The Student Room Group

I saw an extremely hot girl on the train today...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by batboy113
X

batboy, stay away from those kinds of sites. It's poison for the mind. To read that stuff and then decide to try your darndest to become a douchebag because of thinking that's the way to become some kind of ultimate stud with chick is just not the way to go about things.

becomeaplayer.com Seriously?

At any rate, take a tip from the men behind AskMen.com about how to better yourself when it comes to getting women interested in you.

Very helpful site for most all men, even if you're an experienced "player" just looking for a bit of a pick-me-up.

Original post by T-Toe
Stop with the chap up lines (BIG turn-off), apologies again, tell her how you feel and wait and see :wink:

My giggedty sense is tingling... that might actually work IF, OP, you have the natural charm to pull it off!

Sound advice, T-Toe, even if you don't realise just yet how good that tactic is...:wink2:

Original post by Diaz89
change your user name to batyboy

Dude, obvious piss-take is obvious. That's so totally not cool, dude. Get original!
i didn't think people actually used chat up lines in real life....ever.
Reply 42
Well, i've been seeing her on a regular basis for the last couple of weeks, and I saw her AGAIN today. She was sitting down, and I thought that it was a great opportunity for me to approach her. I've been going on 'becomeaplayer.com' recently, and came across an article (on the website) which said that you should start the conversation with a chat-up line. The article clearly stated that the chat-up line had to be funny, and that if you don't get a positive reaction from the girl (her laughing) your chances are over. I came up with what I percieved to be a great chat-up line. So I approached her and said:

Me: Can I borrow your phone?

Her: What?

Me: I need to phone God in order to tell him that one of his angels is missing.

Her: What are you talking about?

Yep, that's when I walked away and apologised for wasting her time. I'm extremely upset right now, and feel as if i've blown my chances. Do you guys/girls think there is any hope with this chick or should I give up???

Unlucky BattyBoy chat up lines do not work...not cheesy ones like that. You should have started a conversation by picking up on what she does...eg if she reads a book on the train find out what it is...do some research on it then go back and talk to her about it (if she is still reading the same book).
Original post by balface
If only I'd had the wise guidance of TSR when I was a vunerable 14 year old.

Though that would probably work now, seeing as I look rather young for my age when I am makeupless. Works a treat when you are getting bothered by those charity scouts - I simply say "Ohh I'd love to help, but I'm only 16 :frown:, is that old enough?"

And it never is.

yes, truly everyone should be directed to TSR to ask their peers for help. Doctors, family, communication with your partner, NEVER, surely the views of unknown people online are more reliable and informed!:biggrin:

hey you might look young, but I bet you don't get your gender confused!:colondollar:
Reply 44
hahahahahaahhhahhhahaah that's such a bad pick up line looooooooooool!!!! mate, chat up lines are stupid. end of.
You know 'Hey, mind if I sit here?' with a cheeky smile usually works...
Reply 46
Well, i've been seeing her on a regular basis for the last couple of weeks, and I saw her AGAIN today. She was sitting down, and I thought that it was a great opportunity for me to approach her. I've been going on 'becomeaplayer.com' recently, and came across an article (on the website) which said that you should start the conversation with a chat-up line. The article clearly stated that the chat-up line had to be funny, and that if you don't get a positive reaction from the girl (her laughing) your chances are over. I came up with what I percieved to be a great chat-up line. So I approached her and said:

Me: Can I borrow your phone?

Her: What?

Me: I need to phone God in order to tell him that one of his angels is missing.

Her: What are you talking about?

Yep, that's when I walked away and apologised for wasting her time. I'm extremely upset right now, and feel as if i've blown my chances. Do you guys/girls think there is any hope with this chick or should I give up???

lol, unlucky. Tip number one: don't tell this sort of stuff to people on the internet.

Tip number two: if you're going to go for that approach you have to have nerves of steel for it to work, otherwise you will **** it up by mumbling.
Reply 47
Well, i've been seeing her on a regular basis for the last couple of weeks, and I saw her AGAIN today. She was sitting down, and I thought that it was a great opportunity for me to approach her......

With your attitude, you might as well come up and say "I'm a fag, lets be friends" :biggrin:

no chat ups unless you are in a bar with tipsy (ish) girls. Girls never buy chat up lines unless they have some alcohol in their veins. :biggrin::biggrin:

just start a friendly conversation, normal, no out of the ordinary, alpha male crap you see in films.

Dont copy other people's technique for pick up, because they generally dont work on girls - if they have heard about it etc. they just wont go any further.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 48
Sorry mate but I would have loved to have been another passenger watching this.
Reply 49
Original post by joey11223
yes, truly everyone should be directed to TSR to ask their peers for help. Doctors, family, communication with your partner, NEVER, surely the views of unknown people online are more reliable and informed!:biggrin:

hey you might look young, but I bet you don't get your gender confused!:colondollar:

HA, no I never get mistaken for a boy...I'd have to be a seriously tiny boy with seriously long hair.

Aww do you have a particluarly feminine face, or aforementioned seriously long hair?
:rofl:
Reply 51
x

wow. i can't even think what made you think that chat up line was good. Seriously, your only chance with her now is apologising for being a complete idiot next time you see her, if you see her, and start a normal conversation. You've severely reduced your chances though.
Reply 52
Who in their right mind would right an article saying a cha up line is the best way to approach a girl?

That's like writing an article on 'how to drive' and saying its best to take the wheels off a car.
Original post by balface
HA, no I never get mistaken for a boy...I'd have to be a seriously tiny boy with seriously long hair.

Aww do you have a particluarly feminine face, or aforementioned seriously long hair?

Well I don't think I have a feminine face...but aye it's the hair I assume. I often tie it back, and have to for work. It's when I'm at work it happens, I might be leaning over putting something in a freezer and I'll get a customer say "excuse me miss, darling, sweetie, babe etc", or "get out of the way so the lady can get past.". It's so funny. But I suppose if they could see into me and see my personality...they'd probably get it wrong too at times.:redface:

on topic...trains..well assuming OP isn't trolling then you'd have to be their dream guy for things like that to work, and they wouldn't be working, they'd just be loving any contact.
Reply 54
Stick to meeting women at bars, clubs, through friends and at uni/work. My ex was hot and she quite often came home to complain about some loser who was a complete stranger hitting on her with stupid lines like these.
OP - don't be such a fag. Now she's going to think you're a quitter with a vagina between your legs. Laugh, smile, say "never mind, my name is... and my penis is throbbing" and quickly move on to another subject while still maintaining eye contact and being engaging. Girls appreciate effort and the ability to recover.
Original post by Kodias

Original post by Kodias
lol, unlucky. Tip number one: don't tell this sort of stuff to people on the internet.

It's better than telling people you actually know. If one of my mates did this I'd be sure to take the piss forever.
Reply 57
Well I don't think I have a feminine face...but aye it's the hair I assume. I often tie it back, and have to for work. It's when I'm at work it happens, I might be leaning over putting something in a freezer and I'll get a customer say "excuse me miss, darling, sweetie, babe etc", or "get out of the way so the lady can get past.". It's so funny.

Ooh I've recently discovered a new found appreciation for guys with long hair :love:.
I think I've been re-watching my LOTR DVDs too much recently...Aragorn and Legolas, :drool:

But I suppose if they could see into me and see my personality...they'd probably get it wrong too at times.:redface:

What do you mean by this...do you have a heart or gold and are super, ultra girly level sensitive?
W4NKER
Reply 59
The biggest shame here is using a site called ''becomeaplayer.com''.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending