The Student Room Group

Insecure about my height

Hi TSR

Basically I'm insecure about my height, I'm 5ft 10 and while that may seem ok, compared to most guys at University like rowers or rugby players I feel short and incredibly feeble next to them. Also I'm turning 21 in 3 weeks and I'm still a virgin and I think this is because whenever I go out I go out with these type of guys, but I look so puny and feeble next to them girls tend to bypass me and go for the taller guys.

And also I'm worried I will never get anyone that's like a model standard, because most models are 5ft 8 minimum and they want a 6ft 2 guy minimum rather than some average or under average guy like me

Do girls care about a guys height that much or is it all in my head?

And also what can I do to increase my height from 5ft 10 to above 6 ft, I'm willing to consider surgery

Thanks

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous

Hi TSR

Basically I'm insecure about my height, I'm 5ft 10 and while that may seem ok, compared to most guys at University like rowers or rugby players I feel short and incredibly feeble next to them. Also I'm turning 21 in 3 weeks and I'm still a virgin and I think this is because whenever I go out I go out with these type of guys, but I look so puny and feeble next to them girls tend to bypass me and go for the taller guys.

And also I'm worried I will never get anyone that's like a model standard, because most models are 5ft 8 minimum and they want a 6ft 2 guy minimum rather than some average or under average guy like me

And also what can I do to increase my height from 5ft 10 to above 6 ft, I'm willing to consider surgery

Thanks

Do you sniff glue on a regular basis? i heard that can stunt your growth a lot. If you do, cut down on it, or talk to frank.
Reply 2
5 ft 10 is not short, nor is it under average. In fact I believe it's the upper end of average. Seriously, I wouldn't consider surgery. It involves breaking your legs, putting a fancy medieval rack in your bone and stretching it so that it grows longer. The process is incredibly painful and you might not even grow 2 inches from it. Furthermore, you have about 3 years to grow yet, so don't put all your eggs into the surgery basket.

If you're really insecure, might I suggest looking into purchasing some elevator shoes? These are shoes with invisible lifts in them which can raise your height by anything up to 3 inches.

Any girl that doesn't want to be with you just because of your height is a girl you can do without. Sure, many girls may prefer a taller guy, but if you have a decent personality, confidence and have other things going for you, you shouldn't have a problem.
'i'm worried i'll not get someone model standard'

:getmecoat:
Reply 4
Lol you mad?

5ft 10 is decent.
Reply 5
Original post by oh-my-diddy
Do you sniff glue on a regular basis? i heard that can stunt your growth a lot. If you do, cut down on it, or talk to frank.

Serious replies only please

Original post by JohnC2211
It involves breaking your legs, putting a fancy medieval rack in your bone and stretching it so that it grows longer. The process is incredibly painful and you might not even grow 2 inches from it. Furthermore, you have about 3 years to grow yet, so don't put all your eggs into the surgery basket.

3 years? Is there anything I can do, like stretches or exercises?
Reply 6
What makes you think that you can even get someone "model standard"? And not all beautiful girls are automatically relegated to the 5'8"+ league when their features are being carved out of the wet dreams of teenage boys.

Don't have such a hang up about your height, girls don't like insecurity - we like confidence. 5'10" is honestly, more than tall enough for most girls. If you were my height (not even 5'1"), then I might start to worry. Maybe work on your "I want a model girlfriend" attitude and once you sort that out, you might get a few more girlfriends.
Reply 7
From 17 to 18 i grew from 5ft 8 to 6ft.

Just thought i'd put that out there.
Reply 8
get some short friends..
Reply 9
How about we make a start on your insecurities by you lowering your standards from "model" standard. If I specifically went after models I'd also still be a virgin.
Aww 6ft2?!?! Damnnn I'm only 6ft1 :frown:
Serious replies only please

3 years? Is there anything I can do, like stretches or exercises?

Possibly. It's different for everyone OP, but the average age a male stops growing is 21 (I believe, don't quote me on this). You may have already stopped growing. Height is largely based on genetics, how tall are you in relation to your parents? There are certain exercises that you can do to help reach your genetic potential height, things like hanging from a pull up bar, stretching your arms, your legs, especially your back.

Maintain good posture at all times, but most of it is confidence. If you google, there's a multitude of online resources for 'dressing taller'.

Highly recommend the elevator shoes for a quick fix though, despite the fact that they tend to be expensive.

Fact remains though - you're not short. Build yourself up a bit, hit the gym, you just need more confidence mate. Some of that may be down to the fact that you're a virgin (which, by the way, there is absolutely nothing wrong with), so don't sweat it.

Just please don't consider the surgery, it's expensive and results are not guaranteed.

Hi TSR

Thanks

Bruv i'm serious. Just a question init. No need to have a bitch fit.
Reply 13
Original post by ipulledhermione
'i'm worried i'll not get someone model standard'

:getmecoat:

Original post by balface
Maybe work on your "I want a model girlfriend" attitude and once you sort that out, you might get a few more girlfriends.

The thing is I wanna lose my virginity to someone special who I can always look back on and fondly remember, rather than just some average looking girl, sorry but that's just me, that's why I've waitied

Possibly. It's different for everyone OP, but the average age a male stops growing is 21 (I believe, don't quote me on this). You may have already stopped growing. Height is largely based on genetics, how tall are you in relation to your parents? There are certain exercises that you can do to help reach your genetic potential height, things like hanging from a pull up bar, stretching your arms, your legs, especially your back.

Maintain good posture at all times, but most of it is confidence. If you google, there's a multitude of online resources for 'dressing taller'.

Highly recommend the elevator shoes for a quick fix though, despite the fact that they tend to be expensive.

Fact remains though - you're not short. Build yourself up a bit, hit the gym, you just need more confidence mate. Some of that may be down to the fact that you're a virgin (which, by the way, there is absolutely nothing wrong with), so don't sweat it.

Just please don't consider the surgery, it's expensive and results are not guaranteed.

Thanks a lot for your reply, I've actually been doing classes in Alexander Technique to improve my posture as I started doing weights at a very young age and still get back pains from doing bad deadlifts when I was 14, will look up the info on dressing taller :smile:
The thing is I wanna lose my virginity to someone special who I can always look back on and fondly remember, rather than just some average looking girl, sorry but that's just me, that's why I've waitied

Thanks a lot for your reply, I've actually been doing classes in Alexander Technique to improve my posture as I started doing weights at a very young age and still get back pains from doing bad deadlifts when I was 14, will look up the info on dressing taller :smile:

Here's a website for the secret shoes, if you're interested. 7.0 cm = roughly 3 inches.

http://www.secretshoes.co.uk/
Move to Hong Kong.

lol at the serious replies.
lol :sigh:

It doesn't matter, you're not going to put all girls off of you for life.
Original post by oh-my-diddy
Bruv i'm serious. Just a question init. No need to have a bitch fit.

Hey bruv? Bruv?

Easy up, please. :wink2:

Original post by K the Failure
Move to Hong Kong.

lol at the serious replies.

Raw.
Now sometimes you’re up and sometimes you’re down,
When you find that you’re down well just look around:
You still got a body, good legs and fine feet,
Get your head in the right place and hey, you’re complete!
Reply 19
Here's a website for the secret shoes, if you're interested. 7.0 cm = roughly 3 inches.

http://www.secretshoes.co.uk/

wow these are great, thanks! I'll thumbs you up when rep recharges

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending