did was wrong and consequentially I did do it again.

You must also understand this probably doesn't happen everytime, maybe once a few months depending on how bad the kid is. Does any really think punishing a child by sending him to his room is actually going to teach him that their are severe consequences for things such as lying.

Every parent has their own form of punishment some (like this) are probably very effective some (like sending your child to the room) probably arn't. I'd imagine some even more hippie parents crying if you even shouted to a child.
Reply 66
Original post by yoyo462001
This is absolute BS I'm sorry. Everyone saying that this is torture..curel..etc. This is punishment it wouldn't be punishment if it was nice would it. I've had far worse punishments than this and if you'd seen a video of it you'd probably cry. Do I hate the people/parents that did that to me? NO. Because what I did was wrong and consequentially I did do it again.

You must also understand this probably doesn't happen everytime, maybe once a few months depending on how bad the kid is. Does any really think punishing a child by sending him to his room is actually going to teach him that their are severe consequences for things such as lying.

Every parent has their own form of punishment some (like this) are probably very effective some (like sending your child to the room) probably arn't. I'd imagine some even more hippie parents crying if you even shouted to a child.

I didnt even mention sending him to his room, so I dont know why you are quoting me as saying that. I do agree with disciplining a child, but this is too extreme. Pouring hot sauce into a child's mouth? Cold shower?! Thats nothing but cruelty!! Do you really think a young child lying deserves this punishment? Sorry but if you think they deserve that level of punishment, you are seriously deluded!!

Also how do we know this doesnt happen all the time?? From the video, it seems to be a regular occurence!!

Yes, children need to learn right and wrong, but there are better ways of going about it.
Reply 67
Wow she'd better hope I never get my hands on her... child cruelty = angry me.

But at the same time, WHY is she doing that to her kid? Why doesn't she love him and want to protect him?
Reply 68
Jessica K? Beagley

4859 Kupreanof St

Anchorage, AK 99507-1012

(907) 522-1499

Thanks to the internet detectives.
the other guy posted this, but that womans a ****ing crazy bitch, poor kid :frown:
Reply 69
Original post by JohnC2211
I've always been a firm believer that if you have to resort to physical violence to discipline your child, then you've already failed as a parent. I was never hit as a child and I turned out fine (ask my parole officer).

well if you turned out fine then that will definetly work for everybody
(edited 10 years ago)

Original post by tbm
I didnt even mention sending him to his room, so I dont know why you are quoting me as saying that. I do agree with disciplining a child, but this is too extreme. Pouring hot sauce into a child's mouth? Cold shower?! Thats nothing but cruelty!! Do you really think a young child lying deserves this punishment? Sorry but if you think they deserve that level of punishment, you are seriously deluded!!

Also how do we know this doesnt happen all the time?? From the video, it seems to be a regular occurence!!

Yes, children need to learn right and wrong, but there are better ways of going about it.

That's your opinion on cruelty, I don't think it is at all. It's not all about punishing them it's about them learning. Whilst I wouldn't use her methods they are her methods. It's like I said before even if she had beaten her child and he was screaming people would be saying she was evil and cruel. Punishment never looks pretty to the eye.
HOW COULD SHE DO THAT TO HIM? The kid couldn't have been older than 6! And of course he would want to lie if he gets punished like that for misbehaving a bit in school, if he didn't have that sense of self-preservation I'd be even more worried. Every kid gets into trouble! Hell, I did all the time and I'm a total goodie two shoes now, and my parents never did anything like that to me. Ever. Sure, they'd smack me when I was much younger but once I'd calmed down they'd come in and talk to me quietly about what I'd done wrong and why they were disappointed in me and I'd promise not to do it again and then I'd get a hug, and then I'd know not to do it again and I actually think my parents felt worse about hitting me than I did about being hit. If parents hit their children or punish them because the parents have lost their tempers then they're more at fault than the child in my opinion, because the child is still learning what's right and wrong, and if they see their parents losing their temper than it's not going to set them a good example. If you want to be a parent you have to be prepared to learn self-control, and this women didn't show any.

What kind of sadistic cow keeps torturing her child when they start crying like that? She is sick, she should be arrested for that. How is she still allowed to keep the kid? Words cannot express how angry I am with that bitch right now, and I've never even met her. That's disgusting.
(edited 13 years ago)
that video sucked to watch :frown:
What a bitch. I wouldnt be surprised if that little kid comes back and ****s her up when hes an adult. That was horrible.
Reply 75
That was pretty OTT.
Maybe she had a childhood like that and wants 2 take it out on her kids, just an idea.
I haven't watched it, but judging by the comments, I disagree with this type of punishment!
Original post by Karishma.18
I haven't watched it, but judging by the comments, I disagree with this type of punishment!

The video is seriously disturbing. You should hear the kid, that's not just crying because he's being punished, he's in actual pain. It's sick.
This is absolutely shocking. All young children lie, they can't help it its part of growing up. He should be taken off her immediately. I cant handle a dot of hot sauce on my tongue never mind a mouthful and for a child its magnified. WHAT A BITCH! This angered me.
:lolwut:

What is WRONG with that woman?!

My mum would shout at me like this and be in my face (and still does sometimes) but DEAR LORD!

She needs to be locked up. Now. :lolwut:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending