The Student Room Group

UCAS help please:)

right,
im applying through ucas having had 2 years out since sitting my a levels.
I am resitting one module of my maths alevel to get an a, but am taking the exam in jan at a school different to the one where i sat my a levels the first time round.

Now im filling in my ucas form and have realised itlooks as though i did 2 a levels to begin with and am now picking up a 3rd, 2 years later, at a different school.( i have the third a level- maths, as result pending) Is there a way to make it clear that this isnt the case, and that im only waiting for the results of 1 of the 6 modules???

thank you:smile:
Reply 1
Original post by meskdfffff
right,
im applying through ucas having had 2 years out since sitting my a levels.
I am resitting one module of my maths alevel to get an a, but am taking the exam in jan at a school different to the one where i sat my a levels the first time round.

Now im filling in my ucas form and have realised itlooks as though i did 2 a levels to begin with and am now picking up a 3rd, 2 years later, at a different school.( i have the third a level- maths, as result pending) Is there a way to make it clear that this isnt the case, and that im only waiting for the results of 1 of the 6 modules???

thank you:smile:

Well, you could put the maths A Level and the grade you got originally under your old school, then have maths A Level again under the new school as pending. So you'd have maths A Level twice, if that makes sense?
Reply 2
Original post by schnapster
Well, you could put the maths A Level and the grade you got originally under your old school, then have maths A Level again under the new school as pending. So you'd have maths A Level twice, if that makes sense?

it does indeed make sense...... but is it the correct way to do it??
Reply 3

I think so, that's how you'd normally show you're resitting something - by putting the subject twice with one as pending and one as the old grade. That's what I did and I've got four offers so far anyway :dontknow:. You could still put the module grades in too, to make it clearer. :smile:
Reply 4
brilliant thanks so much :smile:
Reply 5
brilliant thanks so much :smile:

That's ok, good luck with your application :smile:
Reply 6
You could enter all of your Maths modules grades and just put the retake module as Pending?
Reply 7
Original post by Pheebs1201
You could enter all of your Maths modules grades and just put the retake module as Pending?

i doing this now, just 1 quick question,

do i include the module im retaking in the list of all the other modules from the first time round as well as in the second schools list , or leave it as just 5 and list the sixth seperately in the 2nd schools bit....?

sorry, i realise thats hard to understand.....
Reply 8
i doing this now, just 1 quick question,

do i include the module im retaking in the list of all the other modules from the first time round as well as in the second schools list , or leave it as just 5 and list the sixth seperately in the 2nd schools bit....?

sorry, i realise thats hard to understand.....

Umm... I'd put it as pending on both I think.. alongside your other modules on both

Try asking Minerva, she knows the right answers to these things. Shes the one who does all the sticky threads.
Reply 9
Yes.
go with the first comment, also double check with your tutor or someone in charge of UCAS at your school

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending