The Student Room Group

Does anyone have a free site to use for information and work content on As/A-levels??

I just want to have a feel for the work load within each particular subject I have chosen.
Also, as a year 11 student with only 6 months left of school, would you recommend reading books associated with my subjects in order to gain knowledge of the course to lay me in a good position for my year 12 studies???
Reply 1
Original post by iwantsuccess
I just want to have a feel for the work load within each particular subject I have chosen.
Also, as a year 11 student with only 6 months left of school, would you recommend reading books associated with my subjects in order to gain knowledge of the course to lay me in a good position for my year 12 studies???

Yes, I am doing the exact thing you have mentioned. For example, I have borrowed Physics AS and Maths C1 books. I try to read a couple of pages a day and try to understand the content. Do this over summer. When you come back it will give you a huge advantage and concepts will be easier to understand the second time around. Good luck! Out of curiosity, what subjects are you choosing next year?
Reply 2
Are you bengali out of curiousity?
I'm planning on studying English Literature, History, Governement and Politics and Economics hopefully, yourself?
I'm planning on studying English Literature, History, Governement and Politics and Economics hopefully, yourself?

Excellent A-Level choices. In fact, I do them myself, but with Mathematics as a fifth A-Level.

You should buy a couple of books from Amazon, just to get a firm grasp of what you're going to be facing (I did this in year 11 and it's made my A-Levels quite that bit easier!)
Reply 5
You can always have a look at the A Level revision sites
Scool
revision world
get Revising
See my sig for some subjects & a general search engine for a level subjects I found were good.
You can also read through the specification ,found on exam board s websites... If you really want a head start.
Good luck.
Reply 6

Nope, not Bengali :eek:

I'm planning on doing Maths, Further Maths, Physics, Chemistry. Maybe do Biology as well

Quick Reply

Latest