The Student Room Group

Glasgow Medicine Applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by dmz
what were your grades?

predicted A*BB...
Reply 281
Original post by jojo9043
Like all the other applicants who got interview today, whose interview is in December, but mine is in January. Just wondering why they're so generous that give me a month and half for preparation.:confused:

i got an interview for january too. It just means more time to prepare so be happy :biggrin:

unfortunately mine is a few days before my exams but I guess I need to get used to this kind of pressure if I want to be studying medicine :tongue:
Reply 282
Original post by larry000
i got an interview for january too. It just means more time to prepare so be happy :biggrin:

unfortunately mine is a few days before my exams but I guess I need to get used to this kind of pressure if I want to be studying medicine :tongue:

This is the advantage for being in the gap year-no exam, nor study pressure!:tongue:
seen people with 2630 have interviews. if my 2620 doesn't make the cut-off, i will weep, a lot ha.
p.s congrats to those with interviews :smile:
Reply 284
Original post by kKennedy93

Original post by kKennedy93
seen people with 2630 have interviews. if my 2620 doesn't make the cut-off, i will weep, a lot ha.
p.s congrats to those with interviews :smile:

I've gotten an interview for glasgow, and my ukcat score was 655. i've average GCSE's as well, so i'm sure you'll hear something soon, so long as you worked hard on a solid personal statement.
Reply 285
Got an interview for Glasgow on 9th December!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

UKCAT of 695 and average GCSEs and AAB A2 so pretty happy!!

:smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by confuchaz
I've gotten an interview for glasgow, and my ukcat score was 655. i've average GCSE's as well, so i'm sure you'll hear something soon, so long as you worked hard on a solid personal statement.

that's a relief i guess ha. congrats on getting an interview yourself (Y)
fingers crossed my statement's good enough then :/
Reply 287
Original post by jojo9043
This is the advantage for being in the gap year-no exam, nor study pressure!:tongue:

i second this :biggrin:
Reply 288
It seems that everyone who has been interviewed is from England or beyond. Maybe they want to get these applicants interviewed before the weather gets any worse as they would perhaps be unable to get to Glasgow.
does everyone over within the top 800 threshold definately get an interview?? and have all interviews been given out? I got 2712/678 but havent recieved a letter, saying that the post hasent been able to access my house since friday due to snow so im really apprehensive.

To everyone whos preparing for their interview, best of luck!
Reply 290
does anyone know how long it takes for glasgow to tell you whether you have an offer or rejection?
Reply 291
Original post by blueee:)
Thought youd be a good person to ask :smile:
With 677.5 avg UKCAT, and not very amazing gcses at all, do i have a chance to get to the interview stage?

Yeah I'd say so! My gcses are 1 A* 4 A (and 1 A was resat from a B)
However I am hardly in the know.
:smile:
Reply 292
Original post by danman14
does anyone know how long it takes for glasgow to tell you whether you have an offer or rejection?

They tell everyone at the same time in march. This is if you've been interviewed. Without interview is anytime from now onwards I guess.
Reply 293
Congrats to those with interviews. Apparently there are some starting this week. If I see any scared looking people in suits I will talk to them :biggrin:
Original post by lekky
Congrats to those with interviews. Apparently there are some starting this week. If I see any scared looking people in suits I will talk to them :biggrin:

You wonderful man. :smile: Is this interview one where they try and "push" you??
Reply 295
Original post by laurencebaker1
You wonderful man. :smile: Is this interview one where they try and "push" you??

*woman

Not really, no :smile:
Make sure you know everything there is to know about the course.
Original post by confuchaz

Christ! It's so painfully close. I have a score of 650 so will be totally borderline. The only thing Is I am going for deferred entry so I'm not sure if i'm judged by this years cut off score or the predicted score for next year (which will undoubtedly be higher again).

Haven't heard anything yet but I am hoping this is either due to postal problems or the fact they maybe interview deferred entry candidates later on in the cycle?

I'll keep you all posted. If I get a rejection then we can assume 650 was the cut off score.
Reply 297
Original post by lekky
*woman

Not really, no :smile:
Make sure you know everything there is to know about the course.

couldn't possibly wish for someone like you more right now! :smile:. All I know about the interview is there are 2 panel members. Anything else? Like any tips? What kinda question do they ask the most? What criteria's are you assessed on?
Reply 298
Hey guys just wondering has everyone got an interview offer by letter ? since i have got a score of 665 and am a gap year applicant so im assuming i may get an interview .. if i do im worried since some interviews are as close as 10th of december =/
Reply 299
I've got an interview for this coming friday (3rd Dec), anyone else?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending