The Student Room Group

Londoners! Where's the best place for me to live?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
West London, Twickenham, Richmond, Richmond and Isleworth etc.
Peckham, Brixton, Crystal Palace, Deptford, Gipsy Hill, Norwood and Lambeth
Original post by happyfeet*

Nahh matee, dun knoww bout Norf Weezy. Brap Brap.

na fam we got da bouncy castles n ting dwn here init doe. We got bare tings bruv. Man aint gna be bored wen he cmes dwn here init. Man dnt wanna be reeadin books dwn north london init haha. wha u got dwn der? nuttin blud, get me.
I assume you'resharing with a budget of that. I recommend West London.

You could try Hammersmith, very student/young professional crowd, pushing your budget though. Other "A-list" areas would be Putney, Fulham, Baron's Court, West Ken, Richmond, Turnham Green, Brook Green. Again, maybe too much bunse.

Then after that you have Shepherd's Bush, Acton, Ealing.
Original post by Milk <3
youre from glasgow and you want to move to london?! its awful here mate coz of multiculturalism. im really welcoming of people from different races and religions to our shores coz it makes a change but now coz of total multiculturalism nobody white or christian feels like they fit in anywhere, you cant find anybody within a mile you have anything in common with AT ALL

Where do you live? :confused:
Original post by oh-my-diddy
na fam we got da bouncy castles n ting dwn here init doe. We got bare tings bruv. Man aint gna be bored wen he cmes dwn here init. Man dnt wanna be reeadin books dwn north london init haha. wha u got dwn der? nuttin blud, get me.

LOL, bruv we gots everifin, swings n rollercoasters n all dat shiz yeh. snm.

reading books? lol. Hendon Library FTW.
get a nice place in Hammersmith. Or Islington if yo ucan afford that, or Statford, or like Finchley
Depends what you want from the area you live in. There's a whole load of places you could move to, but each has its own drawbacks and benefits, and different places can be very different. Seems kinda pointless giving you a massive list of names that won't mean anything to you.

LOL, bruv we gots everifin, swings n rollercoasters n all dat shiz yeh. snm.

reading books? lol. Hendon Library FTW.

naaaa blud we got thorpe park init!!!! (Actually thats not in east london......but still............init!!) so like we gt rollercoasters too blud. Na blud man was at stratty library few hours ago init tryna bang out sum work bruv buh sum man almost got shanked blud (In an innappropriate area on his body). Buh uvva den dat, dis place is bangin blud, proper tourist area n dat. We got libraries n everting. We even got ice creams shops. beat dat.
Original post by Milk <3
i moved from harrow in the 90s to hillingdon even further out of london. i finally felt like there was a nice mix of cultures in hillingdon - people of different races and religions but at least i felt like i fit in, and now every year since i moved here the area is becoming more and more "diverse". obviously the word diverse is a paradox lol.

im literally the only kid in most of my classes who's parents were born in england, and principally because of that im not able to get any closer than 'acquantainces' to anyone due to culture clashes, as lovely as muslims and hindus genuinely are.
nowhere is safe in the long term though

:eek: That's really weird.
Where I live is very diverse, yet 'Whites' and 'Christians' still feel at home as much as I and my other ethnic friends do.
Safe? We're not exactly dangerous.
£100 a week?

Council flats in peckham/brixton are your only options really.
Original post by ArcadiaHouse

Peckham, Brixton, Deptford, Lewisham, Camberwell, Elephant & Castle...
Wow! So many suggestions, thank you so much. :biggrin:

All right all right, maybe £200 pw. I know London is incredibly expensive but I don't know what the 'cheap' end of the scale is for something half-decent.

I'd like somewhere near a tube station if possible, not too likely to get shanked, student-y (although I won't be a student), cool, cultured, doesn't have to be classy, lol. :smile: Near markets, museums, shops, I dunno, somewhere like Camden. I don't mind staying in a hole for a while as I'd be out exploring/working all the time.

I like the idea of Shepherd's Bush, Shoreditch etc.

Maybe I could get flatshare on Gumtree or something. I just need ideas first.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by oh-my-diddy
naaaa blud we got thorpe park init!!!! (Actually thats not in east london......but still............init!!) so like we gt rollercoasters too blud. Na blud man was at stratty library few hours ago init tryna bang out sum work bruv buh sum man almost got shanked blud (In an innappropriate area on his body). Buh uvva den dat, dis place is bangin blud, proper tourist area n dat. We got libraries n everting. We even got ice creams shops. beat dat.

You also have loveellyy smoothie places, that shop near Whitechapel station. Actually it's not exactly close to the station, but still.

Bruvvvv, we gots CAMDEN TOWN, iniiiii blud. We gots Brent X and all dem posh lyk shops, wat hav yu got ova dan East London market? We gots corner shops and launderettes. We gots TREES AND GREENERY. Blad we aint in need of no tourists, we gots a BOOM place all for ourselves iniii. We even hav a SONG dedicated to us. You aint got nuffin on us blad, nufffiin.
You also have loveellyy smoothie places, that shop near Whitechapel station. Actually it's not exactly close to the station, but still.

Bruvvvv, we gots CAMDEN TOWN, iniiiii blud. We gots Brent X and all dem posh lyk shops, wat hav yu got ova dan East London market? We gots corner shops and launderettes. We gots TREES AND GREENERY. Blad we aint in need of no tourists, we gots a BOOM place all for ourselves iniii. We even hav a SONG dedicated to us. You aint got nuffin on us blad, nufffiin.

... Is it expensive to live in CAMDEN TOWN? :tongue:
Why do all these ads on Gumtree sound like they require sexual favours? :ninja:

"Two male French students seeking female student to share flat" :sexface:
Original post by ArcadiaHouse
... Is it expensive to live in CAMDEN TOWN? :tongue:

lol, erm I actually don't know 'cause I don't live there. Sorry :no:

I live several stops away from Camden though :smile: but my parents own our house anyway so..
Original post by missygeorgia
The only person I know who's moved to central is my brother, who lived in Shoreditch- disgustingly trendy, east end, used to be rough but is shaping up and not horrifically expensive.

Otherwise, I live in South West and it's really nice here.

Is he living in a flat with other people or does he live alone? Do you? :smile:

I've heard good things about Shoreditch. :beard:
lol, erm I actually don't know 'cause I don't live there. Sorry :no:

I live several stops away from Camden though :smile: but my parents own our house anyway so..

Ohhh. :frown: Lucky you though. :tongue:
Original post by MissMoanie
depends what u want from the area, where you'll be working, what tube or bus lines you'd rather be near or if you drive / have a car are you going to need parking as can be very ver expensive... are u looking to flatshare or alone? is that with bills or without? londoner through n through PM me if u need help x

That's a very kind offer, thank you. :biggrin: Like I said, near to central as possible without being too expensive/dangerous.

What do you think, realistically, should be my budget?

Quick Reply

Latest