The Student Room Group

Snow

Scroll to see replies

snow in some parts though

I'll just go and ask my snowman...

he says no. :p: But I don't trust him so I'll ask a couple of the many abandoned cars at the side of the road...they don't look impressed. :s-smilie:
(edited 13 years ago)
No, but it has back home. LDRs and snow don't bode well for each other in this country, since the it goes into total shut down :no:
We've got over 4 inches in North Walsham. Had half the day off college, hopefully we will have tomorrow off, as it's still snowing, and it's freezing!
Reply 204
Nope, probably will snow tonight...(checked BBC weather)
Reply 205
No, just lots of frost. We had less than five minutes of snow earlier on, but none of it stuck.

I want snow.
Yer, there's a campervan parked across the street which hasn't moved since the snow began and there's over a foot of snow pilled up on top of it =P I'm supposed to have a driving lesson on Wednesday too, and I hope it's not going to mess me up too much heading home for christmas in a few weeks- Im heading even further north where it's even worse =P
We have about seven inches of snow, or we did in the morning, it's melting now! :frown: I hope it snows lots tonight.
(North East Yorks).

Ours was the only school not to shut! Apart from like a couple of others. We got sent home an hour early though.
Reply 208
Original post by bryyonyy

It's sideways, but definitely snowing where I am :biggrin:

beautiful! where are you?

It's white in Amsterdam too, must remember to make some pics tomorrow ^^
No snow, just ice. I want some snow !
Reply 210
*checks*
NO :frown:
Reply 211
*checks again*
OMG IT ACTUALLY IS.

We've got about 8 inches so far in Edinburgh, and it's been snowing on and off all day. I was wading through the snow at uni before; I'm so glad I brought my wellies :p:!

Original post by Jelephant
Yer, there's a campervan parked across the street which hasn't moved since the snow began and there's over a foot of snow pilled up on top of it =P I'm supposed to have a driving lesson on Wednesday too, and I hope it's not going to mess me up too much heading home for christmas in a few weeks- Im heading even further north where it's even worse =P

Same here! There's a VW type campervan completely covered in snow. I was so tempted to take a photo but I resisted :grin:.
(edited 13 years ago)
Yeh it's about 2 foot outside me house (I live in the north east).

Our school was closed anyway due to teacher training, but other than that it's only shut once in 50 years because of the snow, and even then it was down to not having any grit delivered in time, so for health and safety regulations they had to. Ours will definately be open tomorrow, without a doubt.

Well I'll turn up for the crack anyways, it was canny good when you only have 3 people in a class :smile:
Original post by blueray
overrated? what are you studying? :tongue:

Yeahhhh, like it's too hyped up. Everyone makes out it's amazing, but in reality it's just like another day at school/college, and if anything, my social life was better when I was in college .......I had alot more time on my hands back then.

I'm studying Criminology. You any idea what you would like to study? (should you decide to).
Reply 215
are you off work/school/uni/college

how has the snow affected where you live
Reply 216
Ive had 1cm of snow today, thats it
NO snow for me :frown:
Reply 218
The snow with me has been falling heavily on and off since Friday night, now it's almost up the the roof of the cars in my street and I can't get my own car out the drive.
Original post by Accalia
No, just lots of frost. We had less than five minutes of snow earlier on, but none of it stuck.

I want snow.

Me too :frown: let's pray for snow in Manchester! :p:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending