The Student Room Group

Blown it by falling asleep on him

Scroll to see replies

has anyone pointed out the irony of him saying he probably won't call when she doesn't have a phone?
Reply 81
Original post by Rancorous
has anyone pointed out the irony of him saying he probably won't call when she doesn't have a phone?

I have a house phone.
Reply 82
Original post by katyness
:frown:

Oh well, boys come and go like seasons.

So do women, its not a problem for a guy to find another chick to sleep with. Especially one that doesnt fall asleep all the time..
Why didn't he wake you up?? If it was me, I would wake them and say something like, "you okay? are you bored of me?" etc. Or you could have fainted/died. Didn't he do anything??
Reply 84
Original post by Walkin'Butterfly
Why didn't he wake you up?? If it was me, I would wake them and say something like, "you okay? are you bored of me?" etc. Or you could have fainted/died. Didn't he do anything??

No, I just slept through the whole film. He did assure me I did not snore, though.
I think you should sleep on it.
Reply 86
Hang on.

Firstly, falling asleep during a film at the cinema says nothing about the person you're with - if anything it just says that the film was dull. It's not like he was attempting to entertain you personally when you fell asleep.

Secondly, you'd had a nice dinner first - how on earth did he conclude the date was a failure just because you fell asleep in the least sociable part of the date? Was he expecting to make out or something?

Thirdly, why did you let the car ride go by in silence? You should have said, "sorry, I suffer from insomnia a bit and I haven't slept for a while." In any case, I'm not sure why he didn't ask. Or why falling asleep at the cinema would be a deal-breaker. An ex of mine used to fall asleep during films all the time and not even know it. Then it would be, "I don't get the big deal with Fight Club, it was boring and pointless ... hang on, what twist? There was no twist."

I dunno, he sounds like a douche to me.
Reply 87
Original post by Anonymous
I have insomnia - pretty bad and, until earlier today (which I'll be coming to), I hadn't slept at all in three days.

So, went out with a guy I've liked for a while. First date to the cinema ... and, because it's a warm and dark place, and the background noise is quite comforting, I fall asleep. Making it worse, I actually lean away from him and towards the wall.

He wakes me up a couple of hours later and, when I blearily ask him when it's starting, he coughs politely and informs me it's actually finished. Silent drive home and, at the end of it, he says, "Um, to be honest this hasn't been a great success - probably won't be calling you."

Well, what could I say? It hadn't been.

FML.

I think I'm going to agree with some of the other people on here that he might not be worth it! I mean it didn't came up in him to ask ''are you alright?'' I mean surely you would feel something is up if the person you are having a date with is constantly falling a sleep :s-smilie:
Original post by Crazy Paving
I think you should sleep on it.

Bravo :adore:
Reply 89
Original post by katyness
:frown:

Oh well, boys come and go like seasons.

But do you have reasons why you tease em ? And are you Fergalicious :holmes: ?
Reply 90
Original post by Pop_tart
I think I'm going to agree with some of the other people on here that he might not be worth it! I mean it didn't came up in him to ask ''are you alright?'' I mean surely you would feel something is up if the person you are having a date with is constantly falling a sleep :s-smilie:

It was once, not constantly.
Reply 92

:rofl: Ok, now I'm laughing.

He actually moved to sit a seat away.
We'd had dinner first - lots of conversation, we got on all right until the cinema. :frown:

If he left it at the end with that line he's really a bit of a knob...
Reply 94
OP are you,...gay?
Original post by Laertes
If you like him that much, tell him. Worst thing he does is says no and he's already done that, so you might as well.

This, you have nothing to lose by telling him why it happened.
Reply 96
It was once, not constantly.

You know what, that is not even relevant!! :tongue: you are missing the whole point that he never woke up during the film or thought ''hm I wonder why she is leaning all against the whole and hasn't moved at all for the last hour..'' unless he didn't look at you once during the film and only noticed you were asleep at the end of the film and then woke you up but I highly doubt that.

Sorry if this sounds harsh but especially after what he said it doesn't seem like he had THAT much of an interest in you in the first place. I mean you said you had a great dinner first with loads of talking then went to the cinema, okay you fell asleep and then he says ''this night hasn't been successfull'', if he enjoyed anyt of it at all you would think he would say '' thanks for the dinner it was great, movie was okay'' but not like the whole night was one big let down.. I mean if he liked you in the slightest he would at least have thought something like ''ah she was probably really tired''. The fact that he doesn't really want to go on another date with you says enough I think.

All the best with what ever you decide! :smile:
Reply 97
"This wasn't exactly a success, I probably won't be calling you"

Er...wtf, falling asleep in the cinema not talking to each other...as opposed to sitting in silence, not talking to each other.

This guy sounds like a total ****. Tell him to get over himself and move on.
Original post by zjs
Another reason not to have a first date in a cinema, if the lack of opportunity for conversation wasn't enough.

My first date was in a cinema, and we've been together two years :smile: Though we did go to eat first to get the conversation rolling.

But yeah, a lot of the time, cinemas aren't great for it.
Reply 99
Original post by Hooj
OP are you,...gay?

Why would falling asleep make me gay? :confused:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending