The Student Room Group

**** just got real, North Korea deploys missiles at South Korean ship

Scroll to see replies

Original post by W.H.T
The X-factor mentality of supporting the underdog

GO wagner!!!! , I mean North Korea :rolleyes:

Well there's a big difference between supporting some bloke on a singing tv programme and supporting a country in a war that would kill thousands and thousands of people...

I really can't see why people would support them, unless they are trying to be funny..which isn't working very well.
Original post by insoms

Original post by insoms
Hmmm...

"Kim Jong-un today showed great courage and tactical awareness defending our great land from a menacing South Korean warship moving in to attack our strong and powerfull nation ordering and coordinating the attack to defeat the warship."

Seriously I bet thats how it went down in North Korea how can a country be that messed up and propaganda fed? How have they not had an uprising and civil war yet are they seriously that well duped?

If the military defected this would all be over but they're the ones enforcing his law.
Original post by lukejoshjedi
Holy crap legit war could actually start.. of course USA is gonna bring its' carriers and or forces within the vicinity of the south Korean targets or it has stationed troops in South Korea already that they'll say are threatened and compromised. Just a reason for the US to finally attack NK?

Who knows but something has to be done, NK has nukes, thinks' it can just shell and attack its' neighbour for no apparent reason with no warning and just do whatever it wants in the world. It's like the 10 year old rich kid of the worlds' nations, it needs to be taught a lesson

The US already has around 37,000 troops permanently stationed in SK.
Original post by dn013
Wait wait wait. What is the provokation a military exercise or NK shelling an island and sinking a SK ship for no reason??

NK shelled the island as a response to the south firing shells into NK waters.
SK openly admits this. So dont say its for no reason.

And just to make it clear, I am in no way siding with NK. Just thinking maybe you should read the facts.
Reply 84
Original post by lonelykatana

And just to make it clear, I am in no way siding with NK. Just thinking maybe you should read the facts.

The South Koreans fired shells into disputed waters. Get your facts straight.
Reply 85
I'll have to work overtime now.
Reply 86
Well I guess next year's trip to SK won't go ahead :frown:
Original post by RyanT
The South Koreans fired shells into disputed waters. Get your facts straight.

Funny, because official statements from the south Korean government say otherwise. They clearly said live fire was accidental fired into north Korean waters. This was quickly stopped, and the chief delegate of inter-Korean general level talks informed the North.

The north then decided to shell the **** out of a mostly civi island anyway
Reply 88
Original post by lonelykatana

Any reason for why NK sunk the SK ship then?

And provide source for your claim that the shelling was in NK water.

Because Pyongyang doesn't even say that. It just says that it was provoked by:

Seoul's military drill near the island.

In fact the area you are talking about has been claimed by North Korea, but is internationally recognized by North Korea.

Facts, facts, facts.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 89
The answer to this is clearly to get Cameron, Obama, Kim, the South Korean Guy, and the Chinese One on Question Time. Dimbleby will sort it.
Original post by dn013
Any reason for why NK sunk the SK ship then?

And provide source for your claim that the shelling was in NK water.

Because Pyongyang doesn't even say that. It just says that it was provoked by:

Seoul's military drill near the island.

In fact the area you are talking about has been claimed by North Korea, but is internationally recognized by North Korea.

Facts, facts, facts.

They sunk the SK ship because they are power mad nutters :smile:
Like I said, im not on NK's side here!

I, unfortunately did not save the source, I will post it once I find it again!

Im guessing you mean to say 'international recognised by South Korea' ?
Well if so, then fair point and I was incorrect.

Its all a bit foolish on both Korea's part if you ask me.
Both provoke eachother on a monthly basis, the north just tend to go about it in an all round more deadly way.
Why do the yanks want to get involved when SK offer nothing much in return for them.
Reply 92
Original post by brokenangel
Why do the yanks want to get involved when SK offer nothing much in return for them.

what happened last time wasnt 'the yanks' it was the UN, as it would probably be again if this kicks off.
Reply 93
Sad face. I left my favourite fountain pen there. Oh, yeah, and my relatives.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending