The Student Room Group

Wtf my dad is really pissing me off now :S

So basically the new rule is as long as you live under my roof, you have to follow my rules: the rules are no more going out
Be home before 6
Not allowed on the phone after 9 pm wtf!!!
Forget about friends and going out and everything else
So why is he doing this? His friend’s son saw me at a night club and the D*** told his dad and his dad told my dad...my dad hates me. btw he is muslim i’ve had enough of this and have no money to move out. Im waiting till September to go to uni!! Any advice please..i wana die right now. I have to be home before 6 everyday
I really wana move out right now, i just have no money and don't know what to do, ffk im 19 :frown:

Scroll to see replies

He's your father. Listen to him, respect him and follow his rules since you're 19 and still living at home.
Lol. I doubt your Dad actually hates you.

Wait till September.

I really doubt there is any other sensible option.

Just make sure you do well at Uni and you can do whatever you want.
Reply 3
Original post by I-love-life
btw he is muslim

This may have something to do with it. The alcohol and sexual promiscuity related to clubs isn't really on the pillars of Islam is it?
Christ almighty, that's incredible.

This is what I would do:
Rather than get angry with him, ask him why he feels so strongly about it and show that you understand where is coming from. He'll be pleased you're talking about it properly, so you can explain (calmly and nicely) your side of things and how it will destroy your social life, which is very important to your well being. Make a compromise.

This way you can hopefully maintain some form of social life and survive until Uni.
Reply 5
I agree, cannot argue with him, he's just keeping watch over you, a parents job. My parents arent that harsh but they make a fuss when im out. Basically you have a leash on you untill you're at uni. By the sounds of it you need to get to a good uni, otherwise he wont be happy
Reply 6
his house his rules.
fall in line or move out
Reply 7
Your username is no longer apt :moon:
Reply 8
Tell him if he isn't careful he is going to lose his son. Fight fire with fire, yo. I literally wouldn't want a relationship with my dad at all if he treated me like that, and sometime you have to think if you owuld be better off, no matter how harsh it sounds.
Reply 9
Original post by I-love-life
So basically the new rule is as long as you live under my roof, you have to follow my rules: the rules are no more going out
Be home before 6
Not allowed on the phone after 9 pm wtf!!!
Forget about friends and going out and everything else
So why is he doing this? His friend’s son saw me at a night club and the D*** told his dad and his dad told my dad...my dad hates me. btw he is muslim i’ve had enough of this and have no money to move out. Im waiting till September to go to uni!! Any advice please..i wana die right now. I have to be home before 6 everyday
I really wana move out right now, i just have no money and don't know what to do, ffk im 19 :frown:

Lol, fair enough rule tbh? Can I ask - are you male or female? I know it might seem like the least important thing but it might actually be quite significant! Being home before 6 does seem a tad bit harsh, but ultimately you ARE living under his house therefore you should abide by his rules. If you don't like it then kick. And moneywise, get a job. Or at least look for one. Besides, if you don't have any money how are you gonna go out clubbing and go out to do anything anyway? pssht.
Reply 10
If that was me, I would already have packed my bags, and been on my way to a close friend's house, or my sisters'.
Reply 11
Depends how old you are. If you're 14, fair enough. Over 18 - that's just ridiculous.
I was locked in my house on a couple of occasion.
I wasn't allowed to go to sleepovers, go into town, etc.
I was actually quite a good teen in my early years.
My parents are really strict catholics, and everything I did was 'wrong'. They're also really old, so they're a good 3 generations behind 'today'.
Until sixth form, when I finally stood up for myself and told them how it was. They finally started to realise I wasn't going to stand for it any more. I had to actually become a b**** to my parents just to be able to do things.
I lived at home for the first year of Uni, and it drove me insane. My father and I don't agree on anything. I moved out for second year and it made our relationship SO much better.
You either stand up to your dad, or you wait until university.
Original post by 01010000 01001010
He's your father. Listen to him, respect him and follow his rules since you're 19 and still living at home.

That really winds me up when people come out with crap like that. Fair enough you have to respect your parents wishes to an extent, but just because you live under their roof doesn't mean you should be treated like a prisoner :lolwut:
'i wana die right now' - I can't help but think that's a little bit over-dramatic, even if your dad is being quite harsh with his rules. There are worse things in the world than overprotective parents, TBH. Still, why not talk to your dad like an adult about this situation? You're more likely to win his respect if you prove to him that you're capable of being mature about this.
Reply 15
Original post by mel0n
Lol, fair enough rule tbh? Can I ask - are you male or female? I know it might seem like the least important thing but it might actually be quite significant! Being home before 6 does seem a tad bit harsh, but ultimately you ARE living under his house therefore you should abide by his rules. If you don't like it then kick. And moneywise, get a job. Or at least look for one. Besides, if you don't have any money how are you gonna go out clubbing and go out to do anything anyway? pssht.

im a girl.. I have a part time job but the money isn't enough to pay rent, bills and food. it is enough for going out though :frown:
Try finding a job, or at least some volunteer work. He should eventually calm down if you show you're being responsible and working hard.

Btw are you on a gap year?
Reply 17
break them on the sly, gradually push the boundaries so eventually you dad see it as normal your coming in at around 9 or sumthin, but dont piss him off again otherwise hell remember the rules and your gonna be restricted even worse.
Reply 18
Original post by Alt__x
If that was me, I would already have packed my bags, and been on my way to a close friend's house, or my sisters'.

I don't have any siblings :frown: close frineds live at home too, i cant really go and stay with them til sep
Reply 19
Grit your teeth and do as he says.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending