The Student Room Group

How to stop yourself from crying?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Do what I do and build it all up for years until one day you go on an insane killing spree.

That day has yet to come for me though...
Wear ridiculous amounts of non water proof eyeliner and mascara everyday.
And whenever you feel like crying in class, well you know what would happen so you'd manage to somehow stop. Works for most of us girls :wink:
Original post by JackWoot
Do what I do and build it all up for years until one day you go on an insane killing spree.

That day has yet to come for me though...

You are the funniest person in the entire world of TSR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ rep and a huge cheesy grin from me to you. :ahee::awesome:
Throw stuff at walls. Or I bite my tongue and count up in multiples of 5 or square roots.
Reply 44
Original post by IlexBlue
This.
Be reaaally mad, so it overpowers the sadness that makes you want to cry.

Also, blink. A lot. Don't talk until you're sure you've got it under control, since it usually opens the floodgates. And take subtle deep breaths.

Anger makes me cry :s-smilie:
I find taking deep breaths, not talking and trying not to think about anything help.
Reply 45
Usually, i bite my lip,and inside my cheek, breathe in a lot through my nose, and try to avoid talking to anyone. Then, as soon as I get home, I go under the duvet and cry for about four hours straight.
Reply 46
If I'm truly not allowed to cry, I usually look up at something bright (which stops the tears) and think of something hilarious. Thinking of George Osborne usually makes me giggle (he's just so silly)
I find looking upwards helps for some reason.
Reply 48
Try gouging out your eyeballs.

I have empty eye sockets, and it works for me.
Original post by ithoughtofthis
You are the funniest person in the entire world of TSR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ rep and a huge cheesy grin from me to you. :ahee::awesome:

... Is he joking though? :O

If not, his post becomes considerably less jolly and more disturbing.
Original post by alharrison4
... Is he joking though? :O

Obviouslyyyyyyyyyyyyyy :wink:
Thats why I'm still LOLing!!!!:ahee::ahee:
Dont!! I tried to stop myself crying for ages, and now i havent cried in a reaally long time and im beginning to feel dead inside.just be open! i used to hate crying but now i cant!!!!
Reply 52
Original post by jemadore
Sometimes you get really pissed and upset but you dont wanna be seen crying, what do you do>?

Look up. Look to the side.. Generally look at objects. It activates the vision, so tears subside, as eyes aren't good at doing two things at the same time.
I take massive breaths and tell myself "don't cry don't cry don't cry". Thinking about how I don't want to look weak and vulnerable often helps prevent me from crying too. Or I think about something totally different.
Reply 54
I find it pretty difficult actually, at least when I'm having a laughing fit. :rofl2:
Biting my lip until it really hurts
The pain distracts me from needing to cry.
Can't explain how I stop myself, I just do ha.
Calm myself and take a few deep breathes.
go listen to music or go out get some fresh air that can help.
Reply 58
Original post by jemadore
Sometimes you get really pissed and upset but you dont wanna be seen crying, what do you do>?

MAN UP!!
Reply 59
Usually I punch several things then I go outside and take a walk and listen to my Ipod. Teeth clenching and breathing deep help too.

Quick Reply