The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Official Warwick Applicants Thread 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 960
Original post by rhea45
I found out through UCAS :smile: The whole 'something in your application has changed' email. Have you applied for law as well?

I'm a Warwick Law applicant too :smile: Congratulations! I wish they'd hurry up and offer/reject me...
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
appying for engineering. is anybody else going to the open day/interview this wednesday? im coming alone from northern ireland :smile:
Reply 962
Original post by rhea45
Just got my offer this morning! :smile:
Got an offer for law! Surprised they replied so quick but am glad they did

When did you send off your ucas form? Still waiting here.
Reply 963
I NEED SOME ADVICEEE!!!:confused:

So i sent my application off and it was processed by UCAS on the 19th Nov.
I am applying for a law course, do you think I sent my application off too late?

I'm predicted 3 As (Sociology, history and English) and i've done some work exp.

I've also applied to: UEA, Sussex, Nottingham trent, and Exeter. Exeter and UEA have sent me acknowledgements, but Warwick hasn't, is this bad?

Also how long does it take to get replies? Loads of my friends have got them already, i'm so worried:frown:
(sorry for all the questions btw just very scared)
Reply 964
Original post by gareth92
When did you send off your ucas form? Still waiting here.

Sent it on the 14th of October, you?
Reply 965
Original post by *BB*
I'm a Warwick Law applicant too :smile: Congratulations! I wish they'd hurry up and offer/reject me...

Yay a fellow law applicant! Thank you :smile: I'm sure you will hear back soon enough don't worry. Is Warwick your first choice?
Reply 966
Original post by spocckka
appying for engineering. is anybody else going to the open day/interview this wednesday? im coming alone from northern ireland :smile:

Hi I'm not going for interview this Wednesday but next Wednesday and I'm coming from NI too, haven't seen anyone else from here on the Warwick forum so far. My interview is for MORSE though. :smile:
Reply 967
Original post by Ultimate1
My application reached Warwick on 12/10/10. Yeah I know the opens days are on until March but still it's hard not to get worried :lol:

I understand, luckily I wasn't too nervous as I hadn't checked the forum and didn't see that people were already getting interviews. I was pretty oblivious and not expecting to hear until January! Keeping my fingers crossed for you! :smile:
Reply 968
Original post by EPW93
I NEED SOME ADVICEEE!!!:confused:

So i sent my application off and it was processed by UCAS on the 19th Nov.
I am applying for a law course, do you think I sent my application off too late?

I'm predicted 3 As (Sociology, history and English) and i've done some work exp.

I've also applied to: UEA, Sussex, Nottingham trent, and Exeter. Exeter and UEA have sent me acknowledgements, but Warwick hasn't, is this bad?

Also how long does it take to get replies? Loads of my friends have got them already, i'm so worried:frown:
(sorry for all the questions btw just very scared)

Not a law applicant but I don't see how it can be too late. I've heard it's good to keep your application form back a while - until at least after the first Oxbridge deadline, because quite often applications before that date they suspect to be those applying to Oxbridge and universities like to think they are candidates first choices. I know it's a month over the deadline but I still think it should be "in time" :smile:
Reply 969
Original post by alexx :)
I understand, luckily I wasn't too nervous as I hadn't checked the forum and didn't see that people were already getting interviews. I was pretty oblivious and not expecting to hear until January! Keeping my fingers crossed for you! :smile:

Thank you! And good luck :wink:

:smile:
Reply 970

Thank you :smile: I think it is definitely the case that too much TSR can scare any half normal person into thinking they're no way getting an offer, so try not to worry! :smile:
Reply 971
Original post by *BB*

This is how I feel about Warwick xD, more anxious after being rejected by Oxford and considering Warwick is the only other one of my choices starting to give out offers...An offer right now would be reaffirming. :tongue:
Reply 972
As long as they get your application by 15th Jan it's not too late.

And :wavey: to the people coming from Northern Ireland this week - I visited NI for the first time last weekend, thought Belfast was great!
Original post by Howellsy
This is how I feel about Warwick xD, more anxious after being rejected by Oxford and considering Warwick is the only other one of my choices starting to give out offers...An offer right now would be reaffirming. :tongue:

I have a theory...

I think that Warwick are mainly giving out Law offers to internationals and only a few home students. I reckon that they'll open the floodgates around mid-late December/early January.

Just felt like letting you know that my friend has a MORSE offer. I think that she may have had it for quite some time!
Reply 974
I've applied to Warwick for law and got an aknowlegment. How long did it take to get the offers, those of you that did? This waiting is nerve-wracking!
Original post by rob...

Original post by rob...
MATHEMATICS G103: conditional offers:
A*A*A & 2/Distinction in STEP/AEA
A*AA & 1 in STEP!

I think I won't be applying to a third COWI uni after all, I shall be very please if i end up here :smile:

Same :smile:
Reply 976
Original post by rhea45
Yay a fellow law applicant! Thank you :smile: I'm sure you will hear back soon enough don't worry. Is Warwick your first choice?

I hope so! Warwick is my joint second choice with Nottingham <3 Wherever I went I'd be happy! How about you?
Reply 977
Original post by Howellsy

Commiserations on Oxford. What is your subject? Where else have you applied? :smile:
Reply 978
Original post by *BB*
I hope so! Warwick is my joint second choice with Nottingham <3 Wherever I went I'd be happy! How about you?

I agree, I'd be happy wherever I go as well, I made sure I chose universities that I'd be happy going to no matter what. Warwick is my third choice along with Exeter
Reply 979
Original post by TZaidi
I've applied to Warwick for law and got an aknowlegment. How long did it take to get the offers, those of you that did? This waiting is nerve-wracking!

Hi there, I got my offer for law 6 weeks after I applied. I agree about the wait being nerve wracking!

Quick Reply

Latest