The Student Room Group

Londoners! Where's the best place for me to live?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lovely88
West London, Twickenham, Richmond, Richmond and Isleworth etc.

Richmond's one of the most expensive places to live in London.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by ArcadiaHouse
Is he living in a flat with other people or does he live alone? Do you? :smile:

I've heard good things about Shoreditch. :beard:

He shares a house I think. I live with my parents when I'm in London, my boyfriend flat-shares with a couple of people in Twickenham though and his flatmates can (sort of) manage that on minimum wage.
Reply 42
Become a student and live in Camden for £87 a week :ahee:
Original post by missygeorgia
He shares a house I think. I live with my parents when I'm in London, my boyfriend flat-shares with a couple of people in Twickenham though and his flatmates can (sort of) manage that on minimum wage.

Are they students? (Sorry for being nosey!)

Did they know their flatmates beforehand? Were they friends or did they all come together to share a place?
Original post by ily_em
Become a student and live in Camden for £87 a week :ahee:

Which uni? :awesome:
Reply 45
Mornington Crescent is pretty good bang for buck if you like camden (it's 5-10 minutes walk down the high street towards central from camden town).

Could get a decent room for £150pw or less if you're lucky. I love it here - so close to everything!
Original post by Tech
Mornington Crescent is pretty good bang for buck if you like camden (it's 5-10 minutes walk down the high street towards central from camden town).

Could get a decent room for £150pw or less if you're lucky. I love it here - so close to everything!

Thank you!
Reply 47
Original post by happyfeet*

North West :cool:

Cuz we is kool blud.

Precisely why you shouldnt go to the NW lol
Shoreditch is VERY trendy and only a short way from central. You'd never get anywhere there for 100pw but for 200pw (btw, quite a large adjustment there??) you could easily find somewhere.
Original post by sc0307
Precisely why you shouldnt go to the NW lol

dun be hatin bruv.

lol, no but we do have our pleasant, slightly posh areas too :smile:
Original post by Arturo Bandini
Shoreditch is VERY trendy and only a short way from central. You'd never get anywhere there for 100pw but for 200pw (btw, quite a large adjustment there??) you could easily find somewhere.

What if I get somewhere very very cheap on Gumtree and share a flat? Is it still very expensive, even for London, or could I still exist with a job? :tongue: Or is Shoreditch not as bad?

As you can tell I'm quite clueless about London. :redface: But I loooooove it there, I've visited several times and it's just :coma:

I love living in Glasgow but London's the dream. :smile:

I plan to move in Summer 2011 at the very very earliest.
Shoreditch isn't VERY expensive, but it's not cheap either. I pay just over 100pw for a room in east london in a NON-trendy area. So anywhere trendy like shoreditch or camden is gonna be more than that. But you could still probably get a room in a decent house/flat for 120-140pw.

At the moment your budget is 100-200pw so it's hard to know what to recommend. That's a pretty broad range!
Original post by Arturo Bandini
Shoreditch isn't VERY expensive, but it's not cheap either. I pay just over 100pw for a room in east london in a NON-trendy area. So anywhere trendy like shoreditch or camden is gonna be more than that. But you could still probably get a room in a decent house/flat for 120-140pw.

At the moment your budget is 100-200pw so it's hard to know what to recommend. That's a pretty broad range!

I'm just pulling figures out of my ass tbh. :redface:

I'm willing to live within reasonable walking distance of Shoreditch/Camden. That's the kind of vibe I'm looking for. It doesn't matter if I'm living bang in the middle, so non-trendy would be totally fine.

I could just move in with a TSRian :awesome: :awesome: :awesome:
Would I get shot in Clapham?

How is Camberwell?
(edited 13 years ago)
£100 pw is this serious lol
Reply 55

dun be hatin bruv.

lol, no but we do have our pleasant, slightly posh areas too :smile:

I seriously don't understand why you're talking like that...oh well
Original post by I-love-life
£100 pw is this serious lol

According to Gumtree, yes.
Well it's hard without a real budget. If you could afford 200 a week, I'd say you should live bang in the middle of shoreditch, if you could only afford 150 then I'd say bethnal green which is close by but cheaper and if you could only afford 100 I'd say hackney which is close by and even cheaper still, or Bow which is a 5 minute bus journey away and cheaper.

And that's all based on the assumption that you wanted to live in east. I don't know about camden cos I've never lived there.
Camberwell is a ****hole, clapham is trendy and pretty nice.
Original post by sc0307
I seriously don't understand why you're talking like that...oh well

I'm guessing you don't live in North West London then.

It's a joke :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest