The Student Room Group

do you open the door when at home alone?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by moanpot
I don't :redface: , mainly because my parents have drilled that into me since I was a small child. Most of the time I just look through the window to see who it is, if its someone I don't know I don't open it. Sometimes if I'm expecting a parcel or something I will ask through the door who it is.
Anyone else do this, or am I the only one?

I rarely open the door, mostly because I'm pretty unsociable and there's always a worrying thought at the back of my mind it's a family member who's come to see my parents unexpectedly but would still talk to me. If I can see it's someone with a parcel, I'll answer it. Tbh, my parents often don't bother answering the door so that's where I've got it from.
Reply 61
I open the door cos it might be a parcel :biggrin:
But one thing I never do is ANSWER THE PHONE. Its scary! haha
"Benevolent Member" "I'm pretty unsociable" im sure your very sociable :smile:
It depends where I am in the house, and if the lights are switched on :awesome:.
what if the curtains are shut...
Reply 65
Yes although it's not something I particularly like doing.
Reply 66
I pretty much always answer the door unless i'm in bed when they knock.
Never!
When I was about nine I read a story in 'Mizz' magazine about a teenage girl who opened her front door to a 'gas man' who then locked her in the downstairs toilet and proceeded to burgle the house! it scared me :redface:
Reply 68
I always answer the door, what if it's something really important and you didn't answer cause it was dark??
Reply 69
I use our CCTV to see who it is, if it was robbers though... I'm armed :sexface:.
Yes, how else will the prostitute come in?
The girls will say no because they're weak and pathetic, and the guys will say yes. Simple.
Reply 72
yea, but with a knife in my hand obviously!
Yes...
I do because I live alone! =) ( however a pair nunchucks might come handy)

btw

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=28689566&highlight=uk%20nuclear%20powe

People spare 10 sec of you lives and make a vote! For and Against Nuclear Power in UK. :cool:
Reply 75
Original post by TomInce6666
noob

l2use shotgun

Sorry didn't get that :s-smilie:
Reply 76
Wtf?Of course i open the door.Im not 10 years old.And if someone really wants to come in and kill me/burglery etc they would kick down the door or go through the window.

And if it happens it happens.
Reply 77
I usually only let them in if they can give me the correct answer to a riddle - just for the LAWLS :biggrin:
Reply 78
I like playing with people at the doorstep.

dude;"Excuse me, are you Mr.Anderson"

*20 second silence

me;"Who is Mr.Anderson"

dude"..."

*20 silence

me;"ow yeah that's me"

dude;"wtf o.O"

*dude leaves
Reply 79
Original post by ussumane
Sorry didn't get that :s-smilie:

*Learn to use a shotgun.