The Student Room Group

Need help, got an offer anglia ruskin.

I just found out that I recieved an offer from Anglia Ruskin for optometry but it says "ABB, Grades AB must come from Biology and Chemistry. " for the required grades. Does this mean I have to get an A in Biology or can I get an A in chemistry and a B in Biology instead? Thank You :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Killmepls
I just found out that I recieved an offer from Anglia Ruskin for optometry but it says "ABB, Grades AB must come from Biology and Chemistry. " for the required grades. Does this mean I have to get an A in Biology or can I get an A in chemistry and a B in Biology instead? Thank You :smile:

First of all, :five: to a potential fellow ARU optometrist!

I would say that means you can achieve the AB in any combination within biology and chemistry (A for biology and B for chemistry, or vice versa), because otherwise it would have said 'including grades A in biology and B in chemistry'.

However, if in doubt, phone the uni.
(edited 13 years ago)
Just means that out of the three subjects in which you get ABB, two of those subjects should be Biology and Chemistry. I don't think it matters which subject you get an A in.
Reply 3
Original post by TheSownRose
First of all, :five: to a potential fellow ARU optometrist!

I would say that means you can achieve the AB in any combination within biology (A for biology and B for chemistry, or vice versa), because otherwise it would have said 'including grades A in biology and B in chemistry'.

However, if in doubt, phone the uni. Shame I just saw this now, had a lecture with the admissions tutor a few hours ago, could have asked him...

Thanks for that, I am really worried about Biology it's such a hard subject not sure if I can get an A so I had to ask lol. I will try phoning them tomorrow morning :smile:
Thanks for that, I am really worried about Biology it's such a hard subject not sure if I can get an A so I had to ask lol. I will try phoning them tomorrow morning :smile:

You're welcome.

Like I say, I would not interpret that as having to achieve an A in biology, but if in doubt, it's best to confirm it.

If you ever have any questions about optometry at ARU, send me a PM. Where else have you applied to?
Reply 5
You're welcome.

Like I say, I would not interpret that as having to achieve an A in biology, but if in doubt, it's best to confirm it.

If you ever have any questions about optometry at ARU, send me a PM. Where else have you applied to?

Applied to Manchester, Aston, London City and Cardiff :smile:
You are in the 2nd year right? I will drop you a pm later.
Applied to Manchester, Aston, London City and Cardiff :smile:
You are in the 2nd year right? I will drop you a pm later.

Got any offers back from them yet?

Yes, I am in second year, and I'll look forward to your PM. :smile:
Reply 7
You're welcome.

Hi

I was wondering if you could help, do you know if anglia ruskin give conditional offers without inviting students to interviews?

because my friend got a conditional offer to anglia ruskin without getting called to interview, but he was invited to an open day. is this normal?

Also is this open day specific for students with offers for ARU or is it an open day for the whole country?

Thanks for your help :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending