The Student Room Group

**** just got real, North Korea deploys missiles at South Korean ship

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
And you guys didn't want Trident :colonhash:
Reply 61
Original post by Aj12
:facepalm2: Your such a failure.

Don't ********* chat as if you know me c***!
Reply 62
Original post by River85
Should not or should? If you mean should, have you heard the story? It wasn't a sea (like one mile off the North Sea coast). It was the South Pacific.

Yes but is has no relevance, no importance.
Reply 63
Original post by dn013
Yes but is has no relevance, no importance.

It's a fascinating story of courage and bravery (and stupidity). It deserves its place on the news even if it's just to teach a lesson. Things like that don't happen often.

It may seem a bit odd having something which may seem quite trivial alongside the potential outbreak of a conflict, but this sort of thing happens all the time. You're always going to get various news stories side by side.

I'd say a fair amount of what's reported in the national and international news is of little to no importance. Especially when it comes to celebrity news.

If you . I just see no reason why it ought to be shifted to local news (and, if it is, which region?)
Reply 64
Let's follow the Ali G style of diplomacy and get some woman to walk in between the two warring parties and get her Babylons out.
Reply 65
Original post by ajtiesto
Don't ********* chat as if you know me c***!

Failure. Just leave run leave the internet. Stop filling the internet with failure
Reply 66
Latest news for those who are interested:

- President of S.Korea has not demanded an apology which is quite strange.
- Plans to fire artillery at the same place as last Tuesday have been put on hold, but are still expected to occur in the next couple of days (probably Wednesday which is when the exercises end with the US).
- US has gone back on their statement of not including live-fire in the drills. Today they were seen shooting mock targets in the water and firing shells.
- N.Korea is pissed. Surprise surprise.
- N.Korea have said if the artillery fire goes ahead as planned then they will attack back as the shells are 'bound to touch their waters'.

The BBC and basically all other western sources are utter crap for this. I strongly recommend this site for fast updates: http://english.yonhapnews.co.kr/national/2010/11/29/26/0301000000AEN20101129010200315F.HTML
(edited 13 years ago)
"Kim shoots a 38 under par, complete with 11 holes-in-one, his first time golfing."

The guy knows what he's doing.
Original post by Sithius
Latest news for those who are interested:

- President of S.Korea has not demanded an apology which is quite strange.
- Plans to fire artillery at the same place as last Tuesday have been put on hold, but are still expected to occur in the next couple of days (probably Wednesday which is when the exercises end with the US).
- US has gone back on their statement of not including live-fire in the drills. Today they were seen shooting mock targets in the water and firing shells.
- N.Korea is pissed. Surprise surprise.
- N.Korea have said if the artillery fire goes ahead as planned then they will attack back as the shells are 'bound to touch their waters'.

The BBC and basically all other western sources are utter crap for this. I strongly recommend this site for fast updates: http://english.yonhapnews.co.kr/national/2010/11/29/26/0301000000AEN20101129010200315F.HTML

Question:
If Seoul is so close to NK and SK have known for decades that NK may attack, why has the capital not changed to somewhere less vulnerable?
Reply 69
Original post by Complex Simplicity
Question:
If Seoul is so close to NK and SK have known for decades that NK may attack, why has the capital not changed to somewhere less vulnerable?

I suppose the cost of relocation would be too high. Now that there is a nuclear threat, there is especially little point in relocating.
Reply 70
I don't really know too much about what exactly the consequences could be if something did break out?
Anyone care to give me a quick and simple overview of the situation? ha

Basically just explaining,
is this a very serious situation? pretty serious? a regular thing that doesn't mean too much?
Is it the kind of thing that the whole world is worried about? who will it affect?
Would we (UK) stay well clear? How much damage could NK do if they chose to launch a full scale attack?
For that last one using the senario of them attacking us would maybe be a good way of explaining it, ha.
Original post by Mann18

Original post by Mann18
And you guys didn't want Trident :colonhash:

What good would Trident do? N. Korea can be obliterated quite easily using conventional missiles and weaponry. Not to mention that the UK is one of the furthest countries away from N. Korea and well out of their nuclear range (if they have one).
Original post by Cll_ws
I don't really know too much about what exactly the consequences could be if something did break out?
Anyone care to give me a quick and simple overview of the situation? ha

Basically just explaining,
is this a very serious situation? pretty serious? a regular thing that doesn't mean too much?
Is it the kind of thing that the whole world is worried about? who will it affect?
Would we (UK) stay well clear? How much damage could NK do if they chose to launch a full scale attack?
For that last one using the senario of them attacking us would maybe be a good way of explaining it, ha.

The UK is safe and I can't see how it would ever come under threat from this. The only thing people are worried about is if China get involved and protect N. Korea which could result in a massive war. If nukes are used then things could get dangerous but none of this is likely to happen. Even if China get involved and ally with N. Korea (which they won't) it'll simply mean there's a big chance US/South Korea lose and nothing changes apart from Korea being destroyed and millions dead + strained diplomatic relations.
Reply 73
Original post by CombineHarvester
The UK is safe and I can't see how it would ever come under threat from this. The only thing people are worried about is if China get involved and protect N. Korea which could result in a massive war. If nukes are used then things could get dangerous but none of this is likely to happen. Even if China get involved and ally with N. Korea (which they won't) it'll simply mean there's a big chance US/South Korea lose and nothing changes apart from Korea being destroyed and millions dead + strained diplomatic relations.

Ahh right okay, cheers for that :smile:
Reply 74
Original post by CombineHarvester
What good would Trident do? N. Korea can be obliterated quite easily using conventional missiles and weaponry. Not to mention that the UK is one of the furthest countries away from N. Korea and well out of their nuclear range (if they have one).

My comment was primarily intended for humour purposes.

We accept no responsibilty for any exaggerations of
nuclear holocaustand our views may not be the views of Universal, or any affliates.
What's with all the support for North Korea on here? :/
Reply 76
so does that mean WW3 is starting ? yayzers.
Reply 77
Original post by OceanInTheSky
What's with all the support for North Korea on here? :/

The X-factor mentality of supporting the underdog

GO wagner!!!! , I mean North Korea :rolleyes:
Reply 78
Hmmm...

Analysts say incidents such as the sinking of the Cheonan warship in March and the recent artillery firing are unlikely to be rogue actions by the North Korean military. Rather, they are aimed at bolstering Kim Jong-un's standing.

"It seems inevitable that it is related to North Korea's succession," said Mark Fitzpatrick of the International Institute for Strategic Studies. "(Kim Jong-un) has no accomplishments to his record. But if he can appear to be in charge of a military that is achieving some kind of military success, it would probably aid his succession."

"Kim Jong-un today showed great courage and tactical awareness defending our great land from a menacing South Korean warship moving in to attack our strong and powerfull nation ordering and coordinating the attack to defeat the warship."

Seriously I bet thats how it went down in North Korea how can a country be that messed up and propaganda fed? How have they not had an uprising and civil war yet are they seriously that well duped?
Reply 79
Original post by King_Blumpkins
What does this mean for our war in the middle east? Are we capable of supporting two wars at the same time?

How about we leave a note behind, "coming back soon food's in the fridge."

And then we go Nk vs Sk...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending