The Student Room Group

Blown it by falling asleep on him

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by secret_smile
You should have explained why you dozed off...

But none the less, that is incredibly rude of him.
Are you sure you even want to be dating a guy like that???

Try and see it from his point of view. He was just being honest, it's not rude. If a girl fell alseep on a first date with me I'd think exactly the same.

Without meaning to generalise, a lot (not all, of course) of you girls on TSR fail to consider what it must be like from the guy's (in these type of situations) point of view. You should try it, because I think it'd help you figure stuff out.
Just tell him you'll be sleeping with him as opposed to on him next time :wink: He'll call!
Reply 42
Original post by Panda Vinnie
Just tell him you'll be sleeping with him as opposed to on him next time :wink: He'll call!

Hell yes this.
Reply 43
Original post by Panda Vinnie

Well, that was plan B, but thankfully just explaining worked. :wink:
msn or facebook him apologising for sleeping and explain you hadn't slept for 3 days. thank him for dinner etc. simple. you get to justify yourself and make him feel better. :biggrin:
Reply 45
sick burned.
Reply 46
For people saying it was rude of him - it wasn't. I'd be mortified if a girl fell asleep on a date and wouldn't wanna know unless she had a really good excuse.

So call him, tell him you've insomnia, hadn't slept for 3 days, dark room and you dozed off, you do like him and "lets just avoid the cinema next time" then laugh. He'll come 'round.

edit: looks like you've already done that. no ****ing cinema love. go somewhere with bright lights.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
How did you know it was Harry Potter...?

Anyway, just went to see him (lives two streets away) - explained that I found our dinner interesting and enjoyed his company, but I was just so tired from not sleeping for three days and found the cinema restful and comfortable, that I fell asleep for reasons not due to him.

He smiled, then laughed, then said, "Well, thank **** for that - I really enjoyed your company too, was horrified when I thought I'd been so boring you fell asleep."

We've arranged a second date to somewhere that will be more active so there should be no more falling asleep. :wink: Thanks everybody who told me to explain it to him; I felt too embarrassed to but, like some of you said, nothing to lose.

LOL!!! i literally thought of the last film i went to see :biggrin: what a guess!!!
awww thats great :smile: youll have to let us all know how it goes!! no more falling asleep :P glad you sorted it all out! :smile:
Reply 48
Original post by Jim-ie
For people saying it was rude of him - it wasn't. I'd be mortified if a girl fell asleep on a date and wouldn't wanna know unless she had a really good excuse.

So call him, tell him you've insomnia, hadn't slept for 3 days, dark room and you dozed off, you do like him and "lets just avoid the cinema next time" then laugh. He'll come 'round.

He did. :wink: We've got a second date, only not at the cinema this time.
You should have used your time in the car to explain you have insomnia and that's why you fell asleep, and then suggested you have another date where you can perhaps talk and get to know each other (ie not cinema again). If you can contact him you should still try this - or if you're not that into him I wouldn't bother.
Edit: Glad you sorted it :smile:
I have no mobile phone, so technically no ... but I get your point.

Thing is how do you convince someone who clearly thinks, "I was so boring, she fell asleep rather than spend time with me"?

You don't have a mobile..... what?!?
Have I fallen into a timewarp or a troll?

Also instead of the silent ride home you shouldda made a joke about the whole fall asleep thing, ask him to explain the film or something, you know show you have a personality?

Sitting and being all -oh noes embarassed better be quiet- will make you seem even more boring.
Also if he actually said that, you should have had a witty retort like "well I had such a great time I fell asleep, so no loss :tongue:" again make light of a bad situation, get on well, having a laugh is the basis of anything!

-sigh- I don't get how people act.
Original post by milkytea
Try and see it from his point of view. He was just being honest, it's not rude. If a girl fell alseep on a first date with me I'd think exactly the same.

Without meaning to generalise, a lot (not all, of course) of you girls on TSR fail to consider what it must be like from the guy's (in these type of situations) point of view. You should try it, because I think it'd help you figure stuff out.

Ok, I guess that came out a bit harsh what I said before.

My thoughts were that if he wasn't happy with the fact she dozed off surely he could have just given her a nudge and asked if she wanted to do something else instead if she wasn't enjoy the film. Thats what I would have done if I was on a date that wasn't going great. My way of thinking is that if I have allocated a couple of hours for a date, if it wasn't going great I'd atleast attempt to steer it in the right direction.
I just don't like the way he didn't say anything the entire film, ignored her on the way home and then bluntly said he didn't want to see her again.

But yes I do see why he would be annoyed that she fell asleep.
Reply 52
Original post by princessmarisa
You don't have a mobile..... what?!?
Have I fallen into a timewarp or a troll?

Just the incredibly technophobic. :wink: I had one - I could just about dial and call, but in two years I never actually used it once, so it didn't really seem worth replacing when my cousin dropped it from my bathroom window.
You should've told him why you'd fallen asleep but tbh he sounded a bit like a dick.
Reply 54
when I first saw this thread, I thought it was going to go down a whole different route...

slightly dissappointed I have to say
Reply 55
I have insomnia - pretty bad and, until earlier today (which I'll be coming to), I hadn't slept at all in three days.

So, went out with a guy I've liked for a while. First date to the cinema ... and, because it's a warm and dark place, and the background noise is quite comforting, I fall asleep. Making it worse, I actually lean away from him and towards the wall.

He wakes me up a couple of hours later and, when I blearily ask him when it's starting, he coughs politely and informs me it's actually finished. Silent drive home and, at the end of it, he says, "Um, to be honest this hasn't been a great success - probably won't be calling you."

Well, what could I say? It hadn't been.

FML.

First of all - LMAO. Secondly, if you don't sleep for three days, you die. So that's false.
Reply 56
I have insomnia - pretty bad and, until earlier today (which I'll be coming to), I hadn't slept at all in three days.

So, went out with a guy I've liked for a while. First date to the cinema ... and, because it's a warm and dark place, and the background noise is quite comforting, I fall asleep. Making it worse, I actually lean away from him and towards the wall.

He wakes me up a couple of hours later and, when I blearily ask him when it's starting, he coughs politely and informs me it's actually finished. Silent drive home and, at the end of it, he says, "Um, to be honest this hasn't been a great success - probably won't be calling you."

Well, what could I say? It hadn't been.

FML.

sad times... you should put your story on fail blog... why didn't you tell him that you have sleeping problems??
Reply 57
Original post by Scubar
when I first saw this thread, I thought it was going to go down a whole different route...

slightly dissappointed I have to say

The falling asleep during sex route?

Yeah... Should have noticed before I posted.
Reply 58
Original post by rylit91
First of all - LMAO. Secondly, if you don't sleep for three days, you die. So that's false.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=how-long-can-humans-stay

I dispute that. :wink:
I think the OP has misunderstood the concept of "sleeping with him on the first date"

:lolwut:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending