The Student Room Group

The big wikileaks thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
Original post by sahil112
i am not going to lie my deen is not very strong but i can be a nice person with good manners :smile:
and my mum has nuthing to do with this -_-

cool story bro...
Reply 201
Original post by Ninat
I don't really understand this wikileaks thing at all?

Can someone please explain it to me in simple terms, as though you were explaining it to a 10 year old kid...

how did wikileaks get hold of all of this information?
why are they releasing it now? and why isn't the government stopping them?
why is it such a big deal?

quote me also, thx.

use wikipedia to learn more abouyt them, they have been around for some time...
Reply 202
Original post by Dirac Delta Function
The saudis have been sucking foreign imperial power dicks since the creation of the state, in fact it's what they did to create their state. They need to continue sucking foreign dick in order to survive. But sucking dick - which the average Saudi male is an expert in - is not enough, it is backed by oil, and when that runs out, so will Saudi's luck. The whole country is basically a temporary business enterprise by a family who will jump ship when the oil starts to run dry, and leave it to the Wahhabis, who they have been using to control the population to prevent them from demanding their rights. Once the Wahhabis rule, it will be exactly like Taleban era Afghanistan.

qft +rep
man this is turning hilarious xD insulting so many foreign nation leaders, Mugabe, Kim Jong Il, Berlusconi, Ahmedinejad - The whole world revolts, condemns the USA for being fake and boycots them. Doubt that'll actually happen

but people are gonna be piiiissed
wikileaks is really cool i wonder how they can find out so much information so fast anyway?
Reply 205
Original post by lukejoshjedi
man this is turning hilarious xD insulting so many foreign nation leaders, Mugabe, Kim Jong Il, Berlusconi, Ahmedinejad - The whole world revolts, condemns the USA for being fake and boycots them. Doubt that'll actually happen

but people are gonna be piiiissed

Now think of the next UN meeting... :rofl:
WikiLeaks: a political Burn Book.
wikileaks still not shut down by all the major players hmmm why not any ideas?
Reply 208
wikileaks is not a terrorist organisation it is an nonprofit information broker. people have a right to know the truth. and quite frankly the world is just stagnating as long as there is no conflict. we need another war or two, cut the populations a bit, reset the economies, reconfigure the teritorial boundaries.
Original post by RyanT
Google for Swedish rape case Julian Assange...:rolleyes:

Googled that exact phrase. No mention of security services having anything to do with it. There doesn't appear to be any proof, and I don't honestly think the US security services are stupid enough as to try it, as it would be way too much of coincedence if found to be true..
read this whops wrong image

(edited 13 years ago)
I was wondering how long it would take it.

Telegraph
It is intent on undermining peace in the Middle East, and discrediting the region’s leaders and Iran in particular.

That, at least, was the view of an Iranian analyst interviewed just now on al-Jazeera. The Wikileaks disclosures should be seen, he said, in light of the battle for power between the Republican and Democratic “factions” in the US regime.

Seems like the President shares similar views:

Press TV
Iran's President has questioned the recent leaked documents obtained and published by the Wikileaks website, saying the US administration "released" material intentionally.

In response to a question by Press TV on Monday over the whistleblower website's "leaks," President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said "let me first correct you. The material was not leaked, but rather released in an organized way."

"The US administration released them and based on them they pass judgment …. [The documents] have no legal value and will not have the political effect they seek," the Iranian chief executive added at the press briefing in Tehran.

Ahmadinejad stressed that the Wikileaks "game" is "not worth commenting upon and that no one would waste their time reviewing them."
wikileaks are getting slowed down
the following message is very frequent

"Oops! This link appears to be broken."
Reply 213
Original post by ilovedubstep
I'm looking forward to Obama's comments on David Cameron.

He already said, when he came over here when Brown was still in, that he was a 'lightweight', or words to that effect. So, that pretty much sets the tone...
Reply 214
:facepalm: how have people not yet worked out that Wikileaks is a modified limited hangout?
It's obviously psychological warfare designed to spread disinformation and present it as "truth", increase support for a war in Iran, and painting Pakistan as a significant danger.

Hasn't anyone paused to think why it's such a huge P.R success for the Israel lobby and maybe causing only a slight embarrassment for the U.S government which will quickly be forgotten? Will anyone please mention one thing this leak has apparently told us what we didn't know already? And how it isn't anything other than blatant manufactured propaganda.
Original post by 4TSR
Now think of the next UN meeting... :rofl:

Lol I imagine that comedy skits about that are being made already

*UN Meeting*
Obama: The US would like to address the issue of the terrorist organisation wikileaks and the controversy surrounding-

Canadas Prime minister: *cough you're liars cough*

Obama: What, what was that?

Berlusconi: Ineffective and feckless am I? USA?

Obama: Prime ministers, please, I would like to finish what I was sayin-

Ahmedinajad: Not only are you infidels are threat to world stability and the real terrorists, you insult Iran and North Korea, countries that openly oppose you, countries with nuclear weapons....

Obama: Gentleman, please, we're all leaders of major nations here, I'd expect some prfoessionalism and level of conduc-

Mugabe: You said I'm Hitler? Really? The 'Charlie Chaplin' mustache doesn't = being hitler or a nazi actually

Obama *leans over to his US correspondent and or the ambassador*: awkwaaaaard

David Cameron: Bloody yanks
Reply 216
Original post by MazalTov89
The most important piece of all the information WikiLeaks has released is that the wife of the president of Azerbaijan has had so much plastic surgery she can barely move her face.

How about Gadaffi's Ukrainian nurse then? I'm curious to see what she looks like :lol:
Geez just how many country leaders and officials has the US slagged off? Like seriously, they really are the *******s of the world
Berlusconi apparently laughed it off when he was told about the wikileaks, and Ahmedinejad held a press conference saying it's all made up by the USA.
Original post by lukejoshjedi
Geez just how many country leaders and officials has the US slagged off? Like seriously, they really are the *******s of the world

And how many have slagged them back?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending